It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'This Is Not Islam': #NotInMyName Campaign Revived After Paris Attacks

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 18 2015 @ 05:37 AM
link   
I am really fed up with this political correctness in such times of crisis...

Lets ignore the the 167 verses of jihad in koran, and call it a religion of peace
and of course not all muslims are terrorists, although if they agree with the jihad of koran, they would also agree with the terrorists acts.

islamic state is only one expression of this jihad.

I am asking now what lead to all this tragedy?
Would they blow their petty selves up if they didn't believe in afterlife of their god?
Isn't their religion the only instigator of their terrorists acts?

The title couldn't be more wrong because THIS IS ISLAM. and a loud example of what religious fanaticism and stupid superstitious beliefs, can do to the believers turning them into violence.

ISlam is the only tool they use to recruit new members, who would happily give their life's for their god.
And express their hate for the western sinful societies, western freedom of speech, people's rights and the treatment of ''our women''.

ISLAM IS A RELIGION OF SUPPRESSION and VIOLENCE,( explain jihad, and people's rights, before trying to prove this wrong).
edit on WedWed, 18 Nov 2015 05:42:18 -06001AMk000000Wednesdayam by Dr1Akula because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 18 2015 @ 10:39 AM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

TextThis is a fair point and is certainly one of the reasons why I despise all three Abrahamic religions, but I'm not going to hate you just because you worship it. I want you to actually give me a valid reason to do so before I throw my hate at you. Hate is a VERY powerful emotion, and people shouldn't be so willing to throw it out.

Yes you despise the God of Abraham and you told me once that the God of Abraham was an asshole. Trying to understand why you continue this charade in championing just about all that is evil leads me to believe that you simply love to argue. I have noted that even in this thread that you bash Christianity time and again even when Christianity is not the subject matter here. You can't help yourself. You are as obsessed with hatred than those of whom you champion. You say " Hate is a VERY powerful emotion, and people shouldn't be so willing to throw it out." Does that not include you also?

To give you a valid reason why one would worship the God of Abraham would never be valid to you because you have your mind set. You just admitted it when you said that you despised all three Abrahamic religions and long before this you tore into me with the rant that Abraham's God is an asshole. You now present a thread in defense of the Muslims of Muhammadism and once again bash the Christians who have had no part in this subject whatsoever. Muslims are not even remotely alike to Christianity in either religion or culture. You do show your inconsistency and hatred yourself.

posted on Nov, 18 2015 @ 10:46 AM
link   
a reply to: Seede

The point of that post clearly went over your head. I'm not sure if it was intentional or unintentional. I'm going to side with intentional since it appears that you want so desperately to adopt this Christian persecution complex you got going on here.

To give you a valid reason why one would worship the God of Abraham would never be valid to you because you have your mind set. You just admitted it when you said that you despised all three Abrahamic religions and long before this you tore into me with the rant that Abraham's God is an asshole. You now present a thread in defense of the Muslims of Muhammadism and once again bash the Christians who have had no part in this subject whatsoever. Muslims are not even remotely alike to Christianity in either religion or culture. You do show your inconsistency and hatred yourself.

Of course I have my mind set. I was a Christian before. I found the religion to be wrong so I left it. I'm not even going to deny that I dislike the Abrahamic God, but god is an abstract concept and not human. So saying that I hate Christians just because I despise your god is dishonest and a false equivalency fallacy. This has nothing to do with how I feel about the people who actually still worship it though despite your insistence that it does.

At the end of the day this is just a standard Christian persecution complex post and completely irrelevant to the points I made in the OP. Leave to a Christian to come in and start complaining that people are talking about Christianity in a bad light...

PS: I have no intention of letting you derail this thread so you can attack me and my beliefs about Christianity. If this upsets you so badly, take it to U2U and we can discuss it further. Any further posts along this nature in this thread will be ignored by me.
edit on 18-11-2015 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 18 2015 @ 10:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: Dr1Akula
I am really fed up with this political correctness in such times of crisis...

Too bad. It's a free country and I have the right to say whatever I damn well please. Sorry that you find rationality and objectivity to be offensive, but hey I'm here and I'm going to present it anyways regardless of your opinions about it.

Lets ignore the the 167 verses of jihad in koran, and call it a religion of peace
and of course not all muslims are terrorists, although if they agree with the jihad of koran, they would also agree with the terrorists acts.

That's fine. Christians ignore a great many verses in the bible to justify the ways they live. You make it sound like Muslims can't do this as well.

islamic state is only one expression of this jihad.

I am asking now what lead to all this tragedy?
Would they blow their petty selves up if they didn't believe in afterlife of their god?
Isn't their religion the only instigator of their terrorists acts?

What leads them to be terrorists is likely a combination of a great many things that cannot be adequately summed up in a forum post (and even if I could, I doubt you are open to changing your thinking on the matter anyways).

The title couldn't be more wrong because THIS IS ISLAM. and a loud example of what religious fanaticism and stupid superstitious beliefs, can do to the believers turning them into violence.

So the Muslims saying otherwise are wrong, but the non-Muslim who likely has never spoken to a Muslim in his life is more correct? Lol.

ISlam is the only tool they use to recruit new members, who would happily give their life's for their god.
And express their hate for the western sinful societies, western freedom of speech, people's rights and the treatment of ''our women''.

Actually, their primary recruitment tool these days has been Conservative xenophobia. "See! This is what they are saying about us!"

ISLAM IS A RELIGION OF SUPPRESSION and VIOLENCE,( explain jihad, and people's rights, before trying to prove this wrong).

So is Christianity and literally any religion on the planet. All religions have been used to suppress and have had violence carried out in its name. Islam isn't unique here.

posted on Nov, 18 2015 @ 10:55 AM
link   
a reply to: enlightenedservant

It certainly shows that the phrase "I'm open-minded" on this website is more of a buzzphrase than an actual truism.

posted on Nov, 18 2015 @ 01:38 PM
link   

TextJust remember, not all Muslims want to kill you no matter WHAT you think their holy texts say.

Derailing a thread is not answering a statement or question and it was your statement that was answered.

Back to your thread. All Muslims of Muhammadism read the same book do they not? And what does that book teach?

KORAN commands to kill infidels:

Allah is an enemy to unbelievers. - Sura 2:98

On unbelievers is the curse of Allah. - Sura 2:161

Slay them wherever ye find them and drive them out of the places whence they drove you out, for persecution is worse than slaughter. - 2:191

Fight against them until idolatry is no more and Allah's religion reigns supreme. (different translation: ) Fight them until there is no persecution and the religion is God's entirely. - Sura 2:193 and 8:39

Fighting is obligatory for you, much as you dislike it. - 2:216
(different translation: ) Prescribed for you is fighting, though it is hateful to you.

..... martyrs.... Enter heaven - Surah 3:140-43

If you should die or be killed in the cause of Allah, His mercy and forgiveness would surely be better than all they riches they amass. If you should die or be killed, before Him you shall all be gathered. - 3:157-8

You must not think that those who were slain in the cause of Allah are dead. They are alive, and well-provided for by their Lord. - Surah 3:169-71

Let those fight in the cause of God who sell the life of this world for the hereafter. To him who fights in the cause of God, whether he is slain or victorious, soon we shall give him a great reward. - Surah 4:74

Those who believe fight in the cause of God, and those who reject faith fight in the cause of evil. - 4:76

But if they turn renegades, seize them and slay them wherever you find them. - 4:89

Therefore, we stirred among them enmity and hatred, which shall endure till the Day of Resurrection, when Allah will declare to them all that they have done. - 5:14

O believers, take not Jews and Christians as friends; they are friends of each other. Those of you who make them his friends is one of them. God does not guide an unjust people. - 5:54

Make war on them until idolatry is no more and Allah's religion reigns supreme - 8:39

O Prophet! Exhort the believers to fight. If there are 20 steadfast men among you, they shall vanquish 200; and if there are a hundred, they shall rout a thousand unbelievers, for they are devoid of understanding. - 8:65

It is not for any Prophet to have captives until he has made slaughter in the land. - 8:67

Allah will humble the unbelievers. Allah and His apostle are free from obligations to idol-worshipers. Proclaim a woeful punishment to the unbelievers. - 9:2-3

When the sacred months are over, slay the idolaters wherever you find them. Arrest them, besiege them, and lie in ambush everywhere for them. - 9:5

Believers! Know that idolators are unclean. - 9:28

Fight those who believe neither in God nor the Last Day, nor what has been forbidden by God and his messenger, nor acknowledge the religion of Truth, even if they are People of the Book, until they pay the tribute and have been humbled. - 9:29 (another source: ) The unbelievers are impure and their abode is hell. (another source: ) Humiliate the non-Muslims to such an extent that they surrender and pay tribute.

Whether unarmed or well-equipped, march on and fight for the cause of Allah, with your wealth and your persons. - 9:41

O Prophet! Make war on the unbelievers and the hypocrites. Be harsh with them. Their ultimate abode is hell, a hapless journey's end. - 9:73

Allah has purchased of their faithful lives and worldly goods, and in return has promised them the Garden. They will fight for His cause, kill and be killed. - 9:111

Fight unbelievers who are near to you. 9:123 (different translation:
Believers! Make war on the infidels who dwell around you. Let them find harshness in you. (another source: ) Ye who believe! Murder those of the disbelievers....

As for those who are slain in the cause of Allah, He will not allow their works to perish. He will vouchsafe them guidance and ennoble their state; He will admit them to the Paradise He has made known to them. - 10:4-15

Allah has cursed the unbelievers and proposed for them a blazing hell. - 33:60

Unbelievers are enemies of Allah and they will roast in hell. - 41:14

When you meet the unbelievers, smite their necks, then when you have made wide slaughter among them, tie fast the bonds, then set them free, either by grace or ransom, until the war lays down its burdens. - 47:4
(different translation: ) When you meet the unbelievers in the battlefield, strike off their heads, and when you have laid them low, bind your captives firmly.

Those who are slain in the way of Allah - he will never let their deeds be lost. Soon will he guide them and improve their condition, and admit them to the Garden, which he has announced for them. - 47:5

Muslims are harsh against the unbelievers, merciful to one another. - 48:25

Muhammad is Allah's apostle. Those who follow him are ruthless to the unbelievers but merciful to one another. Through them, Allah seeks to enrage the unbelievers. - 48:29

Prophet! Make war on the unbelievers and the hypocrites and deal sternly with them. Hell shall be their home, evil their fate. - 66:9

The unbelievers among the People of the Book and the pagans shall burn forever in the fire of hell. They are the vilest of all creatures. - 98:51

Fight them so that Allah may punish them at your hands, and put them to shame. (verse cited in Newsweek 2/11/02)

posted on Nov, 18 2015 @ 02:02 PM
link   
To Krazyshot

O believers, take not Jews and Christians as friends; they are friends of each other. Those of you who make them his friends is one of them. God does not guide an unjust people. - Surah 5:54

Fight unbelievers who are near to you. 9:123 (different translation:
Believers! Make war on the infidels who dwell around you. Let them find harshness in you. (another source: ) Ye who believe! Murder those of the disbelievers....

Muhammad is Allah's apostle. Those who follow him are ruthless to the unbelievers but merciful to one another. Through them, Allah seeks to enrage the unbelievers. - 48:29

Now Krazyshot does that apply to all unbelievers of Islam? You are an unbeliever, right?

posted on Nov, 18 2015 @ 02:12 PM
link   
a reply to: Seede

Do you REALLY want to play the quote mine religious text game? Because you've go to KNOW I'm going to start quoting the Bible back to you. For instance, we have this lovely gem:

Deuteronomy 21:18-21 18 If a man have a stubborn and rebellious son, which will not obey the voice of his father, or the voice of his mother, and that, when they have chastened him, will not hearken unto them:

19 Then shall his father and his mother lay hold on him, and bring him out unto the elders of his city, and unto the gate of his place;

20 And they shall say unto the elders of his city, This our son is stubborn and rebellious, he will not obey our voice; he is a glutton, and a drunkard.

21 And all the men of his city shall stone him with stones, that he die: so shalt thou put evil away from among you; and all Israel shall hear, and fear.

Though you brought up religious intolerance within the Koran. Here are 730 Bible passages about the same thing:
Biblical Intolerance (730 passages)

You must kill those who worship another god. Exodus 22:20

Kill any friends or family that worship a god that is different than your own. Deuteronomy 13:6-10

Kill all the inhabitants of any city where you find people that worship differently than you. Deuteronomy 13:12-16

Kill everyone who has religious views that are different than your own. Deuteronomy 17:2-7

Kill anyone who refuses to listen to a priest. Deuteronomy 17:12-13

Kill any false prophets. Deuteronomy 18:20

Jude reminds us that God destroys those who don’t believe in him. Jude 5

Here's some NT quotes:

2 John 1:10

If anyone comes to you and doesn’t bring these teachings, don’t take him into your home or even greet him.

Romans 16:17

Brothers and sisters, I urge you to watch out for those people who create divisions and who make others fall away [from the Christian faith] by teaching doctrine that is not the same as you have learned. Stay away from them.

Colossians 2:8

Don’t let anyone capture you with empty philosophies and high-sounding nonsense that come from human thinking and from the spiritual powers of this world, rather than from Christ.

posted on Nov, 18 2015 @ 04:18 PM
link   
This is not Islam huh?

How about that soccer match in Turkey where the crowd booed during the moment of silence for Paris and started shouting alah ahkbar? Whole stadium made up of extremists?

posted on Nov, 18 2015 @ 06:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: EverydayInVA
This is not Islam huh?

How about that soccer match in Turkey where the crowd booed during the moment of silence for Paris and started shouting alah ahkbar? Whole stadium made up of extremists?

Just more proof that even everyday non-fanatic muslims agree with the actions of the jihadists!
looks more and more that ''this is Islam'' after all.

posted on Nov, 18 2015 @ 08:36 PM
link   

Deuteronomy 21:18-21 18 If a man have a stubborn and rebellious son, which will not obey the voice of his father, or the voice of his mother, and that, when they have chastened him, will not hearken unto them:
19 Then shall his father and his mother lay hold on him, and bring him out unto the elders of his city, and unto the gate of his place;
20 And they shall say unto the elders of his city, This our son is stubborn and rebellious, he will not obey our voice; he is a glutton, and a drunkard.
21 And all the men of his city shall stone him with stones, that he die: so shalt thou put evil away from among you; and all Israel shall hear, and fear.
Though you brought up religious intolerance within the Koran. Here are 730 Bible passages about the same thing:
Biblical Intolerance (730 passages)
You must kill those who worship another god. Exodus 22:20
Kill any friends or family that worship a god that is different than your own. Deuteronomy 13:6-10
Kill all the inhabitants of any city where you find people that worship differently than you. Deuteronomy 13:12-16
Kill everyone who has religious views that are different than your own. Deuteronomy 17:2-7
Kill anyone who refuses to listen to a priest. Deuteronomy 17:12-13
Kill any false prophets. Deuteronomy 18:20

That is not Christianity . Jesus never taught any such thing and it is not His covenant at all. All of the OT quotes that you posted were of the covenant of Moses not the covenant of Christianity.

Jude reminds us that God destroys those who don’t believe in him. Jude 5

All terrestrial life must die but here Jude is referring to the second death which is the death of the spirit. Not killing innocent people.

2 John 1:10 If anyone comes to you and doesn’t bring these teachings, don’t take him into your home or even greet him.

Romans 16:17
Brothers and sisters, I urge you to watch out for those people who create divisions and who make others fall away [from the Christian faith] by teaching doctrine that is not the same as you have learned. Stay away from them.

Colossians 2:8
Don’t let anyone capture you with empty philosophies and high-sounding nonsense that come from human thinking and from the spiritual powers of this world, rather than from Christ.

Far cry from murder isn't it? Jesus never taught murder nor harm to others. Segregation of people has been part and parcel of this nation since its conception. You have proved my point exactly. Christianity was never founded upon murder by the Apostolic Church and segregation is simply preference or choice of who to mingle with. You can love people and not like them and you can live in peace with out murdering them. The Koran is a filthy ideology which will not be accepted much longer.

posted on Nov, 19 2015 @ 12:51 AM
link   

If they are so outraged by the actions of a few, do something about them.

posted on Nov, 19 2015 @ 11:20 AM
link   
"The peaceful majority are irrelevant" - never have truer words been spoken - and the violent minority are several hundred million people - they ain't that small.

posted on Nov, 20 2015 @ 03:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: Power_Semi
"The peaceful majority are irrelevant" - never have truer words been spoken - and the violent minority are several hundred million people - they ain't that small.

Precisely.

They trot out the same 5 mumbling mopes after every carnage. The "brave opposition".

They're all living under a fatwa of death, lol.

And then they say "it's only a small %". And conveniently leave out "of 1.5 billion".

There are muslim terrorists, muslims that quietly support them, and muslims who are too scared to look up, lest the terrorists blast them. That's about it. Oh, and the 5 mopes.

posted on Nov, 20 2015 @ 03:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: EverydayInVA
This is not Islam huh?

Yup..........scum savage barbaric subhuman dogs. Who the hell boos a moment of silence for the dead ? As I just described, that's who.

posted on Nov, 20 2015 @ 05:08 PM
link   
I think it's funny that society knows how messed up religion is, yet still follows it. Islam means PEACE! Christianity is about love and compassion! Hindus and Pagans aren't confusing!

Ahh.. If only religion told the truth.

posted on Nov, 20 2015 @ 06:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: blueman12
I think it's funny that society knows how messed up religion is, yet still follows it. Islam means PEACE! Christianity is about love and compassion! Hindus and Pagans aren't confusing!

Ahh.. If only religion told the truth.

Christianity of Jesus, the new testament, and the current century is all about peace. Though there are a few scattered bad people misusing it.

Islam is documented as, and decidedly built around conquest, domination, eradication of all other beliefs. And absolutely whatever it takes to achieve that. From its inception until today.

The rest of the religions are relatively benign, with radicals here and there.

posted on Nov, 20 2015 @ 06:38 PM
link   
a reply to: stevieray

Christianity has had its fair share of domination and eradication. It still has problems today. No where near the problems of islam, but it is far from being pure.

People are going to fight and argue about religions until the end of time. They are a confusing, self-righteous, illogical mess.

You can criticize islam about how silly, barbaric and stupid it is. But whats the point if you can't do the same thing about your religion? If you can't analyze and think about your own beliefs without bias, how is right to do it to others?

I'm fascinated that there are so many religious folk in the conspiracy community that will question everything in the universe except their own religious beliefs.

posted on Nov, 20 2015 @ 08:01 PM
link   
a reply to: blueman12

You can criticize islam about how silly, barbaric and stupid it is. But whats the point if you can't do the same thing about your religion? If you can't analyze and think about your own beliefs without bias, how is right to do it to others? I'm fascinated that there are so many religious folk in the conspiracy community that will question everything in the universe except their own religious beliefs.

Your point is not on target. Christianity nor any other ideology is on trial here. It was the OP's thread that is being discussed and not Christian bashing as is the usual practice here on ATS. Because one does an act is no license for another to do the same and this discussion is not conspiratory by any means.

All of Muhammadism are/is united by Wahhabism but all Islam is not Wahhabisam. Wahhabism is the thing that we are looking at today. Sunni is about 85-90 % of the Islamic tradition, Shia is about 10% and Sufism is a small unknown percentage. Even though there are political differences between the groups, they are all united as Muslims into one big pot of people and they use the same Koran for their understanding. Now if, as the Muslims claim, only a minority of Muslims are of the Saudi Wahhabism mindset and are responsible for terrorism, then why are not the vast majority of Muslims who are not of the Wahhabism class spend time and effort to clear their matter up?

The answer? Because they are all united by one book of Koran and cannot judge their murderous brothers with out violating their doctrine. They dare not judge their own because that will come home to bite them. When you see one family member kill a person and you remain quiet then you are as guilty as that murderer by moral conduct. But not so in the Muslim world. Even though there are a few Muslims who will say that murder or harming another is wrong, that is as far as it will go. The vast majority will say and do nothing to quell the tide of this filthy cowardly ideology. In fact they will protect their evil brothers with the mindset that Koran is their god.

I do not see this practice in other religions and it is unfair and disingenuous to try to excuse this in a comparative mindset with other religions. There is no comparison that stands today with this Muslim ideology. It will be erased eventually.

posted on Nov, 27 2015 @ 09:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: blueman12
a reply to: stevieray

Christianity has had its fair share of domination and eradication. It still has problems today. No where near the problems of islam, but it is far from being pure.

People are going to fight and argue about religions until the end of time. They are a confusing, self-righteous, illogical mess.

You can criticize islam about how silly, barbaric and stupid it is. But whats the point if you can't do the same thing about your religion? If you can't analyze and think about your own beliefs without bias, how is right to do it to others?

I'm fascinated that there are so many religious folk in the conspiracy community that will question everything in the universe except their own religious beliefs.

Anybody who tries to dismiss it as "not islam" or tries to equate islamic terrorism with anything else remotely similar today, is lying through their teeth.

Their reasons for doing so, who knows. My guess is that they are primarily internet propagandists for islam. But some are actually that illogical, silly, and suicidal. Willing to offer themselves and their family for slaughter, to glamorize a pollyanna pipe dream.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join