It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

AP Newsbreak: Iraq warned of attacks before Paris assault

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 16 2015 @ 03:50 AM
link   
I just found this article where it is claimed there were warnings before the attack in Paris. In defense I am sure security elements get warnings all the time.. But this time the warnings of an imminent attack were correct; just no one knew where and exactly when.

newsletter.thaivisa.com...

"We have recovered information from our direct sources in the Islamic State terrorist organization about the orders issued by terrorist 'Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi' directing all members of the organization to implement an international attack that includes all coalition countries, in addition to Iran and the Russian Federation, through bombings or assassinations or hostage taking in the coming days. We do not have information on the date and place for implementing these terrorist operations at this time," the Iraqi dispatch read in part.

Among the other warnings cited by Iraqi officials: that the Paris attacks appear to have been planned in Raqqa, Syria — the Islamic State's de-facto capital — where the attackers were trained specifically for this operation and with the intention of sending them to France.

The officials also said a sleeper cell in France then met with the attackers after their training and helped them to execute the plan.

There were 24 people involved in the operation, they said: 19 attackers and five others in charge of logistics and planning.

The officials all spoke anonymously because they are not authorized to discuss the matter publicly.

posted on Nov, 16 2015 @ 04:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: 727Sky
I just found this article where it is claimed there were warnings before the attack in Paris. In defense I am sure security elements get warnings all the time.. But this time the warnings of an imminent attack were correct; just no one knew where and exactly when.

newsletter.thaivisa.com...

"We have recovered information from our direct sources in the Islamic State terrorist organization about the orders issued by terrorist 'Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi' directing all members of the organization to implement an international attack that includes all coalition countries, in addition to Iran and the Russian Federation, through bombings or assassinations or hostage taking in the coming days. We do not have information on the date and place for implementing these terrorist operations at this time," the Iraqi dispatch read in part.

Among the other warnings cited by Iraqi officials: that the Paris attacks appear to have been planned in Raqqa, Syria — the Islamic State's de-facto capital — where the attackers were trained specifically for this operation and with the intention of sending them to France.

The officials also said a sleeper cell in France then met with the attackers after their training and helped them to execute the plan.

There were 24 people involved in the operation, they said: 19 attackers and five others in charge of logistics and planning.

The officials all spoke anonymously because they are not authorized to discuss the matter publicly.

Hmm, how many did the French eliminate during the events in Paris? Sounds like they have a few loose ends running around. I hope they are found before they can effect another event on the public.

posted on Nov, 16 2015 @ 05:02 AM
link   
a reply to: Cygnis

Thanks for the reply and I agree it would be nice if they could sow up any remaining loose ends. Problem with warnings like this (besides the many they receive) is the who, when, where of it all. They did capture one alive so I expect him to tell everything he knows over and over again.

posted on Nov, 16 2015 @ 05:44 AM
link   
Yes, yes they did.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Nov, 16 2015 @ 05:47 AM
link   
Thanks for the heads up mods can close this one............a reply to: Shamrock6

posted on Nov, 16 2015 @ 05:55 AM
link   
a reply to: 727Sky

And French intelligence has said they get vague warnings like this "all the time" and "every day."

It's not like these guys aren't doing their jobs. They've foiled a number of terrorist attacks recently. They're just overwhelmed by the increasing number of radicalized Muslims in their country.

posted on Nov, 16 2015 @ 06:06 AM
link   
a reply to: 727Sky

It's an interesting story. I'm glad to see the Iraqis producing hard intelligence, for its allies, and trying to help.

But the lack of specificity made it nearly impossible to do anything about it. That, coupled with the very, very short time frame between the report and the attack meant the French weren't going to be able to do much.

I do think the French are trying to downplay the report, though, to save face. I don't think the Iraqis are going to appreciate having their work denigrated in the global media.

posted on Nov, 16 2015 @ 06:48 AM
link   
I can't start my own thread yet, so I'm sry if this isn't exactly on topic. I was with a group of friends yesterday, and they are not the typical American people, but they are "sheep". They were saying how Isis said that Paris was the beginning and that they have American cities on there list. Most of my friends were scared that it was gonna happen in America.
So I don't know if Isis is real or not. But the fact that mutable countries can not wipe out a group of people driving around the desert in mile long convoys is just unbelievable. I am leaning towards the theory that Isis is not "real" and that the powers of the world are using them to strike fear into free countries, so that the people are to scared to realize that there freedoms are being taken away.
I will stop there. I could go on for a very long time about this. Again I'm sry if this is not the place, but I need to say something

posted on Nov, 16 2015 @ 07:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: Shamrock6
I do think the French are trying to downplay the report, though, to save face. I don't think the Iraqis are going to appreciate having their work denigrated in the global media.

And I'm sure French intelligence doesn't appreciate getting called out in public by the Iraqis.

posted on Nov, 16 2015 @ 07:09 AM
link   
a reply to: Kazber
Whatever you want to call them among others they are real and want to destroy western civilization. Are there plans to hit major cites in what is called the western world; of course there is....However, the devil is in the details and the troubles of execution of those plans are problematic. Having said that, Mosque are great places for covert meetings as in no phone calls or emails needed just face to face planning of future operations.

Could it be one rabid animal who is ate up with his religion and goes on a shooting spree or a group who will go for more bang for the buck... Only the future will reveal. ... Also a little false flag to drive the herd into a frenzy should never be discounted if history is any indicator.

new topics

top topics

join