It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Anonymous threat to ISIS... has Anonymous lost its way?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 16 2015 @ 03:16 AM
link   
Less than one day ago, Anonymous Nord posted a video vowing to go all out war against ISIS.

What bothers me is while IS is definitely a threat to world peace, it seems that even Anonymous fails to acknowledge that IS is a symptom and not a cause. Are we losing Anonymous to the hands of the elite, have Anonymous become a tool of those who seek to oppress us?

IS is an issue that we cannot solve by going all out war on them, simply because that was how they were forged in the first place.

We in the west have been raping the states of the middleeast for 1000 years, although in the last 60 years it has been done more covertly than previously.

If Anonymous really wanted to make a difference, they can't let themselves be taken by the emotions caused by the Paris attack. They have to remain vigilant and awake, and instead focus on what has created IS in the first place.

If I was Anonymous, I would risk my lively hood and freedom to hack and expose the governments and military communications that have been going from from 1 day ago back 10-20-30 years and release all of it to the public in one giant scandal bomb.
Show the world, how koalition countries have been working actively to destroy the sovereign statets of North Africa and the middleeast for decades.
But it seems that is not happening any time soon. Most likely because that would ruin the show of it all... you know the constant battle between "us and them", in order to define ourselves as opposite to them, thereby giving our life meaning.

How sad and disappointing. I hope the Russians remaing succesful in their endeavour to cut down IS.

posted on Nov, 16 2015 @ 03:19 AM
link   
Any one can post as Anonymous or do anything in the name of Anonymous. It seems like you don't understand who or what Anonymous is.

posted on Nov, 16 2015 @ 03:21 AM
link   
a reply to: calstorm

Yea. This anonymous video is propaganda video. Not real anonymous.

Or maybe anonymous likes money now too.

posted on Nov, 16 2015 @ 03:37 AM
link   
a reply to: flice

cut off ISs money supply and all hell will break loose.

posted on Nov, 16 2015 @ 03:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: calstorm
Any one can post as Anonymous or do anything in the name of Anonymous. It seems like you don't understand who or what Anonymous is.

I do know.... it just shows how easily the idea of Anonymous can be used to sway the minds of people, even when it's for the wrong reasons.

posted on Nov, 16 2015 @ 04:30 AM
link   

If Anonymous were to dig into IS, their history, their origins, then reveal their findings I believe it would be damaging to the IS cause. Given that they are a product of unofficial foreign policy choices made by the Western nations, more than they are anything else, their true history and origins will win them no friends and cause them to haemorrhage support like mad.

posted on Nov, 16 2015 @ 04:38 AM
link   
at least they can find the money streams to IS and reveal the real leaders... :-0

posted on Nov, 16 2015 @ 04:53 AM
link   

Just so you know, "Anonymous" isn't a single group. At best, it's simply an umbrella term that any individual hactivist or hactivist groups can use. At worse, it's also a term that's used by intelligence agencies, defense contractors, and others for various reasons.

To get a good idea of what I'm talking about, check out youtube for Anonymous branches from any country in southeast Asia. There are Anonymous messages to the Chinese govt, to the Cambodian govt, and for a wide variety of specific causes. Many of the videos use simply text to speech programs & basic graphics, while others are pretty intricate. In other words, the videos are made by different groups with vastly different capabilities for creating multimedia.

So in short, no. Anonymous hasn't lost its way because it's always been about hactivism. Of course, intelligence agencies & defense contractors also hide under the term to push their agendas, but how would we know the difference?

posted on Nov, 16 2015 @ 05:03 AM
link   
a reply to: enlightenedservant

You are right that it is hard to make out who is who, when dealing with Anonymous.

However, the fact that Anonymous provides a cloak which allows regular people to have the freedom from consequence normally reserved for intelligence service members, means that it is an equalising concept. Yes, it can be usurped, but only to the same degree as any other underground movement, or organisation. The difference being that far more of its activities become public knowledge in a timely and open fashion, than do the activities of the public servants who want us to believe that our tax money is being spent wisely, while paying our enemies to train and arm themselves.

There is a large difference there. Of all the organisations out there, whose member list is largely a mystery, whose participants cannot be easily identified, who operate by stealth and subterfuge, I would rather see Anonymous gain insight than see any of the international intelligence agencies get a hold of it.

posted on Nov, 16 2015 @ 06:27 AM
link   
a reply to: TrueBrit

Sorry for the misunderstanding, but I'm neither for nor against Anonymous. Some friends & I have watched their groups since the original Occupy Wall St. protests. I've watched quite a few of these movements & organizations, including wikileaks back when it was only leaking lame documents like secret Microsoft slideshows detailing privacy issues. I can understand why they exist & respect anyone's desire to fight against corruption in the world.

However, that also doesn't change the fact that there are defense contractors & intelligence agencies also operating under the name Anonymous. I remember several years ago when "Anonymous" attacked several small town police departments in rural America. Then coincidentally, some contractors started pushing their security programs & equipment to these departments as a way to deal with this new threat.

I also remember some fancy Anonymous videos several years ago that tried to stir up Thai, Vietnamese, and/or Philippine support against China. I just thought it was ironic at the time, since the Obama Administration had been making a point to "pivot to the East" to counter China's rising influence (usually by arming & supporting the East Asian countries that have grievances with China). But the more videos and actions I saw, the more I realized the motivations were vastly different for each Anonymous "cell".

edit on 16-11-2015 by enlightenedservant because: either/or, neither/nor

posted on Nov, 16 2015 @ 12:14 PM
link   

...If I was Anonymous, I would risk my lively hood and freedom to hack and expose the governments and military communications that have been going from from 1 day ago back 10-20-30 years and release all of it to the public in one giant scandal bomb.

Maybe anonymous isn't anonymous any more? At least the anonhq on Facebook....

posted on Nov, 16 2015 @ 02:00 PM
link   

That release is state sponsored propaganda. The narrative is so thick you can taste it.
ISIS is US/Saudi/Israel.

France recently announced it would not sign the TPP and it was leaning towards a full recognition of the Palestinian state.

Besides, you can't deny the single French aircraft carrier was put in position to attack Syria before the Paris Op.

There are conspiracies will scant circumstantial evidence. This isn't one of them.

posted on Nov, 16 2015 @ 02:06 PM
link   
anonymous lost a lot of cred with their lame KKK hoax leak. Have they ever come out with anything legitimate?

posted on Nov, 16 2015 @ 02:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: InverseLookingGlass

That release is state sponsored propaganda. The narrative is so thick you can taste it.
ISIS is US/Saudi/Israel.

France recently announced it would not sign the TPP and it was leaning towards a full recognition of the Palestinian state.

Besides, you can't deny the single French aircraft carrier was put in position to attack Syria before the Paris Op.

There are conspiracies will scant circumstantial evidence. This isn't one of them.
yeah plenty of motive to do this to france, and making them close their borders puts them into the support endless war on terror mode. Previously they had had enough of it.

posted on Nov, 16 2015 @ 04:53 PM
link   
Is this the official thread? I wanna be updated on the attacks they claim... i was waiting for more of a declaration from An and well, they did it lol

posted on Nov, 16 2015 @ 08:33 PM
link   
Probably the closest ISIS will get to 72 virgins.

posted on Nov, 16 2015 @ 11:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: HorusChrist
anonymous lost a lot of cred with their lame KKK hoax leak. Have they ever come out with anything legitimate?

They released the real list about a week after the hoaxers put out the fake leak. There were no famous people on the real list, so it didn't get much media attention.

new topics

top topics

join