It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Could France use its Nuclear Arsenal as Payback ?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 16 2015 @ 02:23 PM
link   
a reply to: mazzroth

I really, really doubt it.

posted on Nov, 16 2015 @ 04:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: victor7
Have a bad feeling about events in Syria.

US will have to accept Assad the "much better" of two evils. Example: Egypt is now quiet and peaceful with Army back in power and a new and younger Mubarak in the leadership.

Seems no alternative in Arab for a secular dictatorship.

A traditional monarchy, even if externally propped up, seems usually better, with exception of Saudis. E.g. Oman, UAE, Jordan, Morocco. And previously Iraq and Iran before they were overthrown.

And actually the origin of the Arab Spring, Tunisia, seems to be generally doing OK. All will have terrorists of course, but all aren't vortexes of them.

posted on Nov, 16 2015 @ 05:35 PM
link   
a reply to: aorAki

No, I am not preaching genocide.

A singular use of a Nuke is not a Genocide, it is an example.

The reality is wars do not stop until the population stops them from within, we have not actually "won" a war since WW2 and that is because we do not affect "population" any more, there is no reason for a populace to make a war stop unless the populace faces death.

If you kill only soldiers the people just keep making more. Hiroshima and Nagasaki stopped the war because it "came home" in a very frightening way, they did not "genocide" the Japanese to do it and certainly I have no bias against people for being Arabic which is fundamentally different than having an Intolerant religion.

I simply said Bomb one place for real, not call in the attack via cell phone let everyone run and waste 15 Billion dollars on a Bomb that just stirs up a hornets nest and accomplishes NOTHING in regards to deterring an enemy.

posted on Nov, 16 2015 @ 07:37 PM
link   
a reply to: criticalhit

The reality is wars do not stop until the population stops them from within

There are many other ways of stopping population from within and nukes are a "very moron" category of choice.

France has located 5000 files of suspected extremist. Even if 500 of these are deported right away along with their immediate families, the message will get through.

You are talking using nukes as easy as flipping burgers...........pathetic !!

Also have US and West stop poking their noses in the Islamic countries and destroying them via civil wars and regime change adventures. This alone will have tremendous effect on ME nations. Nose poking has destroyed two countries already, Iraq and Syria and more than a million killed................NUKES USED IN A SLOW MOTION, I GUESS ?

posted on Nov, 16 2015 @ 07:48 PM
link   
In short, the answer is no.

The Technical answer is this: No, due to the treaty that France Signed. And if it did use a nuclear weapon, then Syria, would have all right to retaliate in kind against France. While Syria does not have a nuclear weapons, its good friend and ally does and something tells me that they would use such as provocation to do just that.

posted on Nov, 16 2015 @ 09:12 PM
link   

nukes wont solve this problem in the slightest. who we gonna nuke assad? isis is in syia but not all syrians are isis so that seems like over kill. you would take the kurds and various rebel groups out with it too not a good thing to nuke your allies,the russias may have a problem with their only overseas naval base getting glassed too. id have to assume assad would be pretty peeved as well

well isis is in iraq you gonna nuke them? that would make even less sense i could go on but i think a picture would sum it up better

www.newsweek.com...
should be a link to the guys map in the article showing exactly how many factions and how spread out isis is in the middle east

better link to map pietervanostaeyen.wordpress.com...

TLDR no nukes wont solve a damn thing with this situation

posted on Nov, 16 2015 @ 09:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: penroc3

i would say low yield tactical nukes and thermobarics would be enough to make people think twice.

what ever they chose to do they need to do it quickly, cant let a situations emotion go to waste now.

ISIS isn't a normal fighting force the only thing the will heed to is overwhelming power. Tell the people in the strike areas to move out or be counted with the enemy or tell us where they are.

fairly close to the idea I shared the other day on another thread...

give the people a 2 week notice that Dabiq Syria (sort of close to Aleppo) will be made into a radioactive crater on a certain date.

Dabiq, Syria because the town holds a special significance to Islam end-times eschatology....

...Now that it has taken Dabiq, the Islamic State awaits the arrival of an enemy army there, whose defeat will initiate the countdown to the apocalypse. Western media frequently miss references to Dabiq in the Islamic State’s videos, and focus instead on lurid scenes of beheading. “Here we are, burying the first American crusader in Dabiq, eagerly waiting for the remainder of your armies to arrive,

The Prophetic narration that foretells the Dabiq battle refers to the enemy as Rome. Who “Rome” is, now that the pope has no army, remains a matter of debate. But Cerantonio makes a case that Rome meant the Eastern Roman empire, which had its capital in what is now Istanbul. We should think of Rome as the Republic of Turkey—the same republic that ended the last self-identified caliphate, 90 years ago. Other Islamic State sources suggest that Rome might mean any infidel army, and the Americans will do nicely

After its battle in Dabiq, Cerantonio said, the caliphate will expand and sack Istanbul. Some believe it will then cover the entire Earth, but Cerantonio suggested its tide may never reach beyond the Bosporus. An anti-Messiah, known in Muslim apocalyptic literature as Dajjal, will come from the Khorasan region of eastern Iran and kill a vast number of the caliphate’s fighters, until just 5,000 remain, cornered in Jerusalem.

Just as Dajjal prepares to finish them off, Jesus—the second-most-revered prophet in Islam—will return to Earth, spear Dajjal, and lead the Muslims to victory.
“Only God knows” whether the Islamic State’s armies are the ones foretold, Cerantonio said. ....

Dabiq is on one hand to be where the Infidels are burnt-up by the Caliphate...but IF Dabiq is completely taken away, then the whole eschatology of the Jihadists of IS/ISIS will be of no concern as it will be physically impossible to happen as spoken of in the Hadiths of Islam... take away their ability to be Martyrs by nuking their prophecy out of existence...

now this is a tactical objective not just a nihilistic genocide action... the Earth will rejoice that Dabiq was being evaporated

posted on Nov, 16 2015 @ 09:38 PM
link   
Think about it from this perspective, France does nothing ? ISIS will garner more hubris than ever and disenfranchised islamic kids will think if I join ISIS we can do what ever we want with impunity ! "I Need to Join them" !

France needs to be politically decisive and strike back in a spectacular way that says to ISIS/L touch us and we will bring on more of this ( Mega Death to your Creed ) or do very little and say "We are Weak do as you like to us".

Its a pretty simple position.
edit on 16-11-2015 by mazzroth because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 16 2015 @ 09:41 PM
link   
a reply to: St Udio

Very Pertinent Post St Udio, take away their prophecy and for ever shame them.

posted on Nov, 16 2015 @ 10:05 PM
link   
To the OP: Ummmm NO. Its France. The 20 bombs they dropped will be the swansong. Nukes? LMAO!!! Are you 15 years old? This is France you are talking about. The only other country weaker than them right now is the US (under Obama).

posted on Nov, 16 2015 @ 11:10 PM
link   
Those who are recommending nukes should watch this video of Barrel Bomb that Assad's forces dropped.

www.youtube.com...

Like a clip from a horror movie.

Evil are those commit such crimes, but equally Evil are those who stand by and watch and do nothing.

But what can we do? may be give donation to some charity for Syrian people and refugees.

posted on Nov, 16 2015 @ 11:40 PM
link   

France has Military airports, where the pilots sit in nuclear capable aircraft, during a full shift , then another pilot sits for another full shift, ready to take of at a seconds notice, all 24/7.This is no secret, in fact if your in the know you can go and chat to the pilots . I just hope everyone keeps their heads.

posted on Nov, 17 2015 @ 01:44 AM
link   
Let's say France does something so incredibly stupid as this.

They've totally annihilated one, two, maybe three cities. Several hundred thousand people dead. At least as many injured/poisoned. Then we have the radioactive fall out, where does that go? Why it heads towards countries that aren't even involved. Then will come the panic stricken refugees...you think it's bad now??? You ain't seen nothin' yet. Not thousands, it'll be hundreds of thousands, possibly even millions. Trying to get away from the radiation.

Among those folks will be very angry people. Enraged not at just France, but all of Europe. All of North America. All of Asia. Angry at the entire world.

It would be a bloodbath of Brobdingnagian proportions. How many would eventually die in Europe? Because, hey, you've let the genie out of the bottle in a big way...you think those angry vengeful folks would hesitate to use a dirty bomb? Or a bug? Chemical?

Syria gets nuked. Or three cities...whatever. Care to guess where the vengeful folks are going to come from?

Saudi Arabia. Jordan. Egypt. Yemen. Morocco. Libya. France. Germany. Canada. The United States. China. India. Pakistan. Afghanistan. Brunei. United Arab Emirate. Iran. Iraq. Kurdistan. Turkey. Italy.

Gonna nuke 'em all when eventually those folks kill a bunch of people?

Hunt them down, where ever they may hide, and kill them. Or capture them, slap 'em in jail for the rest of their lives. That's the only strategy that has any chance at all of working, and keeping the bloodshed to a minimum.

Yeah, let's turn several hundred thousand people into martyrs...that'll be constructive.

posted on Nov, 17 2015 @ 08:18 AM
link   
a reply to: criticalhit

You are stupid and ignorant and think that the fairy tale of history you learnt is the reality. Nukes weren't necessary in Japan to end the war, they were used to show the rest of the world (and in particular soviet Russia) the military power of the USA.

It's because of morons like you that justify GENOCIDE regardless if it's done with nukes or orange gas or napalm or b-52 that the current elite of psycho is where it is and as strong as it can.

France has illegaly bombed another sovereign country in reaction to a false flag that they either blindly let happen or actively participated in. But you are not just ok with it, you are even saying they had to use nukes to scare people who aren't raiding our cities because of religion, but because they are #ing mercenaries or desperate or total idiots, drugged with captagon and hashish and organized by western intelligence.

You believe in santa and think your opinion has any value. It doesn't, and you are just supporting the real terrorists so by definition you are a terrorist aswell. Probably worse than those in power since you are ok in nuking a country which isn't responsible for ISIS.

Disgusting is not enough.
edit on 17 11 2015 by Mastronaut because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 17 2015 @ 02:46 PM
link   
I don't know if ICBM big nukes would be even practical. They are good for annihilation of whole cities/industries. It would kill many innocents, would create only more radicals and of course would create precedence when nuke was used once again giving green light for others. I don't say its not tempting to see it but only if I could turn back time soon after.

France should hit them really hard but if nuclear then maybe just precise tactical nuke.

The problem here is that you can kill the enemy but it would be a lot harder if not impossible to kill the ideology

posted on Nov, 17 2015 @ 03:58 PM
link   
a reply to: KiwiNite

France should hit them really hard but if nuclear then maybe just precise tactical nuke.

Why are you unleashing a monster by using even golf ball sized nukes. Once nukes are used it will become a norm........Not Healthy at the very least.

Btw, Pakistan the only Islamic power with nukes has graduated to tactical nukes to be placed on artillery and rocket shells. Once nukes are used on ISIS (who are Islamics btw) then do you think factions in Paki army will NOT be motivated to smuggle these "tactical nukes" from military arsenal and give them to ISIS, AQ, Nusra and others.

Hey, you used nukes on our boys and so we will also NOT spare your guys.......will be the logic of the fanatic factions in ME and other Islamic nations.

Regarding that article about eliminating the prophecy by nuking city of Debiq...........HOGWASH!!
Even if that city is removed from the face of the earth, ISIS and fanatics can create another city and name it Debiq to give that prediction continuing "value and substance". Heck, even Nostradamus prophecies fell off the target by somewhat so naming another city Debiq will keep the prophecy alive and have the fanatics working on the high mojo.

Bottomline is to alter the "rabid, intrusive and oppresive" foreign policy of the West in order to gain goodwill from ME's general populations. They in turn will take care of the fanatics and jihadists over time and hopefully in a short time.

posted on Nov, 17 2015 @ 04:09 PM
link   
Nobody is dumb enough to use a nuke. That would give ISIS a huge boost as thousands of Muslims, most of them innocents kept under ISIS boot were incinerated. You would have calls for Jihad across the Muslim world. The rest of the world would turn against France. Frances best option is to remain a part of the coalition that is slowly but, surely defeating ISIS. Heck even Russia has now begun to focus on ISIS. The slow unrelenting advance against ISIS is the only sure way to defeat them.

posted on Nov, 17 2015 @ 05:07 PM
link   
terrorism will never stop until something drastic happens. A change in ideaology isn't likely, unless the superpowers of the world agree to stop doing business with religious governments. Religious governments must cease in order to unchain the ideas that imprison their peoples, which would hopefully change those peoples worldview of the west and progressive countries. Short of that, we either have to learn to live with terrorism or end it in dramatic fashion. It's the sad truth. It needs to end one way or another and soon.

posted on Nov, 17 2015 @ 10:10 PM
link   
That is dumb, it is a forbidden weapon by the United Nations. I do not see that happening with the French. But, a False flag can. You have an entire coalition in Syria. Why would they blind or irradiated their own soldiers/civilians there.
edit on 17-11-2015 by makemap because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 17 2015 @ 10:16 PM
link   
The ONLY thing dropping a nuke anywhere will ever accomplish would be to galvanize both who's left in the target region & those in the far-flung countries to lay unbridled siege to Europe as a whole in retaliation. It will solve nothing, but it will certainly be a catalyst for mass retribution attacks. In plain English, shooting oneself in the foot applies.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join