It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Could France use its Nuclear Arsenal as Payback ?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 16 2015 @ 04:54 AM
link   
Looking at the middle east on a map, all the power blocks, fiefdoms, countries, deserts, mountains, rivers, it would take two million western troops to sort it all out and police the area, just cannot be done, cost, manpower, and the will, are just not there. Look at the troops used in north Africa 1941 to 1943. Now every Arab has an AK.

posted on Nov, 16 2015 @ 04:56 AM
link   
a reply to: Metallicus

I absolutely and entirely agree with your entire post.

You have hit the nail on the head there, with total precision.

posted on Nov, 16 2015 @ 05:00 AM
link   
The French are a passionate people. Passionate in love, passionate in anger, and passionate in a lust for blood. Remember the use of the Guillotine during the revolution. If history serves French justice can be quite harsh.

I don't think France is ready to go nuclear at this time, but any kind of a WMD strike on French soil would probably bring about nuclear retaliation.

posted on Nov, 16 2015 @ 06:40 AM
link   
a reply to: Metallicus

When they were used by the US we didn't fully understand their impact. Now that we do there is simply no excuse for them to be used...ever.

The impact was known and understood they where not test missles. They where new toys and peeps wanted to use them. Japan was already trying to negotiate its surrender when these weapons where used

posted on Nov, 16 2015 @ 07:36 AM
link   
I think no matter what they do a nuclear retaliation would be a little bit much.

Also ISIS do not yet control Damascus so even if they were to use it i doubt Damascus would be the target.

I cannot imagine any scenario in which France would unleash its nukes unless a nuke was to go of in the middle of Paris which is highly unlikely.

posted on Nov, 16 2015 @ 08:44 AM
link   
a reply to: mazzroth

Nuke a whole city of more than a million for 120 odd killed?

Did you drink a MORONIC brand coffee in the morning or something?

posted on Nov, 16 2015 @ 08:45 AM
link   

Ants scatter in all direction? Nukes are pointless....how many, where, in which country?

People use the nuke idea as though one or twenty would do any good. It wouldn't. Don't people get it that they aren't in one place but many and in different countries...using the "nuke 'em" idea is pretty immature in basis, understanding, actuality etc...

Nuking isn't any answer...wouldn't get them all, all places, nor make a difference. Nukes arent even an option against ants scattered around the world.

This isn't a video game.....

posted on Nov, 16 2015 @ 08:49 AM
link   
a reply to: Nickn3

True. But they are also known as a bunch of Surrender Monkeys.

posted on Nov, 16 2015 @ 11:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: mysterioustranger

Ants scatter in all direction? Nukes are pointless....how many, where, in which country?

People use the nuke idea as though one or twenty would do any good. It wouldn't. Don't people get it that they aren't in one place but many and in different countries...using the "nuke 'em" idea is pretty immature in basis, understanding, actuality etc...

Nuking isn't any answer...wouldn't get them all, all places, nor make a difference. Nukes arent even an option against ants scattered around the world.

This isn't a video game.....

Not to mention the enormous number of civilians who would be killed. How can people claim they're against ISIS killing civilians then turn around and advocate nuclear attacks that are guaranteed to kill civilians?

That just let's me know they don't really care about innocent civilians being murdered. They just don't want their innocent civilians to be murdered. They don't care about the other innocent people in the world.

posted on Nov, 16 2015 @ 11:30 AM
link   
The only solution is a Nuke.

Everybody keeps droning on and n about the results the condemnation and all sorts of nonsense of "why we can't"

Please stop the stupidity everybody, the only real condemnation of the USA for example comes from leaders of 3rd world countries and the politically ultra left which traditionally are teenagers or adults that wish to remain teenagers.

The people we used the bombs on the one time we did are our strongest allies the nation I most enjoy visiting AND unlike these "humane" wars... Japan is the no 3 economy in the world and Iraq became a cess pool because we never defeated the enemy.

They aren't condemning us... a bunch of sissies in our own nation who can't get through College without some "Cause" or another to identify with are condemning us but not Japan lol, That ugly prick Qaddafi used to like to mention this lol, but not Japan.

True story...

America took over a Continent entirely... No one messed with us

America Nuked Japan we didn't suffer "condemnation" and no one went near us for real through the entire cold war the Russians even backed down in the Cuban Missile crisis and then again to Reagan.

Now...

The immigration, the terrorism... no one is afraid, they are invading Europe lol. Why? They see us as a bunch of weak fruit cakes, laugh their butts off at how silly we are to let them near our women, scream about breeding us out of existence, attack without fear...

We went to war in Iraq, bombed buildings and called in to cell phones telling our enemies to "get out" so no one dies

They aren't scared lol, we wont freakin kill people even anymore

NUKE SYRIA... Refugees do NOT come after a Nuke they are melted to the sofa, there will NOT be a backlash, condemnation would equal what? Merkel crying on stage and throwing down a french flag? lol. Nuke them, then beat the living crap out of them in European streets, burn their Halal meat stores, slap them in the face with cold wet Bacon then beat them with sticks.

That's how we came to be world leaders. Not being afraid to pimp slap barbarians.

No one said smack about it. No one would say a damn thing to France in any way that mattered it would be 50 years before they stopped crapping their robes.

posted on Nov, 16 2015 @ 11:47 AM
link   
Speaking as a Brit, if France wants to nuke one of the more important IS controlled cities, I say good luck to them. They have my full support.

It could actually be a good way to destroy IS once and for all.
If the penalty for supporting these filth is known to be a horrible death in nuclear fire, then no one is going to let them just walk into their city. They'll fight tooth and nail.

IS will be left in the desert.

posted on Nov, 16 2015 @ 11:54 AM
link   
a reply to: SprocketUK

True they will have no refuge any where in the world if people know they might be obliterated for harboring them, they will sure fight a lot harder to keep them out.

posted on Nov, 16 2015 @ 12:05 PM
link   

No, an attack is not aimed at the Syrian population so just bombing a city, especially with a nuclear bomb is out of the question.
Any retaliation will be done with precise coordination at specific targets within the caliphate.

posted on Nov, 16 2015 @ 12:19 PM
link   
Have a bad feeling about events in Syria.

US will have to accept Assad the "much better" of two evils. Example: Egypt is now quiet and peaceful with Army back in power and a new and younger Mubarak in the leadership.

Seems no alternative in Arab for a secular dictatorship.

If fundamentalist take to power in Syria then they will spread out in Jordan, Kuwait etc. and soon pick fight with Israel. There is very little difference between ISIS, FSA and Nusra etc.

If this Islamic Caliphiate is formed and they all fight Israel then use of nukes from both sides, by Israel and Caliphiate using Paki nukes (given to Saudi or smuggled to ISIS illegally) will become a common CNN headline for few weeks until 10s of millions of common innocent people are killed and ME rendered inhabitable for decades.

Talk about nuclear tsunami giving rise to a refugee tsunami into Europe.

Time for DC, London and Brussels to step back and redraw a ME picture similar to that before 2010.

posted on Nov, 16 2015 @ 12:27 PM
link   

i would say low yield tactical nukes and thermobarics would be enough to make people think twice.

what ever they chose to do they need to do it quickly, cant let a situations emotion go to waste now.

ISIS isn't a normal fighting force the only thing the will heed to is overwhelming power. Tell the people in the strike areas to move out or be counted with the enemy or tell us where they are.

posted on Nov, 16 2015 @ 12:30 PM
link   
a reply to: SprocketUKNuclear weapons wouldn't really be a good idea . It would not destroy IS as they are also in Iraq. You cannot just nuke everywhere ISIS sets up. The whole world would become radioactive in no time, apart from maybe South America.

Funnily enough the British did use a form of nuclear weapon along with the Americans in the 2003 war. They had bombs which use radioactive waste instead of explosive. Many people in Fallujah were bombed with this crap they have deformed babies all the time.

Finally as Mr Putin mentioned at the G20 summit 40 countries around the world support ISIS in one way or another. Wonder who they are? One of them is America.

posted on Nov, 16 2015 @ 12:32 PM
link   
a reply to: criticalhit

You disgust me.

posted on Nov, 16 2015 @ 12:33 PM
link   
a reply to: ispyed

you guys do know there have been 1000's of high yield above ground tests and we are still all here. as far as i know Hiroshima and Nagasaki are currently populated cities.

posted on Nov, 16 2015 @ 01:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: aorAki

You disgust me.

I Love you.

Hopefully you will wake up and realize that much of the world hasn't gotten past "dehumanizing" what they see as their enemy.

You value the lives of whom I speak about going to war with.

The majority see you as decadent filth not going to an after life and therefore okay to dispatch to hell, rape use as a breeder if female, you are less than Cattle. Get over your sanctimonious fiction based ideals.

There is a theme in science fiction in which a society becomes "perfect" in peace and harmony and always it is then over run by the "turd orcs" from planet 9 or some such thing and needs to be rescued or avenged... it's not in my schedule to need rescuing or avenging.

posted on Nov, 16 2015 @ 02:02 PM
link   

You're preaching genocide.
You disgust me.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join