It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Could France use its Nuclear Arsenal as Payback ?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 16 2015 @ 02:43 AM
link   
The French seem to be boiling with revenge and the 20 bombs they dropped in Syria seem to be really a small effort in retaliation, I got to thinking that if ISIS even tried to do another attack on France the Syrian Government would be blamed somehow and the French Nuke Damascus like in prophecy in the bible - Isaiah 17:1 "Damascus is taken away from being a city, and it shall be a ruinous heap" ?

Things aren't looking too good and it could be a possibility in the near future, if I were ISIS I would stay well hidden and maybe go inactive forever.

posted on Nov, 16 2015 @ 02:47 AM
link   
go for it!

posted on Nov, 16 2015 @ 02:50 AM
link   
I know this is an asshole thing to say, honestly. It really is.

But despite there importance and, historical and cultural value...

All those old buildings and domes that are supposed to be destroyed according to prophecy, as a sign of the end times..

Yeah I just want them to get destroyed already.

Once those prophecies fail.. well.. what else is there?

There I said it.

As for the OP, I don't see France being the ones to do it.

+9 more 
posted on Nov, 16 2015 @ 02:50 AM
link   
Yeah, because that won't cause more terrorists and refugees will it?

Some people just haven't been paying attention for the past 10 years have they. Continually bombing countries in the region has done little to combat terrorism only escalate it and create massive refugee problem.

I'm wondering when people's thirst for bloody revenge will be satisfied? A terrorist attack that killed over 100 needs a revenge of nuclear attack incinerating hundreds of thousands of innocent people in the process. Fear is driving people insane. Advocating the worst types of crimes ever witnessed in the 20th century as solutions. Madness
edit on 16-11-2015 by woodwardjnr because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 16 2015 @ 02:54 AM
link   
a reply to: mazzroth

You are posing the question...do you think they should ?

posted on Nov, 16 2015 @ 02:57 AM
link   

Could they? Sure..they could....but will they? Nope
Not in this century...

A2D

posted on Nov, 16 2015 @ 03:00 AM
link   
No but its almost like a free hit don't you think ? I mean the Germans couldn't do it and Britain wouldn't give a stuff really about the french being killed in an Attack so they wouldn't do it and israel wouldn't be able to get away with it because the Arab nations would retaliate big time.

Yes I think the French could do it and get away with it but they would have to do it soon before the emotion runs out of the current crisis.

The West wants Assad gone and out of the way, too bad and so sad but if I were him I would be packing my bags for the doomsday bunker.

The big issue is if they did it could they get away with it and not be punished ? I think yes at the moment they could.

posted on Nov, 16 2015 @ 03:01 AM
link   

If France nuked a city in a nation in revenge for an attack by an extremist terror network, then France would become the most dangerous, most terrifying object on the world stage, and make enemies all over the western world.

You see, using a precision guided thermobaric weapon is all very well, limited blast radius, no radiation, can at least be spun as a surgical strike against a terrorist target. But a nuke? A nuclear weapon is designed to flatten entire cities, bake everything it does not crush, and irradiate everything it does not bake. Now, if France was at war with a NATION, dropping a nuke on that nation would be a one way ticket to mutually assured destruction, but dropping a nuke on a nation because one is at war with a group who are at best occupying that region by force of arms, rather than by legitimate claim to the land?

That would be mass murder, genocidal. It cannot happen. If it is on the cards it must be stopped, and those in power who are considering such a thing need to be terminated for the good of the whole human race, the good of the people and honour of France herself.

I would expect that France is not considering any such move, because they know that even hunting terrorists with JDAMs creates more terrorists than it kills... Nuking a nation to kill criminals operating within that nation would create more terrorists in one second, than have ever lived on this planet at any one time before. It would be the single most stupid response to terrorism imaginable.

posted on Nov, 16 2015 @ 03:03 AM
link   

I think you might be underestimating the intentions and beliefs of IS. In reality, if you 'were ISIS,' you'd carry on escalating the violence and seeking to recruit more cannon fodder.

They publish a magazine and started reading it a few months ago. Instead of accepting what FOX or some other MSM portal says about IS, why not take their own words at face value? The quote below is from issue 6 and places the French as somewhat worse than Brits and Americans:

Thus, he added his name to the list of Muslims who answered the Khilāfah’s call to strike those waging war against the Islamic State wherever they may be, as conveyed by its spokesman, Shaykh Abū Muhammad al-‘Adnānī. “If you can kill a disbelieving American or European – especially the spiteful and filthy French – or an Australian, or a Canadian, or any other disbeliever from the disbelievers waging war, including the citizens of the countries that entered into a coalition against the Islamic State, then rely upon Allah, and kill him in any manner or way however it may be. Do not ask for anyone’s advice and do not seek anyone’s verdict” [Indeed Your Lord Is Ever Watchful].

What you see there is a reason why the IS hit Paris again and why France is in a very difficult political position. If you read it carefully, it's also a green light for any IS 'soldier' to kill anyone, of any age, in any nation at any time. They sound like a scorned wife in the way they describe the French.

posted on Nov, 16 2015 @ 03:04 AM
link   
Use a nuclear bomb on a sovereign nation, that had nothing to do with those attacks? Are you mad?

Given that sort of thinking, maybe David Cameron should call for a nuclear strike on Calais to halt the illegals once and for all. Maybe Obummer could call for a nuclear strike on Luton, given it's high Muslim population and it likely being a hotbed of radicalism?

What a ridiculous thread!

posted on Nov, 16 2015 @ 03:05 AM
link   
a reply to: Kandinsky

Interesting bit about the magazine. Do you have a link?

Thanks in advance.

posted on Nov, 16 2015 @ 03:16 AM
link   
a reply to: WakeUpBeer

It's called Dabiq and it'll google. I don't want to directly link to what's essentially propaganda to kill us all.

posted on Nov, 16 2015 @ 03:17 AM
link   
a reply to: Kandinsky

Thank you. And, understandable.

Edit:

I'm probably on another list now for Googling that and reading some.

edit on 11-16-2015 by WakeUpBeer because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 16 2015 @ 03:22 AM
link   

They did the nuclear tests in South Pacific Ocean. They didn't care about anyone else then, what makes you think they would give a damn about dropping a nuke wherever they want to. I just watched the worst lie of my life on tele. Those that bang the drum about Liberty are the same that enslave us.
edit on 16/11/2015 by NJE777 because: Voice ap

posted on Nov, 16 2015 @ 03:25 AM
link   
a reply to: NJE777

I was just wondering if you could clear up exactly what you meant by that post there... I could not understand what you were getting at.

Thanks.

ETA:

Those speaking of liberty while laying chains about the throats of their people, removing those liberties to protect us? Yes, those people need to get out of our way, and out of our governments.
edit on 16-11-2015 by TrueBrit because: Added response after clarification from poster to whom I was responding.

posted on Nov, 16 2015 @ 03:32 AM
link   

It is not a payback, it is deceit.

posted on Nov, 16 2015 @ 03:37 AM
link   

An emotional response to the horror that took place in Paris would be a huge mistake. If France used a nuclear weapon it would damage their international image for decades or even more. Nuclear weapons should NEVER be used by any country on Earth. They are just too horrible and messy to ever bee used.

When they were used by the US we didn't fully understand their impact. Now that we do there is simply no excuse for them to be used...ever.

posted on Nov, 16 2015 @ 03:39 AM
link   
Oh goodness! No. Just....No.

That would be the stupidest thing in the world for them to do.

Geezus. We are inflitrated and infected with thousands of terrorist sleeper cells already, and with huge muslim population coming from many different arab speaking countries, it would cause a tidal wave within France.
It would be suicide of a nation.

posted on Nov, 16 2015 @ 03:45 AM
link   
a reply to: Metallicus

I am not of the opinion it is an emotional response, as usual it is a strategy. Fr have been the silent partner in all the famous wars.

posted on Nov, 16 2015 @ 03:45 AM
link   
a reply to: Metallicus

I am not of the opinion it is an emotional response, as usual it is a strategy. Fr have been the silent partner in all the famous wars.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join