It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What if ISIS had blown the Animas River mine water traps and not EPA

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 15 2015 @ 10:58 PM
link   
As many ATS threads have outlined the EPA handling of the contaminated waters from mines near the Animas River The EPA clearly botched the job of handling that situation to say the least. I am wondering what the government response would have been had a terrorist organization such as ISIS instead been the responsible party in the incident?

Can you imaging the 24/7 reporting had that been the case. The deep analysis on how this tragedy could have happened on US soil. Questions asking where had the explosives used in this tragic incident been procured would be asked. New laws proposed to prevent future tragedy.

Of course that is not what happened. The EPA did this and was solely responsible for wide spread environmental ruin throughout the region. As a result this incident has barely been reported in the MSM. No widespread calls for changes in law to prevent future tragedies were made. The US is run by fools but the terror they cause because of this is no joke.

posted on Nov, 15 2015 @ 11:19 PM
link   
Now your just giving them ideas.
I do not know what you are talking about so I shall now turn to uncle Google to find out about the animas river tragedy.

posted on Nov, 15 2015 @ 11:26 PM
link   
First read of your title my initial thought was this : "Do you not believe that the government is capable of messing up and doing horrible things?"; but having read your OP I'd say that well obviously there would have been more coverage. Think of it this way. Would you want the media, as the government, to make a large issue of a government blunder? Terrorism furthers the goals of the government allowing the government to reduce our rights and privacy while increasing war funding, but a blunder, well that would be a detriment to the government.

posted on Nov, 15 2015 @ 11:31 PM
link   
The US government can never do bad..

I mean they own the land in the first place so they can do as they please to it right? Also, it gives a great reason for people to start buying bottled water from Walmart. Guess they knew that people would rather buy contaminated bottled water from sacremento than drink out of their river for a much less cost.

But had ISIS done it, I'm sure the government would stick their heads in the sand and blame it on the EPA anyway, because a terrorist attack on US soil is unthinkable.

posted on Nov, 15 2015 @ 11:43 PM
link   
I will tell what i get from all this ...Obama would be happy he no longer gets blamed for everything that happens its now Islam,there is a thread on some weaponry stolen from a military base and the very first response alludes to Islam...you just cant make this stuff up...

If terrorists had managed to do this they would be parroting it as far and wide as they could,these people deal in fear and work in the shadows.....

posted on Nov, 16 2015 @ 12:02 AM
link   
a reply to: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

had not seen the news you speak of regarding weapons being stolen. Please link it in as I would like to know more.

posted on Nov, 16 2015 @ 12:16 AM
link   
a reply to: machineintelligence

www.abovetopsecret.com...
edit on 16-11-2015 by hopenotfeariswhatweneed because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 16 2015 @ 01:40 AM
link   

Killing animals?

posted on Nov, 16 2015 @ 01:49 AM
link   

don't give them any

edit on 16-11-2015 by rukia because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 16 2015 @ 01:51 AM
link   
A few Mark 84's should be dropped on EPA central. That is what we should do. Maybe we need to change the signage on the EPA's HQ to reflect the terrorist acts they have done.

posted on Nov, 20 2015 @ 07:39 PM
link   

I think it's remarkable at best that a group driven to destroy human life, would go so far out of their way wasting resources, time and effort to destroy an environment so far from their target audience.

Good try though.

top topics

join