It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Commercial Pilot Describes Maine Rectangle UFO

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 15 2015 @ 11:45 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage

Groucho Marx. One of my all time favorites.

posted on Nov, 15 2015 @ 11:46 PM
link   
a reply to: Cosmic911

Excerpt: ""The witness continues, “I have many hours flying in such aircraft in the Air Force with over 400 in the last of the B29’s.""

I think the witness may be E.T.. He said he has "many hours flying in such (alien) aircraft" in the Air Force.

posted on Nov, 15 2015 @ 11:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phage
a reply to: abe froman

Thank you, very much, for the compliment.

Who was it who said something about "any club that would have me as a member...?"

"I don't care to belong to any club that will have me as a member" [and variations] --- Groucho Marx.

posted on Nov, 16 2015 @ 12:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: Cosmic911
They were able to visualize an object the size of pencil eraser at 800 to 1000 AGL?

I assumed they were talking about the perspective-based appearance of the size and not the actual estimated size.

posted on Nov, 16 2015 @ 12:19 AM
link   
a reply to: Abysha
Probably.
But that in itself presents a problem. How could the altitude of the object be estimated without knowing; a) its actual size and/or b) its distance?

edit on 11/16/2015 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 16 2015 @ 01:40 AM
link   
Amazing story, they should place dash cams in commercial planes these days..

posted on Nov, 16 2015 @ 01:47 AM
link   
a reply to: 0bserver1

How well did you read it?
He wasn't in a plane. Commercial or otherwise.

edit on 11/16/2015 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 16 2015 @ 01:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: 0bserver1

Glance at the story again. It has nothing to do with planes.

The person even being a pilot is not a fact.

posted on Nov, 16 2015 @ 04:05 AM
link   

It sounds similar to what i witnessed last year. Here is my thread from that time.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Nov, 16 2015 @ 04:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: Phage

Yeah. I know. I read that.
With what I've seen about MUFON, being "investigated" does not amount to much of anything. Nor does being an investigator.

It must depend on the person. From my experience, they were very easy to communicate with and actually did some real investigating.

posted on Nov, 16 2015 @ 04:35 AM
link   
a reply to: IridiumFlareMadness

The problem needn't be about the quality of the investigator. We've got a lightform of unknown size and mass at an unknown distance from the witnesses.

What element of this can be investigated? I'm thinking the best 'conclusion' will tend to be 'unexplained' in reports similar to this one.

A report in Blue Book had around ten scientists seeing a flat, white rectangle descend into the car park of somewhere like Northropp or Skunkworks in the 1960s. They went on record with it. What can we investigate there? It was at close quarters in daylight. Has to be a hoax on their part or they actually saw this thing, right? The investigatory aspect is a dead end because the stimulus behind the report was no longer there.

All that was left was the testimony of men and whatever memories lingered.

posted on Nov, 16 2015 @ 05:25 AM
link   
a reply to: Kandinsky

You can investigate the witness to add or remove credibility.

posted on Nov, 16 2015 @ 05:35 AM
link   
a reply to: OccamsRazor04

Yeah I know. What I was aiming at are those reports that involve decent witnesses and reported lights and objects that just can't be investigated.

Top of my head, Zamora springs to mind. Nobody thought he was lying and what are we left with? The investigations could only go so far. Same for the ~1600 unknowns in Blue Book.

Even if investigators 100% took reports at face value, the best that could be said for some was,'Yep, you saw an object and we don't know what it was, what its purpose was or where it came from.'

posted on Nov, 16 2015 @ 05:40 AM
link   
a reply to: Kandinsky

I completely agree.

posted on Nov, 16 2015 @ 06:35 AM
link   
a reply to: Phage

Oh sorry was under the assumption that it was seen from an airplane.

Anyway they still should install dashcams. ..

a reply to: OccamsRazor04
Damn I should stop playing with that dashcam while reading a thread, then I should have known that it all was science fiction. .

edit on 0b18America/ChicagoMon, 16 Nov 2015 07:11:18 -0600vAmerica/ChicagoMon, 16 Nov 2015 07:11:18 -06001 by 0bserver1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 19 2015 @ 09:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: alldaylong

It sounds similar to what i witnessed last year. Here is my thread from that time.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Ever find out what they were? Someone noted...Meteorite light-trails can be parallel .. Possible cause? As repeatedly noted, mother nature rarely designs in straight lines. Contrary to what I just stated, there are great examples of mother nature building with straight lines, graphite being one, consisting of stacked sheets of carbon. Carbon atoms, sometimes bond themselves and other atoms in lines and planes.
edit on 19-11-2015 by Cosmic911 because: edited for content

posted on Nov, 19 2015 @ 10:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: Abysha

originally posted by: Cosmic911
They were able to visualize an object the size of pencil eraser at 800 to 1000 AGL?

I assumed they were talking about the perspective-based appearance of the size and not the actual estimated size.

I've been doing some research on perspective, since you mentioned it in your post. I've been reading quite a bit on 'forced perspective,' not entirely sure it's applicable to the thread. Forced perspective was utilized by film makers of the LOTR trilogies and Harry Potter films.

posted on Nov, 19 2015 @ 11:16 PM
link   
I think it's generalizing greatly to suggest
all MUFON investigators are terrible at their volunteer jobs.

Also, I don't believe in goblins or faries and
because of this, have never been to a goblin fairie thread
to tell believers they do not exist.
What's the point? Why would I care ?

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join