It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Commercial Pilot Describes Maine Rectangle UFO

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 15 2015 @ 09:42 PM
link   
Wednesday, November 11, 2015
Commercial Pilot Describes UFO As Pure Bright Light That Turned into Vertical Rectangles

Open minds reports that a Hampshire witness at Warner who is a commercial pilot saw a bright, pure, white light UFO that turned into two vertical rectangles, according to testimony in Case 71928 from the Mutual UFO Network (MUFON) witness reporting database.
The reporting witness and his wife were driving home from a trip to Maine and were at the top of Tory Hill on Kearsarge Mountain Road when the object was first seen at 8:05 p.m. on October 15, 2015.

“We observed a round, white light above and to our left,” the witness stated.“I’m guessing 800 to 1000 AGL. It appeared to be on an easterly heading but turned to the northeast." That's pretty darn low.

But then the object appeared to change shape. “When it did so, what first appeared as a round light the size of a pencil eraser, became two vertical rectangles side-by-side three to four times as high as wide, with a small divide between them. It also appeared to be climbing in altitude at a 5-degree angle.” They were able to visualize an object the size of pencil eraser at 800 to 1000 AGL?

The witness continues, “I have many hours flying in such aircraft in the Air Force with over 400 in the last of the B29’s. The proximity to Kearsarge Mountain in the dark would have been a foolishly low flight for anyone qualified to fly such an aircraft. I hold a commercial pilots license with flight instructors rating now retired and I can assure you the light/lights were not a conventional aircraft.”

The case was filed with MUFON on October 27, 2015, and is currently being investigated by New Hampshire MUFON Chief Investigator Valerie Schultz.

Main Rectangle UFO

posted on Nov, 15 2015 @ 10:00 PM
link   
Any information about who it is that backs up their claims of expertise?

posted on Nov, 15 2015 @ 10:04 PM
link   
a reply to: Cosmic911

After utilizing the case # and making several related google searches, I could not find any additional information regarding this sighting. The details are scant, similar to exact quotes in each article that I queried. Although I find pilots very authentic witnesses, given their obvious aviation experience and expertise, there is something amiss with this report. I guess I'm hung up on the pencil eraser sized object that was visible at "800 to 1000 AGL." Although I'm not a pilot, I spent almost 12 years working in both rotor wing and fixed wing aircraft of many types, including NVG's, and I do not believe I could call-out an object that sized at that altitude. Although I believe a heading was included by the witness, I do not recall a distance.

posted on Nov, 15 2015 @ 10:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: OccamsRazor04
Any information about who it is that backs up their claims of expertise?

If we had the witness's name I do believe we could verify certifications/hours, etc, via the FAA. I'm wondering if this type of background information will be illicited by the MUFON investigator.
edit on 15-11-2015 by Cosmic911 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 15 2015 @ 10:08 PM
link   

I'm wondering if this type of background information will be illicited by the MUFON investigator.
Yeah. But what makes you think it will be "investigated" at all.

www.mufon.com...
edit on 11/15/2015 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 15 2015 @ 10:10 PM
link   

Why ask questions you don't want to know the answers to is probably how this will play out.

posted on Nov, 15 2015 @ 10:17 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage

Per this article/website, the chief MUFON investigator from New Hampshire, Valeria Schultz, is currently 'following up.' That's all I can tell you Phage. Here's the link Maine UFO Sighting

posted on Nov, 15 2015 @ 10:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: OccamsRazor04

Why ask questions you don't want to know the answers to is probably how this will play out.

You mean the painful and disappointing answers? lol

posted on Nov, 15 2015 @ 10:23 PM
link   
I remember the 27th vividly. It was a Full Moon. Auspicious forces at work. too bad no drawing or photo.

posted on Nov, 15 2015 @ 10:23 PM
link   

Yeah. I know. I read that.
With what I've seen about MUFON, being "investigated" does not amount to much of anything. Nor does being an investigator.

posted on Nov, 15 2015 @ 10:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phage

Yeah. I know. I read that.
With what I've seen about MUFON, being "investigated" does not amount to much of anything. Nor does being an investigator.

No kidding, I'm having that exact conversation with a friend via text at this very moment. Any chance there are 'rogue' elements of the MUFON organizations to accomplish that very thing? Disinfo, counter-,etc?
edit on 15-11-2015 by Cosmic911 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 15 2015 @ 10:26 PM
link   
a reply to: trifecta

I believe there are drawings, and maps, etc, with a few of the online articles.

posted on Nov, 15 2015 @ 10:30 PM
link   

I was in a sailfishing tournament in Zihuantanejo a while back. You meet a lot of people and exchange a lot of cards at that sort of thing. It wasn't until a couple of years later, when thumbing through the cards that I found that one of my acquaintances was a "MUFON investigator." He actually had that on his card.

And he seemed so normal. Never even mentioned it in the 12 hours we were on that little boat.

Heh.

posted on Nov, 15 2015 @ 10:35 PM
link   

That's interesting. And where is Zihuantanejo? Sounds like a fascinating place. My friend's experience with MUFON was less than stellar. He felt they purposely ran some counter-interference with his case/report, whatever, I think he's a little paranoid. I thought the investigators were just lazy and uninterested in his case.

posted on Nov, 15 2015 @ 10:37 PM
link   
About 100 miles north of Acapulco.

It actually played and important part in The Shawshank Redemption.

posted on Nov, 15 2015 @ 10:39 PM
link   

No kidding. I love that movie, but haven't seen it in awhile. I'll have to refresh myself. Cool.

posted on Nov, 15 2015 @ 10:40 PM
link   

It's where they ended up.

BTW, it was a catch and release tournament.
edit on 11/15/2015 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 15 2015 @ 10:42 PM
link   

Oh, Ok. Now I want to watch it again. Good man, Phage!

posted on Nov, 15 2015 @ 11:37 PM
link   

You really don't have to do much to be a MUFON investigator besides show up.

I think you'd be a great one if they really wanted the truth.

I have a lot of respect for you, not because you're always right, but because you're always level headed and honest.

posted on Nov, 15 2015 @ 11:38 PM
link   
a reply to: abe froman

Thank you, very much, for the compliment.

Who was it who said something about "any club that would have me as a member...?"

top topics

<<   2 >>

join