It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

French retaliatory bombing of Raqqa

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 15 2015 @ 04:57 PM
link   
Well it seems that the French take revenge on Raqqa, for the attacks that took place the day before yesterday in Paris. Whether it will help is the big question, but there will be more deaths certainly.

The bombing was in retaliation for the terrorist attacks in Paris, which ISIS has claimed responsibility. In the statement issued by ISIS, said France has called the attacks on themselves by targeting goals from ISIS and to attack in Syria and Iraq.

Aircraft from the French Air Force have carried out heavy bombing in the Syrian city of Raqqa, which is considered by ISIS as the capital of the caliphate. Ten warplanes dropped twenty bombs, reports the French Ministry of Defence. According to the French they bombed a command centre, a training centre, a training camp and an ammunition depot all were hit.

Earlier today France and the United States spoke, to increase the number of air strikes on ISIS targets in Syria and Iraq. That agreement they made in the margins of the G20 summit in Turkey.

Somehow if feels wrong to do the right thing ...
edit on 0b50America/ChicagoSun, 15 Nov 2015 18:00:50 -0600vAmerica/ChicagoSun, 15 Nov 2015 18:00:50 -06001 by 0bserver1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 15 2015 @ 05:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: 0bserver1
Well it seems that the French take revenge on Raqqa, for the attacks that took place the day before yesterday in Paris. Whether it will help is the big question, but there will be more deaths certainly.

The bombing was in retaliation for the terrorist attacks in Paris, which ISIS has claimed responsibility. In the statement issued by ISIS, said France has called the attacks on themselves by targeting goals from IS and to attack in Syria and Iraq.

Aircraft from the French Air Force have carried out heavy bombing in the Syrian city of Raqqa, which is considered by IS as the capital of the caliphate. Ten warplanes dropped twenty bombs, reports the French Ministry of Defence. According to the French they bombed a command centre, a training centre, a training camp and an ammunition depot all were hit.

Earlier today France and the United States spoke, to increase the number of air strikes on IS targets in Syria and Iraq. That agreement they made in the margins of the G20 summit in Turkey.

Somehow if feels wrong to do the right thing ...

Tough position to be in. Some sort of action needed to be taken but these are the same tactics that creates these terrorist groups and supplies them with endless troops. Tbh I don't know how I'd react if my family was killed by a foreign military and chalked up as collateral damage. I might find myself fighting against them aligned with a terrorist group getting my jihad on.
edit on 15-11-2015 by Jahari because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 15 2015 @ 05:10 PM
link   
a reply to: Jahari

Tbh I don't know how I'd react if my family was killed by a foreign military and chalked up as collateral damage. I might find myself fighting against them aligned with a terrorist group getting jihad on.

I think we all would want to avenge our loved ones, war really sucks, and this won't make it better , it only soften the pain for those who are victims of this idiotic political games..
lets hope they only hit terrorists

edit on 0b25America/ChicagoSun, 15 Nov 2015 18:03:25 -0600vAmerica/ChicagoSun, 15 Nov 2015 18:03:25 -06001 by 0bserver1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 15 2015 @ 05:16 PM
link   
But I see someone has posted this before me , so discus further on this issue Here my bad I clearly wasn't looking ..
edit on 0b07America/ChicagoSun, 15 Nov 2015 17:18:07 -0600vAmerica/ChicagoSun, 15 Nov 2015 17:18:07 -06001 by 0bserver1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 15 2015 @ 05:18 PM
link   
It sends the immediate message that "we won't be intimidated by you, and if you hit us or our citizens, we'll hit you. Keep control of your underlings."

posted on Nov, 15 2015 @ 05:26 PM
link   
a reply to: stormcell
I know Its good to eradicate ISIS , if it pays off I don't know . looking at al qaida you don't hear that much from them at the moment so it will slow down if you get the head pieces of such organization and the money runs dry then it might be possible, I still hear the words from al qaida , we are not as crazy as ISIS ...

edit on 0b57America/ChicagoSun, 15 Nov 2015 17:27:57 -0600vAmerica/ChicagoSun, 15 Nov 2015 17:27:57 -06001 by 0bserver1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 15 2015 @ 05:50 PM
link   
Bomb a city (at night) out of revenge.

War never begins with reprisals, but usually ends up that way.

posted on Nov, 15 2015 @ 05:53 PM
link   

It sends the immediate message that "we won't be intimidated by you, and if you hit us or our citizens, we'll hit you. Keep control of your underlings."

The message to the Syrians in that town is what, again?

If they even know where the bombs came from and eventually discover they are being bombed for what happened in Paris, they'll just scratch their heads and wonder about the mad men running things in the West.

The nation of Syria had nothing to do with what happened.

posted on Nov, 15 2015 @ 06:17 PM
link   
Bombing Syrian cities in retaliation is also ~exactly~ what the terrorists wanted us to do.

It's about time we stopped dancing to the terrorists tune.

posted on Nov, 15 2015 @ 06:20 PM
link   
Luckily they moved the carrier Charles de Gaulle to eastern mediterrean last week... /sarc off
International laws aren't needed anymore.

posted on Nov, 15 2015 @ 06:30 PM
link   
a reply to: 0bserver1

You have to wonder if there are even any ISIS targets left in Syria. The U.S. and Russia have supposedly been bombing ISIS training camps, hide outs and recruitment centers. After all this time why would the U.S. and Russia leave any ISIS targets untouched? Maybe France should be bombing ISIS sites in Iraq and other countries where they're recruiting?

edit on 15-11-2015 by WeRpeons because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 15 2015 @ 06:30 PM
link   
Laughable

Really?

Send boots on the ground and prove you mean business, not just France but this "free civilised world" we keep hearing parroted by western leaders

posted on Nov, 15 2015 @ 06:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: Painterz
Bombing Syrian cities in retaliation is also ~exactly~ what the terrorists wanted us to do.

Terrorists?

It screams "false flag" all over it ... ISIS, we all know it's Western affiliated. 9/11 it was Al Qaida, CIA affiliated.

Of course, these "terrorists" are so dumb they go enrage the whole world so they come and bomb the middle east. Now, I wonder how does that pay for them? In dollars, or rubles?

Criminal insanity ... French are as dumb as door nails.

posted on Nov, 15 2015 @ 06:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr

The message to the Syrians in that town is what, again?

If they even know where the bombs came from and eventually discover they are being bombed for what happened in Paris, they'll just scratch their heads and wonder about the mad men running things in the West.

The nation of Syria had nothing to do with what happened.

Don' think the nation of Syria was bombed....unless you call an ISIS training center, command center and ammunition depot, the nation of Syria.

posted on Nov, 15 2015 @ 06:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: Rezlooper
Don' think the nation of Syria was bombed....unless you call an ISIS training center, command center and ammunition depot, the nation of Syria.

Did the nation of Syria ask these french idiots to go and bomb this place? No?

So, it's another "idiot" that decides they need hammer something, because they don't have a brain to analyze and think critically about the situation.

top topics

join