It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I Hate Being 'Shushed'

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 15 2015 @ 07:39 PM
link   
a reply to: Metallicus

Right there with you on this one! Nothing will tick me off faster than someone telling me to shut up. It is very rude, and utterly dismissive of someone's opinion. Unless there is some real reason, like needing instant quiet, I don't put up with it.

posted on Nov, 15 2015 @ 07:54 PM
link   
I will say shhh

As a personality I will actually say it so I don't emotionally irrationally react to you.. It means I need time out to calm it so I can respond it's a polite way of saying zip it please my brain needs to finish loading

It truly depends
I get shushed a lot too.. But mostly the person is right .. is just a reminder to calm down.. If I respect the person I will shut it or I walk of if they are out of line

Yes shhhh is a big deal in communication I think no 1 irritant for me too

I had to explain it but from my perspective it always means please give me a moment
otherwise I am just doing it to really say the line has been crossed but I would say Stop it not shut it

Sorry for the rant it does piss me of too
Or "don't raise your tone with me" when the person provoked you into being plain mad

posted on Nov, 15 2015 @ 08:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: Metallicus
a reply to: CharlieSpeirs

Ha, thanks!

Actually, I am a surprisingly nice and gracious person when you meet me. I save most of my arguments and anger for online and try to treat people with dignity and respect in my daily life.

I like a person...it's people that suck.

Hey, that might be just as good of a stress reliever as killing a deer.
Maybe I should try it instead of punning people.

posted on Nov, 16 2015 @ 01:59 PM
link   

posted on Nov, 17 2015 @ 10:10 AM
link   
a reply to: Metallicus

It's easier said than done, but just try to ignore it or dismiss it. It's someone's attempt to assert authority over you in general or on the specific topic that you are discussing. Just let them blabber on, I guess, and then continue on--after all, isn't the ability to listen the sign of true intelligence?

posted on Nov, 17 2015 @ 10:14 AM
link   
a reply to: Bluesma

Same.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join