It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Paris attacks predicted in January cover of The Economist

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 15 2015 @ 03:13 PM
link   
All credit for this information goes to VigilantCitizen and this article they posted yesterday.

Here is an image of the January cover the The Economist. There are many things in this photo which will stand out, and many things which won't, but as described in the article there is something disturbing being shown in this art.

Looking at the bottom right hand corner, we see this image:

As the author described:

First, the painting next to the arrows is Leonardo Da Vinci’s La Belle Ferronière. That painting is currently located in the Louvre, in Paris.

Second, the numbers on the two arrows are 11.5 and 11.3. The Paris attacks occurred 11/13/15. The digits on the arrows can therefore be rearranged to make up the date.

This is a bit disturbing. I cannot think of any thing else to attribute those numbers to. This is the reason I decided to make this thread. Can you come up with any other explanation for that section of the image? Especially an alternative explanation for the 11.5/11.3 numbers on arrows?

I was looking for any information on the actually arrows stuck in the ground. This is the best I would come up with so far. The yellow arrows could mean that there’s more here: a hidden detail

Another question I would like to ask and hopefully get some discussion about... Can you think of any other predictions being made in this magazine cover? Mind the mushroom cloud in the top right hand corner..

For further reference to this image, VigilantCitizen already analyzed this image when it came out in January. They proposed the numbers represented coordinates landing in Nigeria. Shortly after, there was a massacre not too far from where those coordinates landed. Of course, the coordinates weren't as close as I would prefer for a prediction.. also that doesn't explain the DaVinci painting.
edit on 15-11-2015 by OhOkYeah because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 15 2015 @ 03:16 PM
link   
I got them beat by miles, not that's such tragedy is something to be proud of.

It is almost a forgone conclusion another false flag, I mean terrorist attack, is imminent. That's what all this gin is about isn't it? # is going crazy all over the place that by tomorrow the world news agencies can report that France has succumbed to ISIS and Canada is cahooting with Iran and most wouldn't even blink.

At this point your average persona doesn't have the faintest idea the difference between the Ukranian "Civil War", MH17, ISIS, Gaza, Assad and Syria, etc, etc or what is connected to what.

Obama: American citizens I stand before you today with a heavy heart for the losses. It was the Ukranian seperatists who did this. The world must know of our resolve and commitment to our own determination. The Ukranian seperatists have made the first move so I have asked congress to authorize the funding for a campaign against Syria. Assad will find out soon enough what lies at the end of this sword.

Citizens: *blink* *blink* Yeah! USA, USA!

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Kind regards,

Soothsayer.
edit on 15-11-2015 by Rosinitiate because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 15 2015 @ 03:17 PM
link   
a reply to: OhOkYeah
I should point out that the Economist is a British magazine.
Therefore it will operate the sensible day/month/year dating convention (units in increasing order of size).
11/13/15 would be "the eleventh day of the thirteenth month", which is impossible.

"The Economist"; Let me see. I put it to you that 11.3 and 11.5 are interest rates, or growth rates, or something.

posted on Nov, 15 2015 @ 03:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: Rosinitiate

It is almost a forgone conclusion another false flag, I mean terrorist attack, is imminent. That's what all this gin is about isn't it? # is going crazy all over the place that by tomorrow the world news agencies can report that France has succumbed to ISIS and Canada is cahooting with Iran and most wouldn't even blink.

At this point your average persona doesn't have the faintest idea the difference between the Ukranian "Civil War", MH17, ISIS, Gaza, Assad and Syria, etc, etc or what is connected to what.

Obama: American citizens I stand before you today with a heavy heart for the losses. It was the Ukranian seperatists who did this. The world must know of our resolve and commitment to our own determination. The Ukranian seperatists have made the first move so I have asked congress to authorize the funding for a campaign against Syria. Assad will find out soon enough what lies at the end of this sword.

Kind regards,

Soothsayer.

Not sure I understand what that has to do with the magazine cover.

posted on Nov, 15 2015 @ 03:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: DISRAELI
I should point out that the Economist is a British magazine.
Therefore it will operate the sensible day/month/year dating convention (units in increasing order of size).
11/13/15 would be "the eleventh day of the thirteenth month", which is impossible.

"The Economist"; Let me see. I put it to you that 11.3 and 11.5 are interest rates, or growth rates, or something.

The numbers are simply rearranged so they can be arranged however you like.

11/13/15 or 13/11/15

Anything particular about interest/growth rates that would make more sense than it being a prediction of the Paris attack? Looking into it now but maybe you have something in mind.
edit on 15-11-2015 by OhOkYeah because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 15 2015 @ 03:24 PM
link   
Growth rates and interest rates are the kind of thing that would attract the attention of a magazine which has economics as its primary concern.
Take each arrow at face value, and you don't have to go through the contrived business of re-arranging the numbers.
(Articles within that edition might shed more light.)
"Sometimes a cigar is just a cigar".

edit on 15-11-2015 by DISRAELI because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 15 2015 @ 03:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: OhOkYeah

originally posted by: Rosinitiate

Kind regards,

Soothsayer.

Not sure I understand what that has to do with the magazine cover.

Well I suspect, seeing how a thread was generated a couple weeks after mine that had Nostradamus also potential predicting an attack in France.

So maybe linear time is more of a perception than a reality and sometimes without realizing it there is the unique ability to perceive things far beyond our average eye sight. Akashick records type #.

......Or maybe there has been a huge cultural divide between the Muslim population in France and that of your typical Franicsian. Maybe this has been boiling for a while and the powder keg was obvious. *shrugs*

Maybe it's all just a big co-inky-dink.
edit on 15-11-2015 by Rosinitiate because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 15 2015 @ 03:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: OhOkYeah

Anything particular about interest/growth rates that would make more sense than it being a prediction of the Paris attack?

Yeah, the fact that it would not would be predicting an attack makes more sense.

Magazine covers do not predict the future.

posted on Nov, 15 2015 @ 03:28 PM
link   

It's unemployment rates. The rate in January was 11.3%.

posted on Nov, 15 2015 @ 03:28 PM
link   

Growth rates and interest rates are the kind of thing that would attract the attention of a magazine which has economics as its primary concern.
Take each arrow at face value, and you don't have to go through the contrived business of re-arranging the numbers.
"Sometimes a cigar is just a cigar".

Sometimes.

And how does the DaVinci painting fit in? It is currently located in the same area that the attack took place.

And why would they be put on an arrow, a weapon used to attack?

posted on Nov, 15 2015 @ 03:29 PM
link   
The Stars N Stripes drumkit (Eagles of Death Metal??) in the bottom left-hand corner with the UK guitar smashed through the bass drum --- Eluding the ISIS terrorists have a UK connection maybe??

Or maybe I can make anything up to fit the picture?

posted on Nov, 15 2015 @ 03:32 PM
link   
Or again;
5+1 =6
3+1+1+1=6
We just need to find one more 6 from somewhere.

posted on Nov, 15 2015 @ 03:33 PM
link   
Did you guys miss this guy:

imgur.com...

Where's his attention? He seems lonely...
edit on 15-11-2015 by boncho because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 15 2015 @ 03:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zaphod58

It's unemployment rates. The rate in January was 11.3%.

Interesting. Source?

originally posted by: socketdude
The Stars N Stripes drumkit (Eagles of Death Metal??) in the bottom left-hand corner with the UK guitar smashed through the bass drum --- Eluding the ISIS terrorists have a UK connection maybe??

Or maybe I can make anything up to fit the picture?

Yep. You could. Or you could make a sensible explanation.

Not sure why people visit a conspiracy website if they have no intention of finding alternative explanations for events. I see attempts to "debunk" with absolutely no explanation.

posted on Nov, 15 2015 @ 03:34 PM
link   

Or again;
5+1 =6
3+1+1+1=6
We just need to find one more 6 from somewhere.

Why?

posted on Nov, 15 2015 @ 03:37 PM
link   
That one was tongue-in-cheek.
I was seeing a resemblance between this numbers game and the absurd contortions that people go through to find the number 666 in anything that strikes their fancy, so I was offering a "reductio ad absurdam".

posted on Nov, 15 2015 @ 03:39 PM
link   

www.tradingeconomics.com...

You can set the graph by date. It was 11.5% August-November of 2014, then dropped a little and was 11.3% in January.

posted on Nov, 15 2015 @ 03:40 PM
link   

I think you're clutching at straws a little bit.

posted on Nov, 15 2015 @ 03:41 PM
link   
A January article about the cover art.

Daniel Franklin says: “The arrows are taken from the graphic illustrating the story of China’s economy “The numbers to watch” and are Chinese ‘targets’. As it happens, the numbers on the graphic were adjusted in the fact-checking process after the cover went to press.”

yournewswire.com...

Daniel Franklin, btw, is the editor of Economist. So, as pointed out, the actual content of the issue may be more indicative of the "meaning" than silly speculation about shuffling numbers on the cover art.

edit on 11/15/2015 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 15 2015 @ 03:44 PM
link   
Has anyone read through the responses in this thread? The Economist New 2015 Cover! Cryptic symbolism in plain sight. Currently reading through the thread now just thought others might find it interesting that it raised eyebrows here when it first was published.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join