It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Britain underwater, thanks Obama. (aka Winter weather watch 2015)

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 17 2015 @ 02:41 PM
link   
Phage:

You Brits are awesome!

Why thank you, Phage.

That picture is not showing flooding, that is Leeds on a good Saturday afternoon. When it rains, the water rises enough to get in the beer. I know this cos' I been there with snorkel and flippers.

posted on Dec, 5 2015 @ 10:44 AM
link   
Storm Desmond is absolutely hammering us, half of West Cumbria is submerged, thousands of homes flooded, Rivers Cocker, Derwent and others have burst their banks and more to come, on the plus side, the pubs are still open tonight.

Major incident declared as Storm Desmond batters Cumbria

Storm Desmond: Flooding threat across parts of UK

Cumbria Towns Evacuated As Storm Desmond Hits

edit on 5/12/15 by woogleuk because: (no reason given)

edit on 5/12/15 by woogleuk because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 5 2015 @ 11:53 AM
link   
a reply to: woogleuk

There are reports of a bus being blown off the road in Fife, the Nith has burst its banks in Dumfries and the Rest and Be Thankful round my neck of the woods has had another landslide

The Rest

Aberfoyle

River Tweed

The wind's started to pick up here again too, I think things are going to get worse as the weekend goes on. Cumbria looks like it's taking a battering - I hope you live on a hill?

posted on Dec, 5 2015 @ 11:57 AM
link   
hopefully the whole island gets flooded

posted on Dec, 5 2015 @ 12:00 PM
link   
a reply to: lavatrance

Because...what? You don't like the whole island or something more intelligible?

posted on Dec, 5 2015 @ 12:32 PM
link   
a reply to: beansidhe

I'm on a hill, yes, others are not so fortunate, and it is high tide in half an hour, so could get worse.

The coming days are going to be interesting if this carries on.

posted on Dec, 5 2015 @ 12:32 PM
link   

Knob off you awful person, there are people homeless and in a bad situation.....just hope you never have to deal with it.

posted on Dec, 5 2015 @ 12:39 PM
link   

There should be a special font so jokes like that are identifiable. Maybe a tongue-in-cheek smilie. Otherwise members posting comments like that run the risk of looking like complete and utter #s.

I didn't realise that you and Woogle had been getting it so bad. NW England has had steady rain for days now and roads have been getting flooded. A few were closed last week and I have to say I've been enjoying it. No idea why, it's just been good to be in the rain.

Maybe this opinion would change if I was in Cumbria. Definitely.

posted on Dec, 5 2015 @ 02:06 PM
link   
a reply to: Kandinsky

There should definitely be an arse font.

I think a tongue in cheek smilie could be abused (it would need to be very carefully drawn..) Tee hee.

Yes, it's really bad here although woogle is definitely seeing the worst of it. I'm pretty sure I've lost a couple of slates because there's water pouring down my daughter's bedroom wall. Uurgh.
I love getting snowed in, it's like permission to skive. But I hate the rain/wind combination - I'm dreading seeing which plants didn't make it, and the state of the roof. In saying all that, I'm very lucky to be sitting here at the top of a hill, with a fire blazing. The Borders is getting thrashed right now, the flood damage is going to be extortionate.

NW England needs some good luck, so I'll keep my fingers crossed you miss the worst of it there.

B x

posted on Dec, 6 2015 @ 04:01 AM
link   

Our power went not long after my last post, just came back on now.

High tide killed us, the new leisure centre is ruined, and it's not even open yet...unless this was part of the plan to fill the pool!

Keswick has been evacuated and presumed lost, Cockermouth is now just the river Cocker, and apparently we haven't seen the worst of it yet.

Oh, and someones nicked the A591 into Grasmere...

edit on 6/12/15 by woogleuk because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 6 2015 @ 04:10 AM
link   

Go on then where are you from?.
You are only Jelly of our marvelous island.
edit on 6-12-2015 by boymonkey74 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 6 2015 @ 04:10 AM
link   

Jeez that looks bad. I'll be visiting Kendal College later this week which isn't as bad but doesn't look good either.

How's everyone getting to work in Keswick? Is it all closed for business? It's the one upside of all this warm weather eh? In other years you'd be under feet of snow.

ETA - woah, just saw that Grasmere pic you added. Man, I've been down that way many times. Imagine your car suddenly going for a swim? F***! Doesn't bear thinking about.
edit on 12.6.2015 by Kandinsky because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 6 2015 @ 04:11 AM
link   

Your Dog
a prepper dog!!...should be scotch though in the bottles.

It's been bad here constant pumping from the pumping station 24/7 the canal has broke it's banks and gone right over farmer toms field again.
My bin ended up down the street with 6 others and my cat isn't happy but I am new bits come fro my pc today

edit on 6-12-2015 by boymonkey74 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 6 2015 @ 04:37 AM
link   

The A66 is/was completely closed, Keswick was completely cut off as of last night. Still trying to get more info from friends out there, but haven't heard from them since yesterday.

One of my best Workington marras is living in Carlisle, he posted a vid of his street and living room completely submerged, only the tops of the sofa/chairs visible, I heard Kealey (his wife) weeping in the background, brought a lump to my throat. Going to go through in the week to help if they need me.

More rain forecast for Tue/Wed, not looking good.

This is the lake district, soon to be just the lake.

posted on Dec, 6 2015 @ 04:50 AM
link   

That's the worst nightmare - flooded home. Personal stuff as well as the gadgets...months of repairing and decorating whilst everyone washes their hands or uses 'flood plain' to avoid insurance payouts.

I'd say 'Good Luck' if it'd help

posted on Dec, 6 2015 @ 04:53 AM
link   
a reply to: Phage

I heard a story about a man who was doing his lawn with one with no shoes on and he went over his foot and it cut his big toe clean off and it flew into the air only to be caught by a passing seagul l who flew away with it lol.

posted on Dec, 6 2015 @ 05:03 AM
link   
a reply to: boymonkey74

That wouldn't surprise me, shi*ehawks would have off with your baby or small dog if you weren't watching, vile creatures!

posted on Dec, 6 2015 @ 05:15 AM
link   

Oh no, that looks awful. Look at the A591, god that's going to take months to fix.
This isn't going away, is it? Every year it's the same story, we're seeing more and more floods.

My heart goes out to Kealey, I hope those insurance gits pay up for her and that she hasn't lost anything irreplacable. Is your home ok?

posted on Dec, 6 2015 @ 05:34 AM
link   

Mine is fine thanks, I'm on a hill, so kinda lucky I guess.

They have brought in the Army to help with evac in Carlisle.

This is Ste and Kealeys living room this morning...

Glenridding to Patterdale road....

Sainsburys in Carlisle...

posted on Dec, 6 2015 @ 05:36 AM
link   

Oh my.....
Must admit though I did have to laugh at the last photo...wet floor lol.
Hope they have a decent insurance company.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join