It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Britain underwater, thanks Obama. (aka Winter weather watch 2015)

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 15 2015 @ 06:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: woogleuk
a reply to: Imagewerx

You southerners are great, a drop of rain here, or a flake of snow there and it's Armageddon! Airports shut, schools, businesses, everything grinds to a halt.

Get that up here (as seen in one of my pictures) and people don swimming trunks.

Heavy rain? You mean a light shower right?

Lol.

Apart from my boss who'd expect us all in for work on time the day after armageddon.

posted on Nov, 15 2015 @ 06:17 PM
link   
butcherguy:

Cockermouth, eh? You folks sure do have colorful place names.

Oh you think so? There is a small town up on the Orkney Islands north of Scotland called Twat. I have a mate from there and he is a real Twat! In fact, every one of them in that town is a Twat!
edit on 15/11/15 by elysiumfire because: (no reason given)

edit on 15/11/15 by elysiumfire because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 15 2015 @ 06:24 PM
link   
a reply to: elysiumfire

It's Twatt (2 x t), I've been there, for obvious reasons, lol, sorry to nitpick.

As for Cockermouth (for the previous poster who you quoted), it's a town at the mouth of the river Cocker :p

posted on Nov, 15 2015 @ 06:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: elysiumfire
butcherguy:

Cockermouth, eh? You folks sure do have colorful place names.

Oh you think so? There is a small town up on the Orkney Islands north of Scotland called Twat. I have a mate from there and he is a real Twat! In fact, every one of them in that town is a Twat!

Don't forget Back Passage in London,apparantly people who live there all like to enter via the back passage.And of course there's also Fudgepack upon Humber where they like to errrrmmmm......

posted on Nov, 15 2015 @ 06:36 PM
link   
Every time I see you guys start talking about the UK:

Cracks me up!

posted on Nov, 15 2015 @ 06:37 PM
link   
Oh come on guys... Nothing's changed there, but we Brits do like a moan

It's only going to get worst with rising seas in the coming years themes barrier project better pull there fingers out fast or bye bye London

posted on Nov, 15 2015 @ 06:38 PM
link   
a reply to: Domo1
We Americans also call those timey whimey things, a clock.

posted on Nov, 15 2015 @ 06:38 PM
link   
There's a "Minge Lane" in Upton On Severn.

posted on Nov, 15 2015 @ 06:39 PM
link   

Music festivals up here in Cumbria are a hoot (apart from the weather):

CockRock - Cockermouth rock festival
Cumfest - Cumbria live festival
Slagfest - Festival in the works on the slag banks (steelworks) in my home town of Workington

posted on Nov, 15 2015 @ 06:40 PM
link   
a reply to: Gutman
What's a minge?

posted on Nov, 15 2015 @ 06:42 PM
link   
Had tankers pumping water from the pumping station down t road for over 2 days none stop.
The field near the canal is flooded and continues to rain...

posted on Nov, 15 2015 @ 06:43 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage

A ladies naughty bits, similar word to a previously mentioned village in the Orkney Islands

posted on Nov, 15 2015 @ 06:44 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage

It's a slang term in the UK for a womans erm p u b i c hair

posted on Nov, 15 2015 @ 06:46 PM
link   

You southerners are great, a drop of rain here, or a flake of snow there and it's Armageddon! Airports shut, schools, businesses, everything grinds to a halt.

Get that up here (as seen in one of my pictures) and people don swimming trunks.

Heavy rain? You mean a light shower right?

Lol.

Well, I'm from Kent, and while the summers are mostly great, you can get very low temperatures in the winter, I don't see much change there. Here in Northern Ireland where I now live, the weather has reverted somewhat to what it was when I first came here, mild, and often wind stormy in the early winter from the Westerlies, (as it is right now) but also some very cold spells of heavy snow through January and February. However the proper Westerlies from across the Atlantic have not come back as yet, so any mildness is really winds coming from the South, stalling the cold coming down from the North on the Western side of Ireland. I don't see much talk about the Gulfstream/North Atlantic Drift anymore, but at least we had a lot more sun this year, after near tens years of grey skies throughout, including the famous layers of Undulatus Asperatus. Anyway, it's overall a change for the better, even if I do get hit by a falling tree!

posted on Nov, 15 2015 @ 06:50 PM
link   
a reply to: smurfy

Did that weekend Atlantic storm not hit you? More coming in as well through the week.

posted on Nov, 15 2015 @ 06:56 PM
link   
a reply to: boymonkey74

It's difficult to organise that up here, not enough pumps and too many rivers.

Lakes, meres, tarns and waters, and lots of them, all draining out to the Irish sea and the Solway.

I assume by your "Down t" you're Yorkshire way or above, so I imagine you are getting your fair share.

posted on Nov, 15 2015 @ 07:18 PM
link   

Did that weekend Atlantic storm not hit you? More coming in as well through the week.

Bits and bobs, but I'm South on the East coast, and I think the belt came from much lower down and hit Cumbria at a diagonal, so we missed much of it. Still, the good thing is most of the deciduous stuff is now baldy, and that wind blew most of the leaves OUT of the garden for a change...saved me a fourth day of Hoovering with the lawnmower.

posted on Nov, 15 2015 @ 07:24 PM
link   

You have a hovering lawn mower?

posted on Nov, 15 2015 @ 07:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phage

Nice looking ridge.
Anyone fly it?

I think my Bro might have, he went to the Lake District a deal of the time, and hang gliding was always on the menu.
Having said that, he went everywhere to er um, fly...even to South America..you guys are nuts.

posted on Nov, 15 2015 @ 07:37 PM
link   

If I were nuts I wouldn't be into my 42nd year of doing it.
The guys who are nuts, don't usually last very long. You know...that "old bold" thing.

But tell me more about your hovering lawnmower.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join