It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bernie Sanders: After Paris Attacks What Greatest Threat to America

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 15 2015 @ 03:26 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

Yeah, I agree, coal will not likely be replaced as the cheapest source of energy anytime soon, especially if we don't start looking for another option asap.

You linked an article?

posted on Nov, 15 2015 @ 03:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

originally posted by: ~Lucidity

He's absolutely not wrong. As a matter of fact, one could convincingly argue that a good deal of "the war on terror" is actually jockeying for resources, like water, for one, that shall be scarce very soon.

Last time I looked, the Middle East, where the vast majority of the War on Terror was taking place, is a bit arid and lacking in water resources. We aint there for the H2O.

The water pipelines are as much a part of this as the gas and oil ones. Bet on it.

link   

originally posted by: Swills

Yeah, I agree, coal will not likely be replaced as the cheapest source of energy anytime soon, especially if we don't start looking for another option asap.

I tend to fall on the optimistic side and that we, as a species, will develop new technologies, as we always do, that will be more efficient and safer to use.

You linked an article?

Back on the first page.

link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

No. Coal is the cheapest method of producing electricity. Until the alternatives become cheaper, which does not appear likely any time soon, they will continue to burn coal at an increasing rate.

Correction. Solar has already breached grid parity in several areas of the world. There is no reason to think this trend won't continue and in the near future more areas than not around the globe will have reached grid parity.

China has had experiments with alternative energy in cities in recent years. I think they'll be quick to adopt the technology as it makes more economic sense.

Grid Parity
edit on 15-11-2015 by pl3bscheese because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 15 2015 @ 03:29 PM
link   

The water pipelines are as much a part of this as the gas and oil ones. Bet on it.

What 'water pipelines'?

posted on Nov, 15 2015 @ 03:39 PM
link   

Well I'm a glass is half full kind of guy but as far as looking to a cleaner future I only have to think how fast our technology is evolving to hope it will be a reality.

posted on Nov, 15 2015 @ 03:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: pl3bscheese

Correction. Solar has already breached grid parity in several areas of the world. There is no reason to think this trend won't continue and in the near future more areas than not around the globe will have reached grid parity.

Solar generating costs per megawatt hour are still significantly higher than coal when factoring in all costs.

posted on Nov, 15 2015 @ 03:44 PM
link   

Well I'm a glass is half full kind of guy but as far as looking to a cleaner future I only have to think how fast our technology is evolving to hope it will be a reality.

Same. I think we are close to developing new technology that will provide cheap, clean energy to the planets population and allow us to move away from fossil fuels.

posted on Nov, 15 2015 @ 03:45 PM
link   

Hang on a sec I used to have a great map. But for now, start here: Caspian Sea's Part in the 'Great Game'

[Source]

This is beyond just the water the ME nations are fighting over but pipelines from where water is plentiful (for now), such as Europe and Russia to where the demand and hence money will be. This is all about the ME real estate and the gateway to the East.

posted on Nov, 15 2015 @ 03:46 PM
link   

He's absolutely not wrong. As a matter of fact, one could convincingly argue that a good deal of "the war on terror" is actually jockeying for resources, like water, for one, that shall be scarce very soon.

What the heck does the U.S. need with a puddle of water in the Middle East? That isn't even remotely the reason we are there.

posted on Nov, 15 2015 @ 03:47 PM
link   
a reply to: ~Lucidity

I am not seeing any 'water pipelines' in the links, they are only referring to natural gas and oil.

posted on Nov, 15 2015 @ 03:51 PM
link   

The links are all about water. And like I said, I'm trying to find an old map I have years ago that showed them all. It's out there if you look.

posted on Nov, 15 2015 @ 03:53 PM
link   
a reply to: Metallicus

Dude, the real estate is the key. Water is going to be a huge deal. Just as gas and oil are when the climate goes more and more whack and we need to heat and cool places that never needed that much heating and cooling, for a variety of reasons, of course, but climate change being a big one of them. Let's just leave it at that.

Bernie isn't wrong.

posted on Nov, 15 2015 @ 03:54 PM
link   

They're still working on it. The US not so much. Regardless the US not doing anything even if China and India weren't is silly, even childish. If your roof is leaking you don't just walk around your house with an umbrella thinking there's nothing you can do to stop rain.

posted on Nov, 15 2015 @ 03:55 PM
link   

a reply to: imitator

He has ties to Big Banks? Please, provide your sources because the last time I checked Sanders is leading the way in wanting reform on Wall Street and to break up the banks. He also accepts no monies from the wealthy or Super Pacs. In fact, if he becomes president he will nominate supreme court justices to over turn Citizens United.

He has ties to climate change? Again, please elaborate.

Bernie Sanders number one campaign contributions comes from Communications Workers of America

Communications Workers of America represents 740,000 workers in telecommunications, broadcasting, journalism and other fields. The union's members work for companies such as AT&T, General Electric and many of the nation's top newspapers and broadcast stations.

AT&T owns 25 percent of Time Warner Entertainment — part of the AOL Time Warner empire — while Microsoft owns a $5 billion stake in AT&T Broadband

J.P. Morgan’s bank controlled one third of America’s railways and almost 70% of the steel industry. He eventually had a stake in the major companies of the 20th century. Among them, AT&T, ITT, General Electric, General Motors

Need I say more?
edit on 15-11-2015 by imitator because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 15 2015 @ 04:01 PM
link   

From Unions to JP Morgan. So you're saying Sanders is receiving monies funneled through Unions who represent the workers and not the corporations? That's some leap of logic there but what you're really trying to do is smear Sanders. Nice try.

Union

an organized association of workers formed to protect and further their rights and interests; a labor union.

posted on Nov, 15 2015 @ 04:03 PM
link   

Dude, the real estate is the key. Water is going to be a huge deal. Just as gas and oil are when the climate goes more and more whack and we need to heat and cool places that never needed that much heating and cooling, for a variety of reasons, of course, but climate change being a big one of them. Let's just leave it at that.

Bernie isn't wrong.

We don't need the Middle East for energy or any other reasons moving forward. We need peace and to get the hell out of there and leave those people to be free. What they do with that freedom is their business.

posted on Nov, 15 2015 @ 04:05 PM
link   

From Unions to JP Morgan. So you're saying Sanders is receiving monies funneled through Unions who represent the workers and not the corporations? That's some leap of logic there but what you're really trying to do is smear Sanders. Nice try.

Union

an organized association of workers formed to protect and further their rights and interests; a labor union.

No one needs to smear the man. He is fundamentally opposed to a small, weak Federal Government and personal responsibility. He doesn't represent me or my values.

posted on Nov, 15 2015 @ 04:16 PM
link   
a reply to: Swills

You think unions represent the workers? Really?

Last I checked, it was more or less mandatory to join a union in those industries represented by them which means they have no real obligation to represent anyone because they have access to your paycheck via your dues no matter what.

They represent the bosses up top, not the man on the ground.

posted on Nov, 15 2015 @ 04:18 PM
link   

It's fine and obvious that your values are different than Bernie and his supporters. Facts are still facts and fact is that climate change is a huge problem already responsible for crises which is only going to increase both now and for several generations at least. This would be so whether it was because of man or because of nature because the global temperature keeps rising.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join