It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bernie Sanders: After Paris Attacks What Greatest Threat to America

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 15 2015 @ 01:11 PM
link   
I still don't understand how anyone can take this man seriously. Is he REALLY this out of touch with reality? I simply couldn't vote for someone as naive. I consider his response as preposterous as some people consider Dr. Ben Carson's belief in Creationism except Dr. Carson isn't using his beliefs to ignore obvious threats to America.

How do you justify this response by Bernie? Do you agree with him?

Democratic presidential candidate Bernie Sanders said Saturday night that he “absolutely” still believes global warming poses the greatest threat to America, despite the deadly terror attacks in Paris taking place just one day prior.

The Vermont senator’s comments came in response to a question at the second Democratic debate.

“In the previous debate, you said the greatest threat to national security was climate change. Do you still believe that?” the moderator asked.

“Absolutely,” he immediately answered.

Sanders argued that “climate change is directly related to the growth of terrorism.” He said many countries will soon be “struggling over limited amounts of water, limited amounts of land to grow their crops and you’re going to see all kinds of international conflict.”

Source

+30 more 
posted on Nov, 15 2015 @ 01:24 PM
link   
a reply to: Metallicus

He's not pulling that out of thin air. The US Department of Defense feels the same way.

DOD 2014 Climate Change Adaption Roadmap (PDF)

+15 more 
posted on Nov, 15 2015 @ 01:29 PM
link   

It's you that is out of touch with reality. What he said is based on scientific reports specific to the Syrian drought, which was intensified by climate change, as being what kicked off the unrest in Syria. The DoD also agrees with climate change being the biggest threat that we face.

+12 more 
posted on Nov, 15 2015 @ 01:29 PM
link   

If you think the cold war and arms race was a hoot, wait til nations start fighting for food.

+13 more 
posted on Nov, 15 2015 @ 01:30 PM
link   
It's nice to see such common sense and foresight in a politician, a little different then those politicians that are sensationalizing on the Paris attack for their own political gains.

+6 more 
posted on Nov, 15 2015 @ 01:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: Metallicus
I still don't understand how anyone can take this man seriously. Is he REALLY this out of touch with reality? I simply couldn't vote for someone as naive. I consider his response as preposterous as some people consider Dr. Ben Carson's belief in Creationism except Dr. Carson isn't using his beliefs to ignore obvious threats to America.

Democratic presidential candidate Bernie Sanders said Saturday night that he “absolutely” still believes global warming poses the greatest threat to America, despite the deadly terror attacks in Paris taking place just one day prior.

The Vermont senator’s comments came in response to a question at the second Democratic debate.

“In the previous debate, you said the greatest threat to national security was climate change. Do you still believe that?” the moderator asked.

Sanders argued that “climate change is directly related to the growth of terrorism.” He said many countries will soon be “struggling over limited amounts of water, limited amounts of land to grow their crops and you’re going to see all kinds of international conflict.”

Source

He's right.... what furking threat does terror happening half way across the globe, past a vast ocean pose to the American people? Seriously, some of you are some real attention seeking mofos.

The US could end terror by withdrawing all your BS bases scattered around the world. You have no business being there or here.

Climate change is happening, and we can stop the pissing contest over it being from humans or nature.
But I can almost guarantee you that the biggest threat to your lively hood and infrastructure will come from the elements, not a few rogue terrorists killing a couple of hundred people.

How many people have died by the hands of US soldiers or US trained soldiers this year by the way?

I'd almost say that the US poses a bigger threat to peace than IS does.

posted on Nov, 15 2015 @ 01:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: SkepticOverlord

He's not pulling that out of thin air. The US Department of Defense feels the same way.

DOD 2014 Climate Change Adaption Roadmap (PDF)

Your in a "catch22" because Geo-Engineering is NOT factored into ANY government study!

But you are the OP of Geo-Engineering is FACT!

+4 more 
posted on Nov, 15 2015 @ 01:58 PM
link   

My global studies teacher used to always say in the future there could very well be major conflicts over water, and I didn't think he was crazy for stating that so I don't think Sanders is crazy for saying it either. I do think anyone who believes the Earth is six thousand years old is a bit crazy.
edit on 15-11-2015 by Swills because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 15 2015 @ 02:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: Metallicus

Source

It's still true because terrorism only presents sporadic and micro threats to the US.

Global warming and environmental destruction, both of which are extremely well researched from multiple fields, not only threaten all people worldwide but will put increasing economic, agricultural, and social shock pressures on societies across the world, hence increasing the pressure and accelerating conflict.

Both will greatly threaten existing food systems and food security across the world. Both will affect economic stability greatly. This, in turn, will affect first the poor who are already at the margin and then as the problem grows, everybody else. The pressure will increase refugees, starvation and poverty, and wars.

You may not believe this, but this is basically what the majority of relevant experts and scholars believe.

Taken as a whole, it without any doubt is a much larger threat to all of us than random terrorism. It's also a bigger threat than any small war, excepting one that turned into a large scale world war or even worse, nuclear war.
edit on 15-11-2015 by Quetzalcoatl14 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 15 2015 @ 02:11 PM
link   
So what is Bernie's opinion on the ideal temperature for the earth and how do we maintain that?

posted on Nov, 15 2015 @ 02:17 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

The entire planet? Well, if I had my way I'd make the entire planet the same temperature as San Diego year round. Too bad it doesn't work like that though. Maybe Bernie is more interested in lowering all the blatant pollution going on world wide instead of finding that sweet spot on the thermostat.

posted on Nov, 15 2015 @ 02:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: Swills
Maybe Bernie is more interested in lowering all the blatant pollution going on world wide instead of finding that sweet spot on the thermostat.

Does he have a plan that gets the Chinese, Indians and other developing nations to follow his wishes?

+10 more 
posted on Nov, 15 2015 @ 02:21 PM
link   

He supports taking degrees from hotter days and redistributing them to the colder days, of course.

posted on Nov, 15 2015 @ 02:26 PM
link   
The only thing heating up this planet is BS from Bernie Sanders....
Bernie has ties to big banks and climate change....

posted on Nov, 15 2015 @ 02:29 PM
link   

Probably but he will begin with US. Unlike Trump, Sanders has ideas and goals, not just thoughts.

berniesanders.com...

posted on Nov, 15 2015 @ 02:29 PM
link   

He doesn't need a plan for China and India they are already working on the problem.

posted on Nov, 15 2015 @ 02:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: imitator
The only thing heating up this planet is BS from Bernie Sanders....
Bernie has ties to big banks and climate change....

Sources for that?

posted on Nov, 15 2015 @ 02:32 PM
link   
a reply to: imitator

He has ties to Big Banks? Please, provide your sources because the last time I checked Sanders is leading the way in wanting reform on Wall Street and to break up the banks. He also accepts no monies from the wealthy or Super Pacs. In fact, if he becomes president he will nominate supreme court justices to over turn Citizens United.

He has ties to climate change? Again, please elaborate.

posted on Nov, 15 2015 @ 02:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6

He supports taking degrees from hotter days and redistributing them to the colder days, of course.

Is it called the Summer Tax? And does he have a 5-year plan?

posted on Nov, 15 2015 @ 02:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kali74
He doesn't need a plan for China and India they are already working on the problem.

They have a plan, but it is not what you would like:

China Issues Permits for 155 New Coal-Powered Plants.

The Grim Promise of India's Coal-Powered Future.

They are going to tell him to stuff it since they are not on board with anything he is advocating.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join