It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'Avatar 2' news: Film pushed back again to 2017

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 15 2015 @ 12:58 PM
link   
www.christiantoday.com...
Nov. 14, 2015

It has been six years since James Cameron's "Avatar" was released...it looks like moviegoers are in for a long wait as the film, which was slated for release in December 2016, has been pushed back to 2017.

It is unclear why the movie was pushed back...it's possible that the delay is due to the fact that Cameron is still reportedly developing all new technology for the sequel.

Expectations are high for "Avatar 2" due to Cameron's revelations about the upcoming film. The director previously said that the film will be set in Pandora's ocean. Cameron said that visual effects house WETA Digital is working on underwater performance capture for underwater scenes.

"It's going to be like the Floating Mountains in the first movie," he said of the new setting of the sequel. "It's not going to be all underwater; it's going to be a place we go to, leave, and come back to."

Cameron also revealed that other Na'vi cultures will be introduced in the film, and some of them will most likely be seafaring people.

Meanwhile, Zoe Saldana and Sam Worthington are expected to reprise their roles as Neytiri and Jake Sully. According to Cinemablend, Worthington has signed a deal that will see him reprising his role for the next four years or so. Sigourney Weaver will also return as Dr. Grace Augustine, and though her character died in the first movie, it will be interesting to see how the upcoming film will tell the story of her rebirth.

posted on Nov, 15 2015 @ 01:01 PM
link   
Well...this is kind of a disappointment to say the least. After seeing the first movie like a bazillion times because it was so well done...I guess I just have to suck it up another two years. Ugh...

But hey if it is because of developing new technology to shoot underwater scenes...I am all for it. Mr. Cameron is a genius...and wants his shoots to be perfect...let's just hope it all works out for another block buster series.

Btw...rumour has it there will also be a fourth installment as well

posted on Nov, 15 2015 @ 01:16 PM
link   
I will not be watching that movie until it's free. Hopefully never.

posted on Nov, 15 2015 @ 01:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bluntone22

Maybe it was pushed back to give them time to add additional sanctimony so it rivals the first picture's droll underlying message.

posted on Nov, 15 2015 @ 02:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

originally posted by: Bluntone22

Maybe it was pushed back to give them time to add additional sanctimony so it rivals the first picture's droll underlying message.

Could be.
Maybe they are waiting for dances with wolves two to come out so they can copy the story again...lol

posted on Nov, 15 2015 @ 05:26 PM
link   
Maybe JAMES CAMERON can't find enough Unobtanium to power his super 3D cameras? His name is JAMES CAMERON.

posted on Nov, 15 2015 @ 06:34 PM
link   
I absolutely loved the first Avatar movie and can't wait to see the next one!!!!

posted on Nov, 15 2015 @ 07:30 PM
link   
Part of the delay is technical development. The other part, is that the rest of the sequels are all being shot at once. One actor getting fired can lead to weeks of re-shoots and months of re-editing/compositing.........

top topics

join