It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iraqi Intelligence warned coalition of impending attack; also, MSM questions official story?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 15 2015 @ 12:22 PM
link   
CTV is reporting that Iraqi intelligence warned multiple coalition countries of an impending attack, including France being a specific target. A memo sent out, and signed by multiple Iraqi generals, stated that they had hard intelligence of an imminent threat and that France was being specifically targeted. The catch? The memo was sent the day before the attack. That doesn't leave a ton of time to act on things, in my opinion.

www.ctvnews.ca...

In other news - ISIS has claimed that there's an 8th attacker still on the loose. While doing my normal morning routine I had MSNBC on this morning, and both the anchor and on-scene reporter were talking about the finger and passport that was found. The anchor seemed to find the fact that a finger and passport were found to be questionable, going so far as to ask the reporter if it was possible they were planted. I don't know if I could necessarily say she had an obvious conspiracy angle to her line of questions, but I was shocked nonetheless to hear anybody in MSM even mention the word "planted."

ETA - realized I totally skipped over why I brought up ISIS taking credit: the anchor was talking about ISIS saying that there was still another attacker on the loose, and how the French authorities seemed to not know what to do, because they've said all attackers are dead, and that they're searching for an 8th attacker. So there seems to be confusion even amongst French authorities on what the reality is. Add to that there's been, last I heard, seven arrests in Belgium connected to the attack and a rental car from Belgium found in Paris with AKs, and confusion seems to reign.

Finally, I'm seeing an unconfirmed report that Turkish authorities stopped a terror plot the same day of the French attacks. Trying to find a source with more info that a little tweet but no luck so far.
edit on 15-11-2015 by Shamrock6 because: ETA

posted on Nov, 15 2015 @ 12:31 PM
link   
a reply to: Shamrock6

Seeing as how passports magically drifted from a blown up plane, and blown up building, to the feet of "investigators" at the world trade center and were used as primary evidence for the "war on terror"... i applaud her for thinking critically.

posted on Nov, 15 2015 @ 12:58 PM
link   
I read today that it's policy in France to detain family members of the accused. Seriously mind blown. I don't understand it and can't find enough on this practice in English.

posted on Nov, 15 2015 @ 01:07 PM
link   
I think it odd that ANY news anchor is questioning things. To me, at least, it seems that they are trying to spark conspiracy conversation, that of which has beem strangely missing from this particular situation.

Normally, by now we have a ton of threads and possible conspiracy angles being discussed. Thats not the case this time.

All of which makes a person scratch their head when a news anchor is the first to project possible misdeeds.

posted on Nov, 15 2015 @ 01:10 PM
link   
a reply to: Iamthatbish

Really? I wasn't aware of that. I just assumed that they had arrested the father and brother because of terror ties.

It's come to light that at least two of the attackers were known to French authorities. I have yet to see how the arrests in Belgium are tied in with this. All I've seen so far is "in connection with" and then the tenuous link of the rental car being rented in Belgium.

posted on Nov, 15 2015 @ 01:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: Shamrock6
ETA - realized I totally skipped over why I brought up ISIS taking credit: the anchor was talking about ISIS saying that there was still another attacker on the loose, and how the French authorities seemed to not know what to do, because they've said all attackers are dead, and that they're searching for an 8th attacker.

Yes, they are looking for him, as you can see in the following image.

posted on Nov, 15 2015 @ 01:11 PM
link   
a reply to: Chickensalad

Yea, that's why my head snapped around. Couldn't believe what I was hearing, and who I was hearing it from.

posted on Nov, 15 2015 @ 01:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: Shamrock6
Add to that there's been, last I heard, seven arrests in Belgium connected to the attack and a rental car from Belgium found in Paris with AKs, and confusion seems to reign.

Apparently, two cars were rented in Belgium and two of the terrorists that were identified were French living in Belgium, according to this.

posted on Nov, 15 2015 @ 01:19 PM
link   

If mainstream media want to keep ahead they have to start using the same tactics as the ones that post the news on the Internet, it was only a question of time until they started using "alternative scenarios" to get more views.

posted on Nov, 15 2015 @ 01:22 PM
link   
a reply to: ArMaP

Awesome find! Have you seen any mention of why? Is he believed to have been involved in the attacks or a facilitator or what?

posted on Nov, 15 2015 @ 01:28 PM
link   

They don't say, they only say that they are looking for him and he is dangerous.

posted on Nov, 15 2015 @ 02:35 PM
link   
I use the app smart news and looked for the article to link it for you. As you can imagine it's full of so many France attack articles that I can't find it.

The article mentions this practice as if it didn't need an explaination. But for me here in the U.S I would like some clarification. Like you posted, if they were involved or didn't speak up. That's entirely different than just having the bad luck of who you're related to.

posted on Nov, 15 2015 @ 06:52 PM
link   

Right. Iraqi intelligence warned of attacks...but they weren't really specific enough to prevent anything.

Iraqi intelligence sent a dispatch saying the group's leader, Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi, had ordered an attack on coalition countries fighting against them in Iraq and Syria, as well as on Iran and Russia, through bombings or other attacks in the days ahead.

The dispatch said the Iraqis had no specific details on when or where the attack would take place, and a senior French security official told the AP that French intelligence gets this kind of communication "all the time" and "every day."

Without commenting specifically on the Iraqi warning, a senior U.S. intelligence official said he was not aware of any threat information sent to Western governments that was specific enough to have thwarted the Paris attacks.

source

new topics

top topics

join