It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I don't know what I've done to piss you off...

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 15 2015 @ 11:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: Atser1all
POST REMOVED BY STAFF

Step up, big guy. You could, fairly easily, make your way down to the ME and go to work on "eradication."

Otherwise, see my signature. 'Nuff said.
edit on Sun Nov 15 2015 by DontTreadOnMe because: (no reason given)

(post by Atser1all removed for a manners violation)

posted on Nov, 15 2015 @ 11:44 AM
link   
The kind responses have been wonderful...

I'd like to extend that sentiment back to you all...

With the warmest possible feelings.

If it wasn't for the work you've all put in I'd ask for the thread to be closed, looking back and re reading the OP it seems a little...whiney...

That's not what I was going for to be honest.

Best.
X
edit on 15-11-2015 by CharlieSpeirs because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 15 2015 @ 11:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: Atser1all
POST REMOVED BY STAFF

And so what?

At this point, in this place, kindness may be everything, and it's all we have. Charlie, whoever he may really be, has seldom been anything but civil, even in his disagreement.

So, I will be kind. There is no reason not to, and no reason to not take him at his word.
edit on Sun Nov 15 2015 by DontTreadOnMe because: (no reason given)

(post by Atser1all removed for a manners violation)

posted on Nov, 15 2015 @ 11:47 AM
link   
a reply to: CharlieSpeirs

Madness on ATS, don't let that hate move you.
Stay strong and proud, you've got a voice of reason worthy listening to.

I just forgot to cheer to you the other day in the news-thread, wish I had done so. Here you go...

Coffee [snipped] here,

RIP all those good and innocent people.

edit on 15-11-2015 by PublicOpinion because: (no reason given)

edit on Sun Nov 15 2015 by DontTreadOnMe because: personal drug use comment removed. T&C

posted on Nov, 15 2015 @ 11:48 AM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

As they say "Deny Ignorance". Keep closing your eyes, hide your head in the sand. Nice, quiet and dark......let's not talk about what really is happening, and who is doing it......it is to difficult.
edit on 15-11-2015 by Atser1all because: spelling

posted on Nov, 15 2015 @ 11:48 AM
link   

posted on Nov, 15 2015 @ 12:03 PM
link   
To quote the movie 5th Element:

Mondoshawan: "Time not important. Only life important"

And on that note no religion should support spontaneous or insructed killing of any kind, unless in immediate defence against certain suffering or death.

posted on Nov, 15 2015 @ 12:19 PM
link   

I had no idea you are Muslim. Just as I don't know the religion of any other ATS member. I am ok with that.

I was raised to first respect the man's actions, then the man. Has nothing to do with religion, but everything to do with how you treat others.

I have not seen malevolence in your comments, no prejudice, no hate. If others take issue with who you worship, that is their problem and really touches you not. Karma has a very long memory.

You are a welcoming, intelligent, well liked member for a reason...because of who you truly are.

NN

posted on Nov, 15 2015 @ 12:35 PM
link   

Dear Charlie - I admire you and how you try to inform people. You are a very intelligent young man and I have often had the wish that I could just have a sit down with you and we could chat - about stuff, anything! You have impressed me countless times in the past. You have also said some things that have gotten me a bit grumped up but gotten ME to THINK. Our faiths are each our own and I respect your choice to believe as you do. I do not judge you. I respect you. And I want to give you sisterly love and great big hugs at this time. Stay strong. I just wanted you to know how much I really, really admire you.
edit on 15/11/15 by ccseagull because: Missing a word that changed meaning of text - have fixed!

posted on Nov, 15 2015 @ 12:40 PM
link   
You Charlie are one of the people that keep me wanting to come back to ats. As an atheist woman with a Muslim husband I respect all religions and those who chose to follow their god or goddess. May warm fuzzy s sunshine and love forever surround you.

posted on Nov, 15 2015 @ 12:48 PM
link   
Ok so you're feeling wronged and victimised well as unpopular as this is going to make me, I believe in speaking my mind as that is what a forum is for. This isn't about you and whilst I really do appreciate some of your sentiments, what I have seen over the last 36hrs or so is condemnation of the Paris & Beirut atrocities from various Muslims which has been coupled with "poor me" pity parties.

People are edgy some are scared and any perceived attacks (which I haven't seen) aren't against you as a person, and let's be honest we only have your word for it that you are even a Muslim behind that screen, just like you've only my word for it I'm an ex solicitor turned psychologist. Some people get off on being "the one", the lone voice, the odd man out. There's even an article in today's Indpendant written by a Muslim condemning the attacks but at the same time making it clear that they are victims and just how disgusted they are at "their" religion being hijacked and how it has affected them, barely a word about the people that lost their lives

Again I do understand to a degree how difficult it is for Muslims to openly object denounce and speak out as many will be targetted and denounced themselves as apostates, but I have read numerous articles where other Muslims have tried and tried to get some kind of solidarity with other Muslims against Daesh and the atrocities, only to find it fall on deaf ears even though other Muslims are the first targets in this "war"

I have nothing against you personally, I don't know you, but if you are going to stand up on a public forum and defend your religion then you need to have the backbone and balls to go with that stance considering the current climate. There ....and now I await the fall out

posted on Nov, 15 2015 @ 12:52 PM
link   

I think very highly of you and do consider you a voice of reason. Maybe people think you don't understand the religion you have converted to or they think that you are an anomaly in the Muslim world. I want you to know that I believe in your sincerity and you are a better human being than I am.

Hang in there!

posted on Nov, 15 2015 @ 01:06 PM
link   
How do you feel about Jihad?

posted on Nov, 15 2015 @ 01:31 PM
link   
You might want to compare the reaction you get here to the reaction someone would get if they wrote similar posts from a Christian point of view on a forum in Saudi Arabia, Egypt, or Iran.

What do you think the reaction would be? I don't know, just a guess here, but I suspect such a person would be instantly banned for blasphemy and if caught, publicly beheaded.

And you're upset by ATS?

posted on Nov, 15 2015 @ 01:41 PM
link   

Listen Charlie...

You keep doing what you have always done. Never, EVER allow bias and bigotry on the part of others, to sway you from how you think about the world, and events going on upon it. You are golden my friend. You and I are men off different faiths, but like minds, and in as much we are kindred. We are not alone here.

@ Phobic knuckle draggers everywhere: Charlie is a stand up guy. He is a sensitive, caring, thoughtful person, one who understands the difference between faith and fundamentalism, and who understands that true brotherhood comes of unity of purpose. He seeks a world in which the hungry are fed, the naked clothed, the innocent upheld and the guilty punished, lies destroyed and the truth uncovered, without prejudice, without bias. It is these things which make him my brother in spirit.

These are attributes which everyone, everywhere should aspire to, and nurture in others, no matter where they might be found. Deny your ignorance and love this man as a brother, because to cast aspersions against him is to show your folly, your weakness of mind and fault of character, your mindless hate and the ease with which you have been controlled. Have all the pride you like, but do not allow yourself to use your pride as an excuse to dishonour yourselves by victimising this man.

He simply does not deserve it.

posted on Nov, 15 2015 @ 01:44 PM
link   

The trick is to get past the fallacy of hasty generalization. In order to do this we must consider people on an individual basis. When people refer to "Muslims", they are referring to an abstract product of their imagination, what they think Muslim means, and not any flesh and blood human beings. Once we start speaking of flesh and blood human beings—you for instance—the narrative necessarily changes.

You are always CharlieSpeirs before you are a Muslim.

posted on Nov, 15 2015 @ 01:57 PM
link   
I'm sorry, Charlie. Unfortunately, ignorance is everywhere and many people seem too eager to generalise because it's easier for them to focus their disbelief.

Peace.

posted on Nov, 15 2015 @ 02:00 PM
link   
Woaaaah buddy.

Calm down with the ellipsis, yeah?

That's really my only complaint. I respect your opinion and yadda yadda yadda. I've never been one of the ones to condemn people for their faith; only for their behavior as individuals.
edit on 15-11-2015 by littlefinch because: Punctuation

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join