It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I don't know what I've done to piss you off...

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+31 more 
posted on Nov, 15 2015 @ 11:08 AM
link   
Yeah.

So that.

Maybe you think I was a mastermind in the recent attacks.

Maybe you think I radicalised these people.

Maybe you think I sympathise with them and their terror campaign.

Maybe you think because I pray to the East with a Quran that I'm just another one of these.
I don't.
I never will.

I appreciate the kind u2u's I've received recently, they've kept me floating above the vitriol I seem to be a target of.

Of course I say "I" generically on behalf of ATS Muslims.

A minor grouping who as far as I know is always on a level, polite, and ready to accept disagreement from the outspoken about our Faith.

Maybe you think we wish you ill intent behind closed doors...

Maybe you feel we are too silent in our condemnation of these abhorrent targettings...

I can only say, I don't, and I apologise if the latter seems to be the case.

Of course I condemn them...
I hate these khanzeers, with a passion...

Maybe you think this entire post is taqiyya...
Or hiding my true intentions...

That I wish to subjugate you all to a life of forced belief and suppression of your views...

It's not...
& I don't...
I honestly don't.

This isn't even a rant, but we don't really have an Open Letter Forum, maybe People Forum would have sufficed...

I don't know what I did...
But I'll try to make it better.

Maybe you think that's BS too, and that I secretly harbour thoughts similar to these terrorists...

I certainly don't recall even saying anything too radical on here, nor in real life...
I have no time for all of that.

I'm a believer in the energy you put out, you get back 3-fold...

& prior to converting, I'd lived in the dark side so long that I hurt people and myself...

I vowed to change that...
& I have...
To the best of my ability as fast as I could...

I've started giving to charity...
I've started praying for others...
I stopped casting spells...
I've become more tolerant of so many groups I've lost count of their initials...

Everyday I try to improve...

This is not a poor me thread...
That's certainly not my intention either...

It's more of a question filtered with musings and feelings...

What have I done wrong?

Please tell me.

Is it just guilt by association?
Is it something I've said or done?

Am I just paranoid, that's happened before.

Maybe the media has turned you against me...
Maybe life experience has brought you tragedy where anyone like myself is now a suspect...

Those are understandable, I guess.

I'll end it here.

I don't know why I ranted so long anyways.

Salam Alaikum.

We're All In This Together...
Through All Sickness & Weather...
& I'm Sure We Can All Mix Our Business With Pleasure...

Take My Right Hand, You And I Can Build...
& Make Our Lives Span, Until Time Stands Still!!!

Ameen

posted on Nov, 15 2015 @ 11:13 AM
link   
All life is precious

posted on Nov, 15 2015 @ 11:16 AM
link   
Always gonna happen mate. If you add objective posts in heated debates they will always turn on you, Muslim or non Muslim. Don't take it personally unless you said something distasteful, which is unlikely.

I would say carry on those morals, just ditch the religion. Only way you can ascend to the next level without burdens of judgement holdings you back.

Good luck in the future and still stick up for what you believe in, regardless whether I agree or not.

posted on Nov, 15 2015 @ 11:17 AM
link   
a reply to: CharlieSpeirs

Charlie, some of the anti-muslim rhetoric lately has been nothing short of disgusting.
Hold your head up high, there are a lot of people on ATS who respect what you say and are very fond of you. Even though it must be really difficult, please try not to take these insults to heart.
You haven't done anything wrong, just keep telling it like it is.

B x

posted on Nov, 15 2015 @ 11:20 AM
link   

My opinions on religion aside I admire you and think you are an excellant member of ATS, I respect your personal belief though I may disagree with it as it is contradictory to mine but I must also point out that a large number of the innocent whom were murdered were probably also Muslim's as france has the highest Muslim population in Europe.

I may not agree with the religion but that is a matter of religion and clashing idiology's but this atrocity is a very human atrocity that has touched not just france and not just none muslim's, indeed it has touched muslim's very much indeed of that we are all acutely aware, one of the restaurants were member's of the family whom owned it were among the victim's and also whom happened to be French muslim's comes to mind.

I am sorry if I have offended you with my opinion's as well and never mean my opinions as personal attacks though I do understand how they can sting someone whom is extremely faithful to there belief's.

I will and wish you well and so too does my version of God though I know that we his believers on the other side of that idiological divide are far from living up to his standards.

posted on Nov, 15 2015 @ 11:21 AM
link   
Well you are our very own spokesman for 1.57 billion Muslims and every action they commit. It's only fair you turn up and take responsibility for the actions of 7. That's a joke for you. I'm sorry to hear your getting vitriol, but sanity seems to have left ATS since these attacks
edit on 15-11-2015 by woodwardjnr because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 15 2015 @ 11:23 AM
link   
Oo oo I know I know!

You're a damn dirty Muslim and should be blamed for anything any Muslim does, anywhere, ever! How dare you show your avatar here on this MERICAN site right now! And to have the audacity to say "hey, I'm not like them and neither are most of us" to boot?!?

I hope you read that with the intended heavy dose of sarcasm, Charlie.

Screw em

+18 more 
posted on Nov, 15 2015 @ 11:24 AM
link   
So you identify with the people who did this? You identify with the ideology that did this? Or do you just have a religion in common with them?

For example I have a religion in common with WBC and the people who have bombed abortion clinics in the past, I speak out against them. I don't identify with them, and for the most part, I let the comments provoked by them run off my back.

I'm not them. I only have something in common with them ... I guess.

Yeah, it's really annoying to see a thread where everyone hates on your faith, but after something like this, it's inevitable. You should visit some of the comments threads on MSN after some weird criminal thing happens and is linked in some way to Christianity. The latest was the teen boy getting beaten to death by that cult in New York.

You want rabid anti-religious rhetoric? There it is. The stuff I've seen here is pretty tame by comparison.

By contrast, you also cannot deny that there is a large problem, and that it uses your faith as a stated motivator for its actions. No, it's not you. It's not the other Muslims on this board, but they swear by the same faith, and you'll have to stop denying that and deal with it sooner or later because that ideology is coming for you, man, and you, being a moderate, will not be Muslim enough for them.

posted on Nov, 15 2015 @ 11:25 AM
link   
I'm not speaking on behalf of billions.

Just putting a good word in for 5 or 6 on ATS that I know of who I'm sure would feel the same right about now.

Just thought I'd clarify that.

(post by Atser1all removed for a manners violation)

posted on Nov, 15 2015 @ 11:30 AM
link   
Sure thing, braveheart.

posted on Nov, 15 2015 @ 11:31 AM
link   
Not been on ATS much latley,but for what its worth:
My advice-
Just don't worry about it mate..
There is a huge machine being used to influence the masses in many ways-some fall for it,others don't.

I am not religious in any mainstream sense,but I defend your right to be,and I understand that it is only a minority of crimminals and kilers who attempt to pervert religion for evil-and its not just islam I am talking about.

Don't let the bastards grind you down Charlie.
Chin up mate.

+1 more 
posted on Nov, 15 2015 @ 11:31 AM
link   
Charlie...

Sadly and truthfully I am waiting for more moderate Muslims to step up.

You my friend have. I just feel like there should be a Billion Charlies.

There are not. Some including myself are growing weary waiting for "Moderates".

I appreciate your courage. Where the hell is the other billion like you ?

posted on Nov, 15 2015 @ 11:32 AM
link   

posted on Nov, 15 2015 @ 11:34 AM
link   

I know.

Look, I had a nephew who was on an IED squad in the ME. His duty was to sit on top of a Hummer and man the gun. He was open to sniper fire as a result.

I could blame every single Muslim for the danger he was under. I don't.

Why should I? You were never there, and I have no reason to think you have any ties to anyone who was and might have directly endangered him.

You could, in return, choose to hate him for being there, but you shouldn't. He could just as easily never have been deployed to the ME at all.

posted on Nov, 15 2015 @ 11:35 AM
link   
I didn't even know you were Muslim. I don't care what/who you worship. You seem pretty level headed and kind on the posts I've read of yours. Do me no wrong, and you and I are cool.

You are however lucky for getting all those messages. You get to see the true ugly people while they show their ass. Most of us have to guess about them, you got the proof.

posted on Nov, 15 2015 @ 11:37 AM
link   
Charlie, I've always appreciated your posts...even when we disagree (which is often).

You're a tough debater and fighter, and I absolutely don't want to see you lose any of your passion.

Being here and speaking openly about anything connected to religious passions, beliefs or principles is fraught with animosity and controversy. Many cross the line in their expressions (even in their u2u's).

Trust me...EVERYTHING you've said in your OP, can absolutely be applied to Christians and Jews, as well.
I KNOW you've seen the hatred, insults and derogatory comments other people here experience regarding other religions they embrace....OR, for that matter, nasty sh!t thrown out here daily against people who believe ANY God.

edit on 15-11-2015 by IAMTAT because: (no reason given)

(post by Atser1all removed for a manners violation)

posted on Nov, 15 2015 @ 11:39 AM
link   

Charlie,

I believe religion is a safety blanket. I'm not saying this to belittle your faith, but to qualify what I am about to say.

I also believe that religion is a tool that unfortunately the sick few use to their own desired ends.

To divide. To subjugate. To control. Not just the body, but the hearts and the minds.

And to cause war.

I believe that unfortunately, where you find peace and beauty in Islam, others find an excuse and cause to bring violence and death.

I don't blame you. I don't blame the ideology.

But unfortunately, it is difficult to separate the ideology from the potential. And yes, that potential is there in every belief, and in everyone.

But of late, we have a group of people who feel marginalized. And feel that using violence fueled with the righteous indignation of religion is just cause. So, we're seeing more of this. And, it's blurring many many lines.

I do not trust any religion, as I personally see it as a virus.

Charlie, I love you brother. I mean that sincerely.

And I'd defend you as the good person I know you are.

posted on Nov, 15 2015 @ 11:41 AM
link   
Sure thing, Sitting Bull.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join