It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Desperate Times - Desperate Measures

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 15 2015 @ 10:21 AM
link   
a reply to: scorpio84

Yeah that was kinda my point.

link   
Well.... As long as it stops my being the victim of terrorism, it's o.k.

I mean, all terrorists are Muslim...

So if I get shot up in a Colorado theater or a University class room by a gunmen, at least I wasn't killed by a terrorist!

If I got blown up in the 80's at a cafe in the UK by the IRA, at least I didn't die by the hands of terrorists because they were Catholic and not Muslim.

If I get Sarin gassed in a Japanese subway, at least it wasn't terrorists since it wasn't done by Muslims!

If Joseph Kony slaughters me at least it wasn't a terrorist since he was Christian.

I have more chance of dying by the hand of a none Muslim "lone wolf" gunmen in the US then in a "terror attack."

Here is a list of Christian terrorism: en.wikipedia.org...

Do I blame Christianity? No

But I am so tired of hearing that all terrorists are Muslims when here in the US, our own experience with mass shootings points otherwise. Innocent people are randomly slaughtered but as long as the person is not a Muslim we don't call it terrorism.
edit on 15-11-2015 by AudioOne because: (no reason given)

link   

originally posted by: scorpio84

Okay, I guess we'll do it your way and let them do whatever the f*ck they want because people are too afraid of offending others to defend themselves. I better get the lube.

My way?

No... my way is not the way you suggest. No lube for me.

I just think knee-jerk reactions only make things more desperate.

I do, however, agree with close scrutiny of those refugees from the ME who are immigrating as well as watching the mullahs in our western cities who are looking to radicalize citizens. Getting to the root causes of why our youth are prone to that indoctrination, you know?

Fighting religious ideology isn't easy, but that's exactly where the solutions lie.

posted on Nov, 15 2015 @ 10:23 AM
link   
I understand that people get angry. When we get angry and frustrated, we sometimes jerk our knees and think of drastic ways to solve the problem. I have been guilty of that myself. I remember when Sandy Hook happened. I was so upset that my first thought was "Ban all guns! Institutionalize all mentally deficient people, including autistics!" Those thoughts lasted about 30 seconds before I realized how unlikely they were of solving the problem, and would eliminate the freedoms of plenty of innocent law-abiding people.

Terrorism is already against the law. There are many, many innocent law-abiding Muslims who don't deserve to have less freedoms then everyone else.

posted on Nov, 15 2015 @ 10:27 AM
link   

How do you wage war against an ideology?

Thats the wrong question.

A better question is how do we coexist civilly with numerous ideologies. The answer is through acceptance and individual rights to believe what they want as long as they do not harm others.

Not all Muslims are terrorist nor the majority of them are terrorist , to label all as terrorist is ignorant at best and a dangerous step towards more chaos in the world.

Other questions that need to be asked is why the uprising in Muslim terrorist acts? Would these Muslims really be attacking the world or using foreign countries as scapegoats if the ME was not such a cluster F and in constant chaos?

Are foreign entities in the ME really helping by funding local uprisings,wars, and supplying weapons on both sides while making bank at the cost of the people in the ME?

IMO the ME has become like a Military convention for leading nations to sell , test and demonstrate their latest toys.

We need a different approach in the ME.

Instead of the world helping them bomb the Sh1t out of each other , perhaps we should be helping them get better integrated with one another by offering defensive safety zones with education offerings, healthcare and basic necessities based on their coop efforts to work together in peace.

To much damage has been done on all sides, but more head on violence and isolation is not going to fix it.

When you isolate groups then it becomes a Us versus them ideology.

posted on Nov, 15 2015 @ 10:31 AM
link   
a reply to: ~Lucidity

How about getting out of their countries and trying to control their governments and natural resources?

How about quitting killing their people and families with our militaries that is at the root of the diaspora and the ideology?

Most of these terrorists are fighting the same war our militaries are. When we do it it's war. When they do it's terrorism.

And most of all stop pretending we don't play a gigantic role in this and painting all Muslims with the broad brush of terrorism.

Finally someone who can see right through this...evil breeds evil and the west has been doing it since 90s in the ME. I won`t defend either organsiation as they are both guilty on spot for a single life lost. But what bothers me the most is propaganda bull# from the west (and the east) that they are the heroes and the other side are the villains to justify their vicious deeds. Even more so, it bothers me how gullible some people are to believe this nonsense.

Just stop believing what you are told and see the truth you will...

posted on Nov, 15 2015 @ 10:33 AM
link   

a reply to: yorkshirelad

Why am I not surprised that you are English? Don't you guys allow Sharia courts?

Nope. No sharia courts here. Unless you got that drivel from Faux News.

posted on Nov, 15 2015 @ 10:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: masqua

No... they're doing it in the name of the illegal drug trade 'cough' Chicago 'cough'.

Your title says it all. Desperation and knee-jerk responses; all related to what ISIS wanted out of the Paris bloodbath. It seems they got the exact effect they wanted.

100% agree!

While I will ask this question.
Why do Muslims leave a country that they say is bad an oppressive.
Yet move to country's that are not "Islamic" , and then try to change said country "non-Islamic"to be just like the one they left "Islamic" ??? Don't say they are trying over and over to get it right.
Albert Einstein said: "Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results."

posted on Nov, 15 2015 @ 10:41 AM
link   

a reply to: crazyewok

I don't see where my ideas restrict any freedoms. You don't have the freedom to plan a terrorist attack - sorry if that infringes upon free speech.

If you cant see that all I can say is:

posted on Nov, 15 2015 @ 11:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: Shamrock6

I guess when the utter ridiculousness of what you've said is laid bare, you can't do anything other than attack intellect huh?

Classy.

If I attacked you, then I didn't attack intellect.

posted on Nov, 15 2015 @ 11:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: AudioOne
Well.... As long as it stops my being the victim of terrorism, it's o.k.

I mean, all terrorists are Muslim...

So if I get shot up in a Colorado theater or a University class room by a gunmen, at least I wasn't killed by a terrorist!

If I got blown up in the 80's at a cafe in the UK by the IRA, at least I didn't die by the hands of terrorists because they were Catholic and not Muslim.

If I get Sarin gassed in a Japanese subway, at least it wasn't terrorists since it wasn't done by Muslims!

If Joseph Kony slaughters me at least it wasn't a terrorist since he was Christian.

I have more chance of dying by the hand of a none Muslim "lone wolf" gunmen in the US then in a "terror attack."

Here is a list of Christian terrorism: en.wikipedia.org...

Do I blame Christianity? No

But I am so tired of hearing that all terrorists are Muslims when here in the US, our own experience with mass shootings points otherwise. Innocent people are randomly slaughtered but as long as the person is not a Muslim we don't call it terrorism.

I guess you do not know the definition of a "terrorist."

posted on Nov, 15 2015 @ 11:25 AM
link   

If there is a petition laid out by OP - I'll sign for it.

I believe today we need to go to the lengths which Mccarthy did for commies. Denounce Quran, Islam - or get deported.

posted on Nov, 15 2015 @ 11:26 AM
link   

I guess you do not know the definition of a "terrorist."

Please tell us what your definition of terrorist is, but be specific.

posted on Nov, 15 2015 @ 11:32 AM
link   
a reply to: AngryCymraeg

It seems Sharia is even enshrined in your law:

Islamic Law adopted by Brits

Sharia courts don't exist in the UK? Then what is this:

Sharia Courts in the UK

Of course, The Telegraph is just nonsensical "faux news". Maybe a more "reliable" source could tell us more about this:

Almost 100 sharia courts operating in the UK

I realize that the light hurts at first, but your eyes will adjust.

posted on Nov, 15 2015 @ 11:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: kaylaluv
I understand that people get angry. When we get angry and frustrated, we sometimes jerk our knees and think of drastic ways to solve the problem. I have been guilty of that myself. I remember when Sandy Hook happened. I was so upset that my first thought was "Ban all guns! Institutionalize all mentally deficient people, including autistics!" Those thoughts lasted about 30 seconds before I realized how unlikely they were of solving the problem, and would eliminate the freedoms of plenty of innocent law-abiding people.

Terrorism is already against the law. There are many, many innocent law-abiding Muslims who don't deserve to have less freedoms then everyone else.

Well, if the terrorists will be so kind as to obey the law, I'd be happy to ditch my ideas as stated in the OP.

posted on Nov, 15 2015 @ 11:35 AM
link   
a reply to: masqua

What would your solution to this problem be?

posted on Nov, 15 2015 @ 11:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: deckdel

If there is a petition laid out by OP - I'll sign for it.

I believe today we need to go to the lengths which Mccarthy did for commies. Denounce Quran, Islam - or get deported.

It's be easier than that even. Just enjoy a nice juicy pork chop with a glass of wine.

posted on Nov, 15 2015 @ 11:37 AM
link   

I think I've spelled it out fairly well in this thread already... going after the roots of radicalization and rooting out the mullahs who are doing it here and abroad.

posted on Nov, 15 2015 @ 11:38 AM
link   

I could say the same thing about people who shoot children in schools, couldn't I? It's against the law to shoot innocent children, therefore, get rid of all new gun sales and microchip those with existing guns so we can monitor their movements at all times. Works for you?

posted on Nov, 15 2015 @ 11:39 AM
link   

a reply to: Rosinitiate

You do realize I'm not talking about having a kangaroo court and making random accusations, right? Are we going to now pretend there aren't any Muslims and that they aren't a problem?

How do I know you're not a Muslim and using this position as a deflection to distance yourself? Huh? You seem radical. Is that suspect enough to come and interrogate you?

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join