It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BLM protest turns into a violent racist mob.

page: 7
<< 4  5  6   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 18 2015 @ 11:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: AmericanRealist
a reply to: hounddoghowlie

no, you dont see Jesse and Sharpton because they are now very old, and it seems to be the only two names of Civil rights attorneys the general public can know or remember. Most of these people and movements are utilizing counsel, of various nationalities and ethnicity, so you know. Two guys who were only popular in a particular decade are not necessarily needed to jet all over America for every civil rights litigation involving those of a darker complexion.

Lol what? Where have you been the last 10 yrs. that's exactly what they've been doing as recently as this last summer

posted on Nov, 19 2015 @ 12:24 AM
link   
a reply to: ManBehindTheMask

Eh, I dunno man. I dont see them on the news very often at all. In a different decade, yea they were going from state to state, always reaching for a national spotlight. Not so much anymore. Well for Jesse, I suppose it would have to do wit the stain of his son's antics with his spouse and campaign funds

Former Rep. Jesse Jackson Jr. sentenced to 30 months in prison
Former Rep. Jesse Jackson Jr. was sentenced to 2 1/2 years in prison Wednesday for illegally spending $750,000 in campaign funds on personal items, the judge scolding the son of the famed civil rights leader for using the money as a "piggy bank" and sentencing his wife to a year as well.

However, Jackson, who emotionally apologized to his father, mother, congressional colleagues and others, was given significantly less prison time than federal guidelines recommend, recognized by the judge as a "complex person" who has done both good and bad.
Sandra Jackson, a former Chicago alderman, was sentenced for filing false joint federal income tax returns.
Federal sentencing guidelines called for a prison term of 46 to 57 months -- or just under four years to just under five years. The government had recommended four years, while Jackson's lawyers had asked that his sentenced be limited to 18 months.

some of that damn privilege I been hearing about going around lately.
edit on 19-11-2015 by AmericanRealist because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 19 2015 @ 12:45 AM
link   
a reply to: AmericanRealist

please, here are just three articles from this year on al

Al Sharpton to protest Brooklyn street named for Confederate army leader

With cops laid to rest, Sharpton plans to restart protests

Rev. Al Sharpton cancels NYC bridge protest as Garner probe continues

i see no need to pull any up on jesse.

as i said neither one does any thing unless they are making a buck on it, you can take that to the bank.

ETA: my bad the last one is Nov of last year.

edit on 19-11-2015 by hounddoghowlie because: (no reason given)

damn i went and posted the wrong one a on the first wait and i'll find the right one.

couldn't find theone i had so put one from June 2015 in it's place

posted on Nov, 19 2015 @ 01:19 AM
link   
a reply to: hounddoghowlie

well hey, at least you tried right

That Sharpton does what he can, but its not as if he is the only black civics leader of a community in the nation. Im saying is, just because he is not around to be a name paraded around in a headline, does not mean the community is not receiving their counseling from other local civic leaders and attorneys and so on. I agree he is a money hungry pit of bullsnap, but he is not in his prime no more. He just shows up to what he believes in nowadays I guess. Its not as if his name is drawing bids for brand placement by sponsors if he gets airtime, like the good ol days. Thats all I am saying, you know what im saying... YO!

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6   >>

join