It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BLM protest turns into a violent racist mob.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 16 2015 @ 03:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: Jahari
I challenge you to do the same in the black community.

We are talking about the BLM community. I did not say all blacks are racist, I said BLM was.

Not just this incident. I don't know the details and neither do you. Neither one of us was there. Did somebody check them after the fact? Maybe. Oh and just be clear I'm not arguing in favor of BLM because like you said ALM. But what I've seen this last year on ATS is a lot of accepted bigotry and racism under the guise of discussion. I'm just trying to be the unbiased commentator on some of these many race related threads that pops up on a daily basis now. What I wouldn't do for a little doom and gloom poor like the good ol'days.

Yes, we do. Not a peep from BLM about racist behavior of it's members, as I said feel free to show me.

Let me ask you this. Do you have any racist in your family? If so are they still welcome at family functions?

No, I don't. There is a whole half of my family I no longer have any contact with at all due to their behavior. No seeing them, no writing them, no email, no Facebook, they are dead to me. Nothing to do with racism, they simply did not treat my family as family should, they acted as strangers, so that is what they are to me now.

What I have noticed is black people are more openly racist and white America too ashamed or scares to say anything. I find that a double standard that needs to be fixed if any tyoe of healthy dialog can be had. But then the argument can be justifiably be shifted towards why that's the case. Yes it's the actions of some old dead white guys that enslaved some old dead black people and that degree of hatred and violence towards them lasted up until say 45 years ago.

Can't be justified. it's wrong.

So as I'm sure you already know things aren't as simple as we like to pretend. We are a psychologically damaged country. Blacks see white people as the uncle that bought them toys and gifta but molested them and white people see black people as unwanted visitors in their country.

Sorry, most white people do not see blacks that way. Many white people are disgusted by thug culture which is rampant in the black community, but they are equally disgusted by whites who embrace that culture.

posted on Nov, 16 2015 @ 03:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: nancyliedersdeaddog
a reply to: Jahari

When cops kill innocent people then it does reflect on the American police force and the BLM are using the actions of police officers to bash cops! The BLM is using the actions of a few cops to force all cops to change their policies and their actions. When America bombs countries get's involved in a violent conflicts it also reflects on how the world views America and same goes for white people who were alive at those times.

It definitely does but you are doing exactly that. Your using the actions of a few AA college students to condemn what their movement stands for. My views are a little different when it comes to making real change. Lets be honest nobody is going to listen to a group of all black people protesting. Not until it gets violent anyway, because tbh that's when frustrations, and your not so occasional thug wannabe, boil over and things escalate. Change will only be made when it's not only black people rioting and burning sh*t up but when white people start doing it with them. I know violence should only be a last resort. I feel all other avenues have been tried and failed. It's a bigger problem now then race. Put differences aside and focus on the real adversaries to you and yours. Never know it might bring us closer together as a nation to put foot to a$$ and take back what I fought 8 years for in the USMC. Freedom from all threats foreign and domestic.

posted on Nov, 16 2015 @ 03:52 AM
link   

I do hope you address my question about if you feel the same way about the KKK and if the things their members did/said should be used against their movement (and just to make this clear I'm not comparing BLM to the KKK).

Their movement is a movement of hate so I don't need a member to say or do anything for me to dislike their movement. It's built on a history of widespread murder and violence not just a few bad apples.

BLM has plenty of hatred in their movement when it comes to white people, cops, America, Republicans/blue dog Democrats, and anyone who doesn't do what they want/say.

That's why I'm not a big fan. I won't be at any of the meetings or luncheons.

posted on Nov, 16 2015 @ 03:54 AM
link   

It definitely does but you are doing exactly that. Your using the actions of a few AA college students to condemn what their movement stands for.

No, I am using the non-reaction from the movement to it's members actions to condemn them. I condemn the majority for their acceptance of the actions of the minority. By accepting it, it's the same as if the majority did it.

posted on Nov, 16 2015 @ 03:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: OccamsRazor04

I challenge you to do the same in the black community.

We are talking about the BLM community. I did not say all blacks are racist, I said BLM was.

Not just this incident. I don't know the details and neither do you. Neither one of us was there. Did somebody check them after the fact? Maybe. Oh and just be clear I'm not arguing in favor of BLM because like you said ALM. But what I've seen this last year on ATS is a lot of accepted bigotry and racism under the guise of discussion. I'm just trying to be the unbiased commentator on some of these many race related threads that pops up on a daily basis now. What I wouldn't do for a little doom and gloom poor like the good ol'days.

Yes, we do. Not a peep from BLM about racist behavior of it's members, as I said feel free to show me.

Let me ask you this. Do you have any racist in your family? If so are they still welcome at family functions?

No, I don't. There is a whole half of my family I no longer have any contact with at all due to their behavior. No seeing them, no writing them, no email, no Facebook, they are dead to me. Nothing to do with racism, they simply did not treat my family as family should, they acted as strangers, so that is what they are to me now.

What I have noticed is black people are more openly racist and white America too ashamed or scares to say anything. I find that a double standard that needs to be fixed if any tyoe of healthy dialog can be had. But then the argument can be justifiably be shifted towards why that's the case. Yes it's the actions of some old dead white guys that enslaved some old dead black people and that degree of hatred and violence towards them lasted up until say 45 years ago.

Can't be justified. it's wrong.

So as I'm sure you already know things aren't as simple as we like to pretend. We are a psychologically damaged country. Blacks see white people as the uncle that bought them toys and gifta but molested them and white people see black people as unwanted visitors in their country.

Sorry, most white people do not see blacks that way. Many white people are disgusted by thug culture which is rampant in the black community, but they are equally disgusted by whites who embrace that culture.

Both sides needs to take long look in the mirror and stop ignoring the things their own does right in front of their eyes. Thug culture is a black thing. It's a American thing. Poverty makes it more rampant in the black community.

posted on Nov, 16 2015 @ 04:06 AM
link   

Both sides needs to take long look in the mirror and stop ignoring the things their own does right in front of their eyes. Thug culture is a black thing. It's a American thing. Poverty makes it more rampant in the black community.

No, White people don't ignore it. I don't know anyone that is ok with the KKK. BLM is a black KKK. Extremely racist.

As I said, show me where BLM condemns these racist actions. are you saying Whites do not condemn the actions of the KKK?

Your comment on thug culture is exactly what I said, most whites despise that culture, including whites in that culture.

posted on Nov, 16 2015 @ 04:26 AM
link   

When cops kill innocent people then it does reflect on the American police force and the BLM are using the actions of police officers to bash cops! The BLM is using the actions of a few cops to force all cops to change their policies and their actions. When America bombs countries get's involved in a violent conflicts it also reflects on how the world views America and same goes for white people who were alive at those times.

It definitely does but you are doing exactly that. Your using the actions of a few AA college students to condemn what their movement stands for. My views are a little different when it comes to making real change. Lets be honest nobody is going to listen to a group of all black people protesting. Not until it gets violent anyway, because tbh that's when frustrations, and your not so occasional thug wannabe, boil over and things escalate. Change will only be made when it's not only black people rioting and burning sh*t up but when white people start doing it with them. I know violence should only be a last resort. I feel all other avenues have been tried and failed. It's a bigger problem now then race. Put differences aside and focus on the real adversaries to you and yours. Never know it might bring us closer together as a nation to put foot to a$$ and take back what I fought 8 years for in the USMC. Freedom from all threats foreign and domestic.

No I'm looking at event after event after event and then condemning the group. Are you forgetting what went on in Ferguson and Baltimore? Would you of defended 2nd amendment groups if they did similar things to BLM like getting violent, destroying cities, chanted anti-government slogans, tried to disrupt areas where minorities hung out at, and started harassing certain people based on race/class all because many in the public wasn't taking them seriously? I can't believe you are justifying violence and trying to act like you don't support BLM.

posted on Nov, 16 2015 @ 04:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: OccamsRazor04

No, White people don't ignore it. I don't know anyone that is ok with the KKK. BLM is a black KKK. Extremely racist.

As I said, show me where BLM condemns these racist actions. are you saying Whites do not condemn the actions of the KKK?

Your comment on thug culture is exactly what I said, most whites despise that culture, including whites in that culture.

Quit saying whites in the culture please it's not a black thing it's a American thing. I been told you I don't support black lives matter as the entity it is. I wouldn't say their the KKK. I tried to support them but they kept saying and doing stupid sh*t. The comments about Paris took the cake for me recently. No I'm not saying white don't condemn it. Your missing my point. I think you should reread our entire dialog. I think I may have gotten off topic a bit because I'm not speaking from a position of someone that supports BLM. I was just speaking on the way we americans handles the discussion of race. I want things to stay in context and be honest about the actions of all parties involved.

I'm not saying you but people use these threads to spew their racist views and mob mentality ensues and I gotta sit through black racism, hatred of Muslims and death to Isreal threads. It's annoying and I see through the thin veil these people put up to hide the hate and racist views they cleverly try to say in their post.

posted on Nov, 16 2015 @ 04:30 AM
link   

No I'm looking at event after event after event and then condemning the group. Are you forgetting what went on in Ferguson and Baltimore? Would you of defended 2nd amendment groups if they did similar things to BLM like getting violent, destroying cities, chanted anti-government slogans, tried to disrupt areas where minorities hung out at, and started harassing certain people based on race/class all because many in the public wasn't taking them seriously? I can't believe you are justifying violence and trying to act like you don't support BLM.

I don't support blm but I definitely know when violence is necessary and please believe as a member of the human race that time has come. That's my opinion. What kind of statement is that anyway? I support the act of fighting for my rights, so I have to support blm? That's laughable.

posted on Nov, 16 2015 @ 04:40 AM
link   
a reply to: b14warrior

Boy instead of micro aggression that sure sounds like MACRO aggression. But let me guess, they can't be accused of that. Bullies are just that...... bullies

posted on Nov, 16 2015 @ 04:49 AM
link   

Naw, there hasn't been any racism in these threads. Just frustration that a group of ill-informed, mentally defective people are on a Racism Revival tirade. Or is it parade?
Well, BLM is showing their true colors now. I hope they continue to show what they're really about.
This ain't 1964.

posted on Nov, 16 2015 @ 05:24 AM
link   

Yes, some do. I am staying on topic though, the actions of the BLM group are racist. They condone the actions of the few, making it the actions of the majority.

That is my point. Not off topic.

posted on Nov, 16 2015 @ 08:10 AM
link   
a reply to: OccamsRazor04

Because we recognize those are really racist things, and the majority white community ostracizes the minority who think that way. When BLM does not label those people racists, when they do not ostracize them, when they invite them in with open arms, they then welcome those things and the people who do them.

You have to realize historically that wasn't always the case. The dominant culture a little over 50-60 years ago would accept that very act that is now condemned by most Caucasians.

posted on Nov, 16 2015 @ 08:38 AM
link   
a reply to: nancyliedersdeaddog

So is your entire argument against Jahari a guilt by association fallacy? Basically your logic is that any individual(s) of a group who commit reprehensible acts should therefore represent the entire group/organizations public image and based on these individuals the entire group should be discredited.

It's redundant what the name of the group is and what it represents, whether it's the Muslims,Jews,Christians,BLM and or the KKK. Generalizing an entire group based on the actions of a few regardless of what the majority of the movement does in response is wrong.

posted on Nov, 16 2015 @ 01:49 PM
link   
These racist maniacs need to be rounded up and charged with terrorism before they do something unthinkable. ~$heopleNation

posted on Nov, 16 2015 @ 01:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: NateTheAnimator
Generalizing an entire group based on the actions of a few regardless of what the majority of the movement does in response is wrong.

Then why isn't Black Live Matter officially condemning this stuff on the website? That tells me volumes!!

posted on Nov, 16 2015 @ 01:55 PM
link   

a reply to: OccamsRazor04

Because we recognize those are really racist things, and the majority white community ostracizes the minority who think that way. When BLM does not label those people racists, when they do not ostracize them, when they invite them in with open arms, they then welcome those things and the people who do them.

You have to realize historically that wasn't always the case. The dominant culture a little over 50-60 years ago would accept that very act that is now condemned by most Caucasians.

This isn't 50-60 years ago so there is really no excuse

posted on Nov, 16 2015 @ 02:00 PM
link   

So is your entire argument against Jahari a guilt by association fallacy? Basically your logic is that any individual(s) of a group who commit reprehensible acts should therefore represent the entire group/organizations public image and based on these individuals the entire group should be discredited.

It's redundant what the name of the group is and what it represents, whether it's the Muslims,Jews,Christians,BLM and or the KKK. Generalizing an entire group based on the actions of a few regardless of what the majority of the movement does in response is wrong.

Except that this behavior has become the typical MO for this group, from invading restaurants, to blocking traffic, to running rough shod over campaign speeches and taking over to call everyone white racists, to mobilizing and shouting racists chants, to calling for the death of cops, to this present situation on campuses

Exactly WHERE is the redeeming quality in this movement thus far? Every demonstration so far has been laden thick w hateful rhetoric

Your rational is roughly equivalent to saying " The KKK isn't so bad because they occasionally have a food drive for the hungry"

Sorry most Americans are starting to see through the facade
edit on 11/16/2015 by ManBehindTheMask because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 16 2015 @ 05:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: ManBehindTheMask

Except that this behavior has become the typical MO for this group, from invading restaurants, to blocking traffic, to running rough shod over campaign speeches and taking over to call everyone white racists, to mobilizing and shouting racists chants, to calling for the death of cops, to this present situation on campuses

Exactly WHERE is the redeeming quality in this movement thus far? Every demonstration so far has been laden thick w hateful rhetoric

Your rational is roughly equivalent to saying " The KKK isn't so bad because they occasionally have a food drive for the hungry"

Sorry most Americans are starting to see through the facade

Far from the truth. I refuse to mame this a blm topic alone. The KKK has openly and historically killed and terrorized minorities. BLM in no way can be compared to the kkk. This is far from the trivial matter your naking it. Guess what Whites in America up until a half century ago have been worst then isis to minorities. You might not want to hear it but it's the truth. Now all of a sudden you want to be seen as a peer and accepting to the race that is still systematically targeted by the ruling class which just so happens to be of europe descent. Racism is a system of oppression not a prejudice. This is why AA and most ethnic groups of the world hates the west. They refuse to see that universal law is cause and effect and past actions will determine not only how your seen but also how your treated in this world. Every continent can attest to the atrocities of western culture. Second only to the god of the old testaments. I'm done with this conversation because the blatant unwillingness to acknowledge the simple truths of our recent history is disguising. To black americans I want you to know your anger is justified. Your mistrust is justified. But hate and prejustices aren't condusive with fighting for equality. Your ultimate use of that anger and resentfulness is misguided and immature. No you can't be racist by definition and anyone that claims otherwise don't know or understand what the term racism really means. Stop fighting and killing your own. Fight for your rights but also those that refuse to acknowledge history. You can call a person a derogatory word but in no way are you as evil as a known rapist and murderer.

posted on Nov, 16 2015 @ 06:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: nullafides
a reply to: b14warrior

I posted a few threads about #AllLivesMatter.

I said a few things regarding the fact that #BlackLivesMatter was exclusionary, and self victimizing.

This was largely met with derision and cries that I was a racist.

This is an example of what I saw....what I saw of the #BlackLivesMatter movement. It is also an example of the selfish, snowflake mentality of college students today.

Of their myopic vision. Vision that can ONLY be myopic because they are so young...and have NO REAL CLUE as to what life is truly like or about.

I am not in the slightest bit surprised at this article about the events at Dartmouth.

What surprises me the most is that the people who are calling you a racist support Blacklivesmatter but label you a racist for saying all lives matter.

So it is to them racist to care for all humans? but it is not racist to only care for black lives?
How do they justify this?

The only attempt i have seen to justify this sort of behaviour is "It is not rasicm if it is against white people" or "Black people cant be racist".

Of course this justification falls flat on its ass on any level but stil it is being thrown around iff some of them feel cornered.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join