It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

History-Islam: The Religion of Genocide

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 16 2015 @ 06:20 AM
link   
a reply to: InhaleExhale

Glad you get it .

posted on Nov, 16 2015 @ 06:39 AM
link   
a reply to: Kapusta
I made no mention of the Knights Templar fighting back Mohamad, Though may have sounded that way, the Knights Templar led a force to take back the Holy Land because it had been conquered by Islam and made safe passage to those traveling there from the north,

Qur'an (9:5) "But when the forbidden months are past, then fight and slay the Pagans wherever ye find them, and seize them, beleaguer them, and lie in wait for them in every stratagem (of war); but if they repent, and establish regular prayers and practice regular charity, then open the way for them..."

Qur'an (2:193) - "And fight them until persecution is no more, and religion be only for Allah. But if they desist, then let there be no hostility except against wrong-doers." The key phrase is to fight until "religion be only for Allah."

Qur'an (3:83) - "Are they seeking a religion other than Allah's, when every soul in the heavens and the earth has submitted to Him, willingly or by compulsion?"
So much for the verse (2:256) stating that there is "no compulsion in religion".

more
www.thereligionofpeace.com...

From the Hadith:

Sahih Muslim (1:33) The Messenger of Allah said: "I have been commanded to fight against people till they testify that there is no god but Allah, that Muhammad is the messenger of Allah, and they establish prayer and pay zakat."

Sahih Muslim (19:4294) - "When you meet your enemies who are polytheists (which includes Christians), invite them to three courses of action. If they respond to any one of these, you also accept it and withhold yourself from doing them any harm. Invite them to (accept) Islam; if they respond to you, accept it from them and desist from fighting against them ... If they refuse to accept Islam, demand from them the Jizya. If they agree to pay, accept it from them and hold off your hands. If they refuse to pay the tax, seek Allah's help and fight them" Osama bin Laden echoes this order from his prophet: "Does Islam, or does it not, force people by the power of the sword to submit to its authority corporeally if not spiritually? Yes. There are only three choices in Islam … . Either submit, or live under the suzerainty of Islam, or die.” (source: The al-Qaeda Reader p. 19-20)

Plenty more
www.thereligionofpeace.com...

How much of the Quran is about war and fighting?

Is this guy lying when he says Jihad and fighting is the most talked about subject in the Quran after belief wrong?.
From a Muslim Cleric,

Where does it come from these people blowing up or killing innocent people for Jihad if not from Mohamad's words in the Quran ( as in dying for your Allah ?)

I can link to vids of Muslim parents proud of their sons for doing it, saddened but proud.

Your book even tries to play as though we even worship the same God and entice Christians from their Lord who was/is the Lord. The builders rejected the stone which became the most important cornerstone. The Jewish people rejected Christ they also reject Christians.

Muslims reject Christ as The Son of God and view him as a mere prophet.

within the fold of Islam, Allâh will give you double reward, but in case you turn your back upon it, then the burden of the sins of all your people shall fall on your shoulders.
"Say (O Muhammad [pbuh]): ‘O people of the Scripture (Jews and Christians), come to a word that is just between us and you, that we worship none but Allâh, and that we associate no partners with Him, and that none of us shall take others as lords besides Allâh.’ Then, if they turn away, say: ‘Bear witness that we are Muslims.’ " [The Noble Qur'an 3:64]

Letters
www.webcitation.org... 24

Mohamad was a false Prophet who was 600 years after Christ.

Christian instruction..

Ephesians 6:12

For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places.

Big difference and why I`m calling it out for what it is.

edit on 16-11-2015 by gps777 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 16 2015 @ 06:54 AM
link   
a reply to: MystikMushroom

Put it this way who would you rather trust?

Jesus ( by his words and example ) pointing a gun at you or Mohamad? ( by his words and example )

Jesus shed no blood other than his own.

posted on Nov, 16 2015 @ 07:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: tinymind
a reply to: gps777

Of course, you would never find anything even approching such a thing be done by those who are discussed in the Bible.

No! Wait! It does seem I recall something about someone being told to go into a city, or was it several cities, and kill everyting that lived there; men, women, childern, oxen, and donkeys.
I guess that was alright though; they were, after all, only invading lands they were given by someone's visions.

Pot & kettle
Pot & kettle
Pot & kettle

The Old Testament of the Bible is the history of the Hebrews who would later conquer a land called Judea and become called Jews. They cannot be Christians as Christ had not even been born yet.

Find me the verses from the New Testament giving commandment about slaughtering people.
Not pot and Kettle, at all.

posted on Nov, 16 2015 @ 07:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: gps777

Put it this way who would you rather trust?

Jesus ( by his words and example ) pointing a gun at you or Mohamad? ( by his words and example )

Jesus shed no blood other than his own.

And that just about sums it up.

You cant be that young seeing as you are member since 2004, so I really don't know what to say, yeah if you were 17 year old your scenario would make sense coming from an immature mind but I doubt you joined ATS at the age of 6.

I guess its real easy for Terrorists and Government alike to manipulate the minds of many with the fear and terror they use and advertise.

Bravo, you have done the terrorists proud.

They want Islam to be attacked so as to be able to manipulate more young minds into extremist ways, ideas and public threads like this just helps the terrorists cause.

posted on Nov, 16 2015 @ 07:37 AM
link   
a reply to: Asktheanimals

I see this argument SOOOO often. If the Old Testament isn't relevant then why do you still study it at church? Also, how is it that throughout Christian history, Christians have somehow used this text to justify tons of genocide and war that continues up to this day? But when someone calls them on it, SUDDENLY the OT isn't relevant and we should only care about the NT. That is until the next thing happens that pisses off a bunch of Christians and suddenly you have a Christian leader calling for another crusade. *cough*Bush jr.*cough*

posted on Nov, 16 2015 @ 07:47 AM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

Quite often it has something to do with the urging of AIPAC.
Israel has (sadly) far too much influence within the Christian church today.

posted on Nov, 16 2015 @ 07:51 AM
link   

Well whatever you want to say the reasons are, the point is that the OT is very much still relevant to Christians today.

posted on Nov, 16 2015 @ 09:51 AM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

It's all about believing the Jews are Gods chosen people.
Therefore many Christians translate that to unwavering support for Israel - even if they commit genocide.
It's a poor understanding of scripture, "chosen" doesn't mean favorite, it means they have a central role to play for good or evil or both.

posted on Nov, 16 2015 @ 10:32 AM
link   

I think it more has to do with whatever works to justify whatever atrocity you are about to commit. If the people accept those words as a valid reason to conquer and destroy, then that's what they'll use to achieve that goal.

More or less it has a lot to do with the bible being open to the interpretation of whoever is reading it. If there was a set way to read it, there would be a lot less confusion like this. It's just too bad the author of it doesn't deem it necessary to issue a proclamation to shed some light on this mystery.

posted on Nov, 16 2015 @ 11:43 AM
link   

What I don't get is ...

If Christians believe Jews are "chosen" or whatever, or at the very least think their protection requires American and Christian blood -- why don't people just convert to Judaism and become Jewish? Why stay Christian? What's the point?

If Christianity is Abrahamic 2.0 (with Judaism being 1.0) shouldn't Christians offer some support, but overall, by-and-large say, "Well you refused to accept Jesus as the Messiah...God doesn't look favorably on those who do not heed his words..."

I don't understand the "unwavering" support. Support yes, obviously -- but not above and beyond what's sane and rational for any other group of human beings. All life should be protected -- period.

posted on Nov, 16 2015 @ 11:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

I think it more has to do with whatever works to justify whatever atrocity you are about to commit. If the people accept those words as a valid reason to conquer and destroy, then that's what they'll use to achieve that goal.

More or less it has a lot to do with the bible being open to the interpretation of whoever is reading it. If there was a set way to read it, there would be a lot less confusion like this. It's just too bad the author of it doesn't deem it necessary to issue a proclamation to shed some light on this mystery.

It's the same with any holy book -- you can mix and match, piecemeal and pick what you want. Anyone can justify anything with any holy book from any religion. It's not he fault of the authors, but rather gullible and vulnerable people being taken advantage of by charismatic psychopaths. If you have the charm and attitude to inspire and lead people, you can pretty much make any claim and people will justify its validity to themselves.

Human beings naturally want to be lead by someone, and have peace of mind knowing that someone has the answers. Telling people that you know how it all works, that you've figured it out and know what happens when you die -- that's how you get a little following together around you.

posted on Nov, 16 2015 @ 11:52 AM
link   

Yep, that's the point I was trying to make. It's funny how people see those shortcomings within their own beliefs, yet fail to see them with foreign beliefs. Somehow thinking that everyone is like minded.

posted on Nov, 16 2015 @ 11:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: combatmaster
a reply to: gps777

One question.... how come Islam didnt just continue to conquer the rest of Europe? what stopped them specifically?

The same thing that stops everyone who want world domination,

The Rulers behind the scenes, who need a specific frequency on the earth maintained by balances of different brainwashed groups.

Once one is about to utterly win total abject sabotage is always incurred.

The religions are carefully planned smokescreens to make us all confused and lost, just as science is being used now.

They can never allow one group to exist, they would discover the mortal enemies of earth and turn on them fast.

Uncovering these scums who have played the earth for so long, is our DUTY.

posted on Nov, 16 2015 @ 11:13 PM
link   
a reply to: Murgatroid

LoL a religious person declaring how prayer works, this is a sheer impossibility , really.

Still got no idea why some are answered and others not huh, let me give you a hint.....

It has nothing to do with a GOD or mysterious ways.....................

posted on Nov, 17 2015 @ 12:38 AM
link   
Here is something I don't seem to understand. You Muslims (or non-Muslims) that claim:

1. Islam is SO unfairly bashed as a religion of radicals and terrorists
2. The Islamic radicals and terrorists that DO exist are such a minority
3. That Islam is a religion of peace, love, sugar and spice, etc.
4. Muslims DON'T want to kill all the Jews in the world
5. Muslims don't want to kill the rest of the world if they don't accept Islam

If you want the rest of the world to NOT think of you as radicals and terrorists, why don't all you Muslims that claim to be peace-loving and NOT haters of the "infidel" take care of all the terrorists, suicide bombers, and radicals from WITHIN?

Does it not upset you that so many people have such animosity towards Muslims?

Human nature being what it is, do you REALLY not understand why that animosity exists?

Why don't all the "nice" Muslims turn in all the "terrorist" Muslims to authorities in whatever country you live?

Do all the "NOT-nice" Muslims all pretend to be "nice" Muslims when in the company of "for real nice" Muslims so all the "for-real nice" don't know that they are "pretend-nice", as opposed to "for-real nice"?

I just think that if I was a Muslim, I would be REALLY PISSED OFF that these "pretend-nice" Muslims cause all the "for real nice" Muslims (or myself, if I was a "for real nice" Muslim) to be treated like terrorists everywhere we go.

To use a quote from "Full Metal Jacket", Why aren't all you "for real nice" Muslims stomping these terrorists guts out for causing all you "for real nice" Muslims so much trouble?

Look, as long as incidents like the Paris bombings continue to happen, then justified or not, chances are that animosity towards Islam is going to keep increasing, and eventually that animosity will reach critical mass, and then the middle east will be bombed back to the stone age. The vast majority of Muslims will simply cease to exist.

With the stakes that high, why would you let these "few" extremists cause that to happen? Why would you not try to do something about it internally within the Church as a whole?

Sincerely, how can you not see that at least the vast majority of the world has bent over BACKWARDS to try to at least be tolerant of Islam (and actually damn near anything), so when something like Paris happens it feels like a kick in the gut.

And I don't mean this as a criticism but an honest question: Is "Extremist" Islam not a LEARNED behavior? If so, where is it taught? Who would teach a child (or anyone, really) that strapping a bomb around their waist and detonating it in a crowd of people is proper behavior? Come on people, how can that NOT be absolutely insane?

For instance, here in the USA, if a 15 year old kid shoots up a school, chances are that they didn't learn to do it in church, and that their pastor didn't give them the idea.

posted on Nov, 17 2015 @ 02:10 AM
link   
a reply to: MteWamp

We can't even get police to police themselves here in the US. Good cops don't speak up enough and root out racism and corruption from within right now.

If that's the case here in America, how do you think we're going to get half a percent of 1.7 billion people spread world-wide to do that?

posted on Nov, 17 2015 @ 02:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: ParasuvO
let me give you a hint.........

No no please don't, looks to me like you need them MUCH more than I do...

Especially considering the fact that you seem to think that God is a 'religious person'...

I've liked and agreed with many of your posts on ATS but this is so out of touch with reality that it's just mind boggling...

posted on Nov, 17 2015 @ 05:30 PM
link   
I never cared for religion. I always stayed out of it. I may get hate from the hardcore religious and conservative people, but I find religion to be poisonous and it's one of the main reasons for wars/death on this planet. It needs to go quite frankly!

posted on Nov, 18 2015 @ 05:26 AM
link   
I don’t want to generalize anything but just want to ask that what is the reason behind posting this thread? You want us to know some untold history just for member’s GK or you want us to condemn Islam/Quran? What are trying to project?
Quran, Bible etc are all Religious texts and does not portray anything right or wrong. It will just tell us a story and provide a huge space for us to think, to perceive, to decide and judge. It is all in our perception that defines right and wrong. When people read their Religious text they are likely to read it wrong for e.g.The Story in the book of Genesis never places Satan in the Garden of Eden."Genesis mentions nothing but a serpent," says Kevin Dunn, chair of the department of religion at Tufts University in Massachusetts. so, don't blame any Religion. don't blame any ethnicity. Blame Corrupt mind hidden among us, among the environment that we live in.

edit on 18-11-2015 by moronic because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join