It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hillary Says It’s OK That She Takes Wall Street Money Because of Women and 9/11

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+3 more 
posted on Nov, 15 2015 @ 02:01 AM
link   
That's what the Slate headline reads. I was watching the Democrat debate tonight, and both my fiance and I both went, "Woah..." when she mentioned 9-11. I had her pause the TV and I said, "Wait, did she really just use 9-11 as part of her answer?

From the article:

Bernie Sanders pointed out (fairly) at Saturday night’s CBS Democratic presidential debate that Hillary Clinton raises a substantial amount of campaign money from Wall Street, while moderator (and Slate columnist) John Dickerson alluded to the millions of dollars in paid speeches that the former New York senator has given to major banks. Pressed on whether this would compromise her ability as president to properly regulate the financial industry, Clinton answered with a non sequitor, citing her female donors and alluding to 9/11:

Slate

Here's the video of what was said during the debate:

And here's a transcript of what Hillary said for those that can't watch the video:

Oh, wait a minute, senator. You know, not only do I have hundreds of thousands of donors, most of them small, and I'm very proud that for the first time a majority of my donors are women, 60%. [Cheers and applause.] So I— I represented New York, and I represented New York on 9/11 when we were attacked. Where were we attacked? We were attacked in downtown Manhattan where Wall Street is. I did spend a whole lot of time and effort helping them rebuild. That was good for New York. It was good for the economy, and it was a way to rebuke the terrorists who had attacked our country.

I couldn't believe it -- she didn't just pull the 9/11 card, she charged to the 9/11 card and maxed it out, less than 24 hours after the attacks in Paris no less. Wow, really?

I'm impressed that they allowed people to Tweet questions, even if only a few made it through -- because they certainly did use one:

It was such an unusual answer, in fact, that CBS soon thereafter returned to the subject, displaying a tweet from a viewer who wrote that he’d “never seen a candidate invoke 9/11 to justify millions of Wall Street donations.” Responded Clinton: “I’m sorry that whoever tweeted that had that impression, because I worked closely with New Yorkers after 9/11 for my entire first term to rebuild. So, yes, I did know people ... I’ve had a lot of folks give me donations from all kinds of backgrounds say, ‘I don’t agree with you on everything, but I like what you do. I like how you stand up. I’m going to support you.’ And I think that is absolutely appropriate.”

Slate

Some people are comparing Hillary's response in the debate to an episode of Family Guy, in which Lois runs for a position:

I kind of wonder what the third candidate, O'Malley was thinking during this entire thing?
edit on 15-11-2015 by MystikMushroom because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 15 2015 @ 02:13 AM
link   
Reminds me of that time she was attacked by snipers.

posted on Nov, 15 2015 @ 02:36 AM
link   
Hilary and integrity ?

That' be the North and South pole !

Even teflon wears thin ...

+7 more 
posted on Nov, 15 2015 @ 02:48 AM
link   
a reply to: MystikMushroom

America does not need a rich mean old lady with a drinking problem, a cheating husband and a trail of dead bodies behind her - not even her vagina will save her this time, she was the clear loser in that debate.

posted on Nov, 15 2015 @ 02:54 AM
link   

Yeah, she also propped up good old affordable health care act, and reinforced her decisions sending our troops to the east... I can't believe people still want to vote for her when she's wall Street bought, uses 9/11 for her gain, and two of her major points are supporting her decisions for the worst Healthcare decision ever, and she supports our creation of isis and doing nothing in the middle east for over a decade.

posted on Nov, 15 2015 @ 02:56 AM
link   
a reply to: Sublimecraft

So say the polls, but you can bet the bought news stations will ignore polls and people again while a huge majority say Sanders, and write articles about how amazing and majestic she is.

posted on Nov, 15 2015 @ 03:02 AM
link   
Lemme guess she is gonna win the debate again like last time right??..so will say the Clinton's media puppets and talking heads..Feel da Bern Hillary Feel da Bern!!!
edit on 15-11-2015 by Spider879 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 15 2015 @ 03:02 AM
link   

That loony bitch! I'm sorry, I really don't know what else to say.......

I take that back, is she on more than just alcahol?

posted on Nov, 15 2015 @ 04:05 AM
link   
Damit I was going to post that clip

Dam american voters are dumb.

Meanwhile Huckabee is blaiming ISIS on Iran...

posted on Nov, 15 2015 @ 04:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: crazyewok
Damit I was going to post that clip

Dam american voters are dumb.

Meanwhile Huckabee is blaiming ISIS on Iran...

The stupidity is found on every side of the aisle.

posted on Nov, 15 2015 @ 04:24 AM
link   
a reply to: crazyewok

I'm not voting for this psycho. Is that a dumb idea?

posted on Nov, 15 2015 @ 04:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: Tundra

I think voteing for anyone at the moment looks like a dumb idea.
Everyone running seems to be out your loony bins.

posted on Nov, 15 2015 @ 04:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: crazyewok

originally posted by: Tundra

I think voteing for anyone at the moment looks like a dumb idea.

I totally agree on that one!

posted on Nov, 15 2015 @ 04:44 AM
link   

Everyone running seems to be out your loony bins.

Which seems to be the one consistency in the whole show

posted on Nov, 15 2015 @ 04:48 AM
link   
No matter how she or all the rest of them rationalize or sugarcoat the reasons for it, it's still selling their souls, including hers, to the devils, and still giving us a government controlled not by the people but by oligarchs. And it's got to stop somewhere. Don't buy this BS.

posted on Nov, 15 2015 @ 04:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: ~Lucidity
No matter how she or all the rest of them rationalize or sugarcoat the reasons for it, it's still selling their souls, including hers, to the devils, and still giving us a government controlled not by the people but by oligarchs. And it's got to stop somewhere. Don't buy this BS.

9/11

posted on Nov, 15 2015 @ 05:05 AM
link   

What about 9/11?

posted on Nov, 15 2015 @ 05:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: ~Lucidity

What about 9/11?

9/11 was very bad

Well if Us politicians can use it over and over again without reason I can right?

posted on Nov, 15 2015 @ 06:04 AM
link   

A star for the Family Guy clip.

It's the first thing that popped into my head as I read the post.

posted on Nov, 15 2015 @ 06:32 AM
link   
Well, the video is still up, in fact the whole debate is freely available. This is the Wall Street section. Sanders inferences begin at 5.02

edit on 15-11-2015 by smurfy because: Text.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join