It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Space Junk or Alien Lander?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 15 2015 @ 08:00 AM
link   
And so it begins...

posted on Nov, 15 2015 @ 08:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: Leprekon
Funny..first they thought they found something out in the boonies of space from a probe suspecting it might be some kind of giant alien structure light years long...then they investigated and said it isn't..then a few weeks later we get news of wtf or "space junk" supposedly crashing into our planet, since when is space junk or anything of that matter worthy of news, wouldn't every meteor or comet make news of its entrance of earth...now on the day of its arrival we have the whole isis situation going on...what if it really was aliens and some how they relayed a message we deciphered it some how and it said something along the lines of were coming and nothing you can do about it so they created a mass distraction such as Paris to advert the attention away from said object...far fetched I know but you never know.

Will the two groups -- those who say TPTB will never tell us about alien discoveries, and those who whine we are being told TOO MUCH about new space discoveries -- just lock themselves into a cage match from which only one walks out, please. Complaining simo of not enough, and too MUCH, disclosure just beclowns the entire topic.

posted on Nov, 15 2015 @ 08:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: Astyanax
a reply to: MarioOnTheFly

If I wanted to slip a probe, unnoticed, on to the surface of a planet occupied by an intelligent species with considerable astronomical but only modest spacefaring capabilities, this is exactly how I would do it.

Seems worth discussing to me.

I would use my magical invisibility cloak. Did you lose yours?

posted on Nov, 15 2015 @ 08:18 AM
link   
a reply to: Phage

May I ask you about a speculation?
What would be your opinions be if UFOs were indeed alien?
I wouldn't want it to disturb you, myself.
I'm concerned about you people when a curve ball shows up...
edit on 15-11-2015 by cavtrooper7 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 15 2015 @ 08:32 AM
link   
a reply to: draknoir2

If it is an Alien lander it's not a very good one.

If it was an alien lander, how could we say whether it was a good one or not unless we knew what its mission was?

posted on Nov, 15 2015 @ 08:35 AM
link   
a reply to: Leprekon

giant alien structure light years long...then they investigated and said it isn't..

Can you say where you got this information? I hadn't heard this before. Just recently, Robbert van den Broeke was told by President Eisenhower that we were intentionally allowed to view this previously hidden Star so as to begin our transformation to becoming a more advanced, peaceful, space faring race.

Sure, I know this sounds crazy, but look it up. We are a clueless race, me thinks. Maybe it's just me.
edit on 10 27 2013 by donktheclown because: (no reason given)

edit on 10 27 2013 by donktheclown because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 15 2015 @ 08:38 AM
link   

If it is an Alien lander it's not a very good one.

If it was an alien lander, how could we say whether it was a good one or not unless we knew what its mission was?

If the mission is to land, not good.

If the mission is to plummet headlong, flaming towards an impact, then success.
edit on 15-11-2015 by draknoir2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 15 2015 @ 08:44 AM
link   
a reply to: 0bserver1

this would be according to your theory something we would use when we enter another planet with an atmosphere.

It's something everybody would have to use, given the reality of orbital mechanics, unless they had some form of gravity-cancelling device.

But the point isn't just to land something on Earth. It is to land something on Earth unnoticed by the locals. The best way would be to disguise your spaceprobe as a random object falling in from space.

Since mass is a very expensive commodity to move about (again, assuming no antigravity), you wouldn't want to fill the thing with lead to disguise it as a boulder. Besides, a boulder would alarm the occupants of the planet if they saw it coming. So, instead, you disguise it as one of their own pieces of space junk: light, hollow and harmless, and plunge it into the sea.

Gone. Vanished as if it never existed.

Who knows what it's doing down there now...

posted on Nov, 15 2015 @ 08:44 AM
link   

You never know. Maybe the heat from entry is a reactant...

posted on Nov, 15 2015 @ 08:50 AM
link   
a reply to: JimOberg

I would use my magical invisibility cloak. Did you lose yours?

Welcome, Sir Jim; you honour my thread with your presence.

I don't believe in magical invisibility cloaks — not ones that confer invisibility in all EM frequencies. It's a little hard not to radiate in the infrared if your skin temperature is any higher than absolute zero. Conquering gravity may be a snap to our little green (or grey) visitors, but the lifeform hasn't been born that can repeal the Second Law of Thermodynamics.

posted on Nov, 15 2015 @ 08:55 AM
link   

I'm suggesting that there was a heat shield to do all the flaming — and braking. When the shield was all ablated, whatever was left would plunge into the sea at, in all probability, at atmospheric terminal velocity, probably a few hundred miles an hour. Properly armoured, streamlined and attitude-corrected, it could easily survive.

posted on Nov, 15 2015 @ 09:02 AM
link   

I'm suggesting that there was a heat shield to do all the flaming — and braking. When the shield was all ablated, whatever was left would plunge into the sea at, in all probability, at atmospheric terminal velocity, probably a few hundred miles an hour. Properly armoured, streamlined and attitude-corrected, it could easily survive.

That, or it was just the anticipated reentry and subsequent burn up of an undocumented piece of space junk.

I'll have to go with the one that requires the least speculative assumptions.

And as for the board silence on the event, I mentioned it in the Spaceballs thread.

posted on Nov, 15 2015 @ 09:18 AM
link   
Yes , my darling.....I'm afraid you are spot on correct
Good watchman on the wall there my Lady

Of the few enigmas we have going....this is number 3....after the Dark Knight satellite, and then the 1973 report of a planet both coming at us and going away......( first of the planet x in news papers ) which is way before the usual 1984 date we find these days...

If we tell the truth, someone should have been monitoring this from AWACS and smaller camera platforms like fighter jets......so this thread gets props from the science and God loving group......( they go together well )....as I have input from both......

And we on the edge of the age, the Epoch......we are on the edge of time my lady...huh!
edit on 15-11-2015 by GBP/JPY because: our new King.....He comes right after a nicely done fake one

edit on 15-11-2015 by GBP/JPY because: yessirrr

posted on Nov, 15 2015 @ 09:19 AM
link   

Certainly, if you feel you have to make a decision.

That isn't what the thread is about, though.

posted on Nov, 15 2015 @ 09:25 AM
link   

Certainly, if you feel you have to make a decision.

That isn't what the thread is about, though.

I guess I misunderstood the thread title.

posted on Nov, 15 2015 @ 10:20 AM
link   

a reply to: MarioOnTheFly

Not at all. Don't you find the silence of the UFO community of ATS surprising? Here's a real UFO. It came from outer space. We don't know what it is, only that it was probably hollow. And now it's on Earth, in pieces. Yet our forum regulars don't seem to be very interested. You'd think they'd be fascinated.

If I wanted to slip a probe, unnoticed, on to the surface of a planet occupied by an intelligent species with considerable astronomical but only modest spacefaring capabilities, this is exactly how I would do it.

Seems worth discussing to me.

During last 5 years on ATS...I came across at least 4 threads...about things falling from skies. I seem to remember the Nigeria and Brazil steel balls...that turned out to most probably be some kind of tanks from satelites...or something along these lines.

At least the photos for comparison seemed pretty convincing. I thought something like that...and never paid much attention to the case.

These days...only something extraordinary will peek my attention. Lights in the night sky, unidentified objects falling from sky...I just skip those. Mainly because...even if it was something alien in nature...it would never stick. Always easily debunked. The point in the end...is to find something undisputable.

posted on Nov, 15 2015 @ 10:44 AM
link   
a reply to: Astyanax

The fact that you actually referred to it as 'WTF190f'.
Wow.

posted on Nov, 15 2015 @ 09:03 PM
link   

I guess I misunderstood the thread title.

Not the title, just the intent.

posted on Dec, 6 2015 @ 01:40 AM
link   
a reply to: Astyanax

PM waiting

<< 1   >>

join