It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

U.S. flies B-52s near disputed Chinese islands

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 15 2015 @ 06:58 AM
link   
a reply to: OccamsRazor04

Oh dear!
That's a bit rich, labeling others as aggressive warmongers given the long history of US initiated wars of aggression for political and corporate gain.

True, I am anti-war, which in the eyes of the US government, and my own, makes me a homegrown radical threat. Something I am proud to be quite honestly. My own views on war do not make me averse to wishing for the true monsters in our own states being put against a wall and shot, for the sake of humanity.

posted on Nov, 15 2015 @ 10:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: Britguy
Again, why it America's business?
A lot of this right now is a result of the US trying to exert it's own influence in the region and bully everyone else. So why shouldn't China try to exert it's own influence in the region it occupies, to protect it's own interests?

You seem to think the USA is some righteous protector of freedom and democracy, when in fact it's probably the biggest cesspit of corruption, militaristic aggression and destroyer of freedom the planet has ever known.

None of America's business....Guess the U.S. should have applied that philosophy when your teats were in the wringer, in the day...

posted on Nov, 15 2015 @ 02:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: nwtrucker

A lot of this right now is a result of the US trying to exert it's own influence in the region and bully everyone else. So why shouldn't China try to exert it's own influence in the region it occupies, to protect it's own interests?

You seem to think the USA is some righteous protector of freedom and democracy, when in fact it's probably the biggest cesspit of corruption, militaristic aggression and destroyer of freedom the planet has ever known.

None of America's business....Guess the U.S. should have applied that philosophy when your teats were in the wringer, in the day...

Quite quite! yes i vonder how ze british vould had handled speaking ze german ya?

posted on Nov, 15 2015 @ 06:55 PM
link   

Oh dear!
That's a bit rich, labeling others as aggressive warmongers given the long history of US initiated wars of aggression for political and corporate gain.

Who cares what the US has done? What does that have to do with what China is currently doing?

So apparently I was right, you are not anti-War, you are Anti america/west, and are more than happy to let others be warmongers as long as they are enemies of the US.

posted on Nov, 15 2015 @ 06:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: nwtrucker

Exactly, he is not even anti-War .. he wants China to be free to wage war on it's neighbors. He is simply anti-US/west. Just another hater exposed for what they are.

posted on Nov, 16 2015 @ 02:39 AM
link   
a reply to: Britguy

OK, I'm just using your logic here.

Why does a Brit care about the South China Sea? Go worry about your own backyard. Last time I checked there were terrorist attacks in France.
edit on 16/11/15 by C0bzz because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 16 2015 @ 02:56 AM
link   
a reply to: C0bzz

South America must all belong to the USA, the name is proof.

So much logic.

posted on Nov, 16 2015 @ 11:17 PM
link   
You can't really fault the US here...

First it is a major shipping lane in international waters...

China is owed a lot of money and they are making tons off US investments building their military...

Then China wants to flex its muscle? Well guess what the US will still win a pissing contest and is simply reminding them what's what...

posted on Nov, 17 2015 @ 12:42 AM
link   
Oh yay another Hainan Island incident on the cards..The Chinese have had a past of aggressively defending its Airspace along with Naval intercepts.Its not gonna be pretty..

posted on Nov, 17 2015 @ 11:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: Blackfinger
Oh yay another Hainan Island incident on the cards..The Chinese have had a past of aggressively defending its Airspace along with Naval intercepts.Its not gonna be pretty..

For the chinese ships and aircraft who try to do something maybe. They arent that stupid.

posted on Nov, 17 2015 @ 12:29 PM
link   
a reply to: 5StarOracle

An interesting video on Chinese military strength:

www.youtube.com...

posted on Nov, 18 2015 @ 08:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: Blackfinger

The US is not the Philippines with WW2 era ships.

posted on Nov, 18 2015 @ 08:52 PM
link   
a reply to: nwtrucker

Are we intentionally trying to start WWIII? I thought President Obama earned the Noble PEACE prize? Maybe he's not in control of the military.

posted on Nov, 18 2015 @ 09:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust
a reply to: nwtrucker

Are we intentionally trying to start WWIII? I thought President Obama earned the Noble PEACE prize? Maybe he's not in control of the military.

How would the US be starting it and not China? If the US invaded Russia and stole their land and China said "you can't do that" would you claim China started the war?

posted on Nov, 18 2015 @ 10:07 PM
link   

I would say there'd be blame all around, due to immaturity of the involved parties. Not that it would matter much after the war ends.. Until the USA is invaded or attacked, I would simply stay out of the way and focus on fixing problems in our own country first.

posted on Nov, 18 2015 @ 10:19 PM
link   

I would say there'd be blame all around, due to immaturity of the involved parties. Not that it would matter much after the war ends.. Until the USA is invaded or attacked, I would simply stay out of the way and focus on fixing problems in our own country first.

Philippines is an ally, and letting China do what it wants directly impacts US national security.

Why would you blame everyone when it's clear one country is the aggressor and started it? Do you blame England for German attacks in WW2?

posted on Nov, 18 2015 @ 10:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: OccamsRazor04

Philippines is an ally, and letting China do what it wants directly impacts US national security.

Why would you blame everyone when it's clear one country is the aggressor and started it? Do you blame England for German attacks in WW2?

I wouldn't have any "allies" unless they provided the USA with some sort of reciprocal benefit. Most of our allies seem to be money suckers. I don't have friends like that and the USA shouldn't have allies like that, IMO.

This will be my last off-topic post in this thread, OccamsRazor. It tees me off when I see others steer threads off course, so the last thing I want to do is start discussing moral and military generalities in this one. Shows disrespect to the O.P..
Cheers,
-cwm

posted on Nov, 18 2015 @ 10:43 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

The US was actually getting way more out of the alliance, you really don't know what you are talking about. the Us took advantage of the PI for quite a while. The PI is of huge strategic importance to the US.

And it is on topic as it directly deals with this island, which China is using to steal land from the PI.
edit on 18-11-2015 by OccamsRazor04 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 19 2015 @ 03:05 AM
link   
He doesn't speak for the British, just a random mouth breather with a chip on his shoulder like the Grand Canyon who doesn't understand the reason Allies look out for each other!

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join