It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What is clause 4?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 14 2015 @ 07:18 PM
link   
This is probably a dumb question but here goes..

I was thinking of joining some kind of online video diary site today and when i picked one and had a look at their privacy FAQ it said this

Unless we are obliged or permitted by law to do so, and subject to Clause 4, your Data will not be disclosed to third parties. This includes our affiliates and / or other companies within our group.

So i went to the bottom of the page to see what Clause 4 was but couldn't find any reference. So i googled Clause 4 and it seems its in a lot of privacy policies but i just don't know what it means?

posted on Nov, 14 2015 @ 07:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: MrMasterMinder
This is probably a dumb question but here goes..

I was thinking of joining some kind of online video diary site today and when i picked one and had a look at their privacy FAQ it said this

Unless we are obliged or permitted by law to do so, and subject to Clause 4, your Data will not be disclosed to third parties. This includes our affiliates and / or other companies within our group.

So i went to the bottom of the page to see what Clause 4 was but couldn't find any reference. So i googled Clause 4 and it seems its in a lot of privacy policies but i just don't know what it means?

It means they won't share your information unless they receive a legal request and they may or may not require a court order to give it out upon that request.

posted on Nov, 14 2015 @ 07:31 PM
link   
a reply to: reldra

I kind of got that was the idea but where is the document that contains clause 4?

Im probably just overlooking something, i know. lol

edit on 14-11-2015 by MrMasterMinder because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 14 2015 @ 10:08 PM
link   
a reply to: MrMasterMinder
Clause 4 is the movie followup to Clause 3

And,,, "Just in time for the Holiays!"

posted on Nov, 14 2015 @ 10:47 PM
link   
a reply to: grubblesnert

Awesome lol

new topics

top topics

join