It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What's your guilty pleasure?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 14 2015 @ 07:08 PM
link   
I'm a 30 year old professional, educated woman. I love watching WWE wrestling. Don't ask me why, I just love it. I didn't ever really think about how weird that was, because I keep it a secret and only my boyfriend knows. Today at work, some men in the break room were complaining about a sports bar they attended that had a WWE event on the big screens. I asked them if they couldn't get into it, just for the fun of it, especially if they were drinking? They replied with, " It's not even real!", which of course, everyone knows.

Anyways, that's my confession for today. What's the weird thing you enjoy that you don't share with your outside circles? Not too weird, though. Not, like, David Carradine level weird.

posted on Nov, 14 2015 @ 07:12 PM
link   
a reply to: Atsbhct

Hugging cats.

posted on Nov, 14 2015 @ 07:13 PM
link   
a reply to: Bybyots

I think my cats' guilty pleasure is hugging me. He seems pretty ashamed about it.

posted on Nov, 14 2015 @ 07:20 PM
link   

I play Wartune. I love found footage movies. I used to watch the WWE in earlier days. And I am a little older than you are

Just looking around where I sit in my den, I see D&D dice, a sign that says Beware of Zombies, a bookmark of Edward Cullen, a sealed Captain Kirk action figure from Star Trek: The Motion Picture a Queen Amidala mask and a bobblehead of Sam from Supernatural is attatched to the top of my monitor. So, take your pick, lol.

posted on Nov, 14 2015 @ 07:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bybyots

Hugging cats.

I have 2 cats. I talk to them. I let them in and out of my bedroom at all hours of the night as they pad at the door to go in and out.

posted on Nov, 14 2015 @ 07:37 PM
link   
I'd say my geeky pursuits ... but I'm not guilty about them.

The joy I take in the occasional romance novel even though they are all pretty horribly written formulaic shlock.

I collect names. I have entire lists of random last and first names, separated by male and female. Every time I get a new novel, no matter the genre, I an writing down the names to add to my lists. I also have them organized into a table format so I can easily roll up random names off them. I've been collecting since ... um ... high school?

Hearts. I love eating hearts.

posted on Nov, 14 2015 @ 07:40 PM
link   
Too numerous to list.

I'm learning not to feel guilty, though. On Tuesday I turn 57.

posted on Nov, 14 2015 @ 07:41 PM
link   
I watch ghost adventures

posted on Nov, 14 2015 @ 07:54 PM
link   

I stopped feeling guilty for my pleasures long ago.

posted on Nov, 14 2015 @ 07:55 PM
link   
I'm a huge fan of old cartoons. The Fleischer 'Popeye' cartoons are probably my favorite. Chicks don't seem to get it.

posted on Nov, 14 2015 @ 07:57 PM
link   
watching anime and drinking regular full-calorie soda, and partaking of the occasional devil's lettuce.

(>.>)

edit on 14-11-2015 by rukia because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 14 2015 @ 07:57 PM
link   
Insensitive WWII jokes.

posted on Nov, 14 2015 @ 08:00 PM
link   
a reply to: WakeUpBeer

lol me too at times. Same with jokes about 'the Wendy': "You must praise the Wendy, or surely you will die! WendyWendyWendyWendyWendy!!"

Oh, and calling black people, 'Canadians'.

posted on Nov, 14 2015 @ 08:01 PM
link   
a reply to: rukia

I don't get either of those.

edit on 11-14-2015 by WakeUpBeer because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 14 2015 @ 08:08 PM
link   

I know--that's why I posted them. Otherwise they'd be totally offensive.

The first one's a stupid inside joke that isn't even that funny and the one about Canadians is a restaurant industry thing.

posted on Nov, 14 2015 @ 08:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: rukia

I know--that's why I posted them. Otherwise they'd be totally offensive.

The first one's a stupid inside joke that isn't even that funny and the one about Canadians is a restaurant industry thing.

So... what's the industry code for an actual Canadian? Or a black Canadian?

Also, is there a code word for a white person?

posted on Nov, 14 2015 @ 08:22 PM
link   

These are pretty lame for guilty pleasures. How is hugging cats or watching wwe guilty pleasures? To me a guilty pleasure would be something that I do that makes me feel guilty and gives me pleasure, but doesn't really hurt anyone else.

So my guilty pleasures are as follows:

1) I can eat an entire gallon of ice cream in one sitting.
2) I can masturbate 10 times in one day.
3) I can eat an entire dozen of Krispy Kreme donuts in 5 minutes.
4) I can eat a 1lb of Bacon in 10 minutes.
5) I can go to a Chinese buffet and eat for 3 hours.
6) I can do the same at a pizza buffet,
7) I can do the same at a Golden Corral.

posted on Nov, 14 2015 @ 08:34 PM
link   
a reply to: reldra

Just looking around where I sit in my den, I see D&D dice, a sign that says Beware of Zombies, a bookmark of Edward Cullen, a sealed Captain Kirk action figure from Star Trek: The Motion Picture

You are awesome! Really, I mean it.

posted on Nov, 14 2015 @ 08:38 PM
link   
I eat weird stuff, or what some people would call weird. Peanut butter and mayo sandwich? Yep, it's good. Add cheese and it's even better. There are other things but I won't put them here. I'll leave it for you to guess.

posted on Nov, 14 2015 @ 09:04 PM
link   
a reply to: Skid Mark

Yeah, my house has a lot of that too. But those are the geeky things that I don't consider guilty. I long ago decided to just own it.

I have a Yoda car hot wheels on my desk at work, so obviously not too guilty about the geek life.

Geek is great!

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join