It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

2ND Amendment idea: National Militia!

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 15 2015 @ 11:02 AM
link   
This is a great idea. Can they hand out freshly ironed and starched brown shirts for each member?

posted on Nov, 15 2015 @ 11:02 AM
link   
a reply to: ArnoldNonymous

That militia wouldn't last 5 minutes in any constitutional conflict

Just a bunch of rile up citizens running around with guns will just get themselves killed

posted on Nov, 15 2015 @ 11:08 AM
link   
Now don't get down folks. The militia may be able to deputize some of you citizens IF you qualify and go through proper training

posted on Nov, 15 2015 @ 11:46 AM
link   
a reply to: Willtell

This right here demonstrates how your proposition is a seperate governing body. Essentially, the federal government is beholden to your magic militia that you have yet to explain how it's funded, how big it actually would need to be to encompass the mission statement you propose, who would be in charge of it or anything else pertinent to its inception. The only sort of answer you've given to questions like that is "we hire lawyers to figure it out but I'm certain this can all be done". It doesn't appear that you've done an iota of due diligence aside from promoting a treasonous enterprise. How exactly is this mitia going to work? Where does the money come from? What kind of kit will the be given? Who is actually in charge and who does that person answer to?

posted on Nov, 15 2015 @ 12:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: Willtell

originally posted by: MrSpad
What would be the point of this militia? We have active duty military forces, we have ready reserve forces, we have the national guard, we have the inactive ready reserve, we have the retired reserve, we have State Defense Forces, we have auxiliaries like, the Merchant Marine, the Civil Air Patrol, the Coast Guard Auxiliary, the Military Auxiliary Radio System, and we have ROTC units, JROTC units, cadet organizations, and the selective service that encompasses the national militia. What more do you want?

What would this militia do? Militia's have no role in modern combat unless they are fighting other militias. And what would they be doing? They are not law enforcement, they have no use as a military organization, just what would they do? State Defense Forces have faded because they have no mission. What the hell would some half trained underfunded national militia do?

You’re not getting my point.

This is a militia for two primary functions:

To watchdog all those agencies--including the executive branch--you just mentioned and to guard against domestic and international terrorism.

Here me out

What happens when this giant surveillance state becomes too powerful?

The national Militia will be there to safeguard our rights

Folks are always complaining about big government this…big government that

Here is a national militia to watch big government and excessive law enforcement and people are complaining

This is a law that comes directly from the early constitution

What would they do?

They would have the right to investigate the actions of any police agency in the national US

Investigate and guard people and US sovereign property from terrorism

You don’t think the FBI needs help?

They will be like national security guards against potential terror plots often working with the CIA and FBI but having the potential authority to investigate them

They in that regard could have investigated 911 on its own

So you want and organization that has both military and law enforcement capabilities. Something like the SS in WW2 Germany. Where would it gets its funding? It would have to be massive. It's people would need training in law enforcement, local, state, federal laws. It would need a large forensics division. It would need to set up training institutions. I guess would also need some kind para military training. It would need its own electronic intelligence division. Its own under cover division. Its own legal division, a massive administrative division, offices in every state. And it would all have to be full time positions. What you are talking about is combination of DHS , the Department of Justice, and the GAO. It would be a massive, extremely expensive organization. And it would in no way shape or form be a militia. Maybe you should look up the definition of militia?

posted on Nov, 15 2015 @ 12:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: MrSpad
What would be the point of this militia? We have active duty military forces, we have ready reserve forces, we have the national guard, we have the inactive ready reserve, we have the retired reserve, we have State Defense Forces, we have auxiliaries like, the Merchant Marine, the Civil Air Patrol, the Coast Guard Auxiliary, the Military Auxiliary Radio System, and we have ROTC units, JROTC units, cadet organizations, and the selective service that encompasses the national militia. What more do you want?

What would this militia do? Militia's have no role in modern combat unless they are fighting other militias. And what would they be doing? They are not law enforcement, they have no use as a military organization, just what would they do? State Defense Forces have faded because they have no mission. What the hell would some half trained underfunded national militia do?

You’re not getting my point.

This is a militia for two primary functions:

To watchdog all those agencies--including the executive branch--you just mentioned and to guard against domestic and international terrorism.

Here me out

What happens when this giant surveillance state becomes too powerful?

The national Militia will be there to safeguard our rights

Folks are always complaining about big government this…big government that

Here is a national militia to watch big government and excessive law enforcement and people are complaining

This is a law that comes directly from the early constitution

What would they do?

They would have the right to investigate the actions of any police agency in the national US

Investigate and guard people and US sovereign property from terrorism

You don’t think the FBI needs help?

They will be like national security guards against potential terror plots often working with the CIA and FBI but having the potential authority to investigate them

They in that regard could have investigated 911 on its own

So you want and organization that has both military and law enforcement capabilities. Something like the SS in WW2 Germany. Where would it gets its funding? It would have to be massive. It's people would need training in law enforcement, local, state, federal laws. It would need a large forensics division. It would need to set up training institutions. I guess would also need some kind para military training. It would need its own electronic intelligence division. Its own under cover division. Its own legal division, a massive administrative division, offices in every state. And it would all have to be full time positions. What you are talking about is combination of DHS , the Department of Justice, and the GAO. It would be a massive, extremely expensive organization. And it would in no way shape or form be a militia. Maybe you should look up the definition of militia?

posted on Nov, 15 2015 @ 12:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: peter vlar

This right here demonstrates how your proposition is a seperate governing body. Essentially, the federal government is beholden to your magic militia that you have yet to explain how it's funded, how big it actually would need to be to encompass the mission statement you propose, who would be in charge of it or anything else pertinent to its inception. The only sort of answer you've given to questions like that is "we hire lawyers to figure it out but I'm certain this can all be done". It doesn't appear that you've done an iota of due diligence aside from promoting a treasonous enterprise. How exactly is this mitia going to work? Where does the money come from? What kind of kit will the be given? Who is actually in charge and who does that person answer to?

Good lord man its just an idea, I haven’t really worked on it at all other than the brainstorming in this thread.

But many of your doubts are spurious such as calling it treasonous.

The very words are in the constitution " militia"

All these details can be easily ironed out

The concept though is a sublime one and would actually work in helping to keep the country free.

posted on Nov, 15 2015 @ 12:51 PM
link   
a reply to: MrSpad

That’s the price of freedom…I didn’t say this would be cheap

This would be the people’s militia who keeps tabs on all those powerful institutions people fear so much

I don’t get it.
You folks always complain and express fears about tyranny, NWO, Fema camps...etc

This militia would be there to stop that!

BTW I didn’t sat anything about undercover this militia would not do regular criminal or drug stings

It would be to watch the abuse of power of the traditional military and police agencies

As of not they investigate themselves

posted on Nov, 15 2015 @ 12:52 PM
link   

Good lord man its just an idea, I haven’t really worked on it at all other than the brainstorming in this thread.

That much is obvious. Hence me asking questions and attempting to impress upon you the benefits of due diligence.

Just because you are calling it a Militia doesn't mean that legally it will fall under the auspices of such. And what you are advocating for isn't a militia in any way aside from the name you are giving it.

It's a pretty piss poor idea if you haven't exited any of the logistics and can't answer any of the variables

The concept though is a sublime one and would actually work in helping to keep the country free.

But without understanding who's in charge and who they are answerable to, all your doing is attempting to initiate yet another layer of structure which will eventually require its own supervisory militia and on and on. It may be "just an idea" but it's not thought out at all let alone well thought out and you don't seem to grasp the legal ramifications of your proposition either. You insist it's legit because it's says militia in the second amendment but ou are completely redefining the role of a militia to be an armed government watchdog. In the 90's a lot of others had similar ideation. Tim McVeigh is someone who thought like you.

You're so certain of that but can't answer a single question regarding how you plan to finance this, what the internal power structure is, who is in charge, who they answer to, who supplies the kit and the training etc... You simply say "oh we can hire lawyers to figure that out". That's the kind of thing be does BEFORE floating an idea. Due diligence,look it up.

posted on Nov, 15 2015 @ 12:53 PM
link   

It would be to watch the abuse of power of the traditional military and police agencies

And, again. Who watches the watchers?

Now, you say "the SCOTUS", again.
You say that Congress just tells the SCOTUS that they are now to oversee this new police force (because that's really all it is).
edit on 11/15/2015 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 15 2015 @ 01:15 PM
link   
a reply to: peter vlar

This is an excellent idea!

I may consult my congressmen or senator to look into trying to get it enacted or at least studied

We need a militia of the people

We need something to monitor and watch so this country; enacting laws like the patriot act don’t descend the country into a police state further. There almost there already.

The opposition to this idea and the apathy tells me we are already psychologically accepting of a police state mentality

Of course the wrinkles have to be ironed out.

As for financing there are numerous ways that could be done from taxing Wall Street from private donors who want to keep the country free

Amazing we have a lot of rhetoric here but when it comes down to practical ideas to remedy this people shrink into fear and doubt

Creative and bold ideas always meet opposition

posted on Nov, 15 2015 @ 01:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phage

You say that Congress just tells the SCOTUS that they are now to oversee this new police force (because that's really all it is).

It’s NOT a police force.

It wouldn’t be investigating crimes other than anti-constitutional government and police crimes.

It would also be a national force to be a bulwark against terrorism and spree killing type crimes

People are always afraid of new ideas, I understand

posted on Nov, 15 2015 @ 01:38 PM
link   

Then do it.

As many others have noted, you are proposing a militarized police force--or an investigative militia, you're not clear which--with no clear charter, source of funding, regulatory authority, or oversight. You've suggested national and international "certification," but have not clarified who would certify them or under what authority. This is probably the least constitutional idea I've ever seen. Also very wasteful, since we already have organized Federal and state militias, national police forces, inspectors general, etc.

Start ironing.

posted on Nov, 15 2015 @ 01:41 PM
link   

It’s NOT a police force.
Yes, it is:

This is what you said:

Your "militia" would be policing LEO and military. You said it yourself.
www.yourdictionary.com...

It would also be a national force to be a bulwark against terrorism and spree killing type crimes
And that isn't policing?

Afraid? No. Just against adding more government. Which, despite your protests, is exactly what you are suggesting.

posted on Nov, 15 2015 @ 01:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: FurvusRexCaeli

Then do it.

As many others have noted, you are proposing a militarized police force--or an investigative militia, you're not clear which--with no clear charter, source of funding, regulatory authority, or oversight. You've suggested national and international "certification," but have not clarified who would certify them or under what authority. This is probably the least constitutional idea I've ever seen. Also very wasteful, since we already have organized Federal and state militias, national police forces, inspectors general, etc.

Start ironing.

You miss the point entirely

The idea is to counterbalance government police overreach

And as for constitutional, I’ve posted numerous times in this thread alone

A well regulated militia being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed.

Security of a “free state”

Are we going to remain free with all these police organizations and surveillance going on? They investigate themselves!

Who investigates them when they go crazy?

Half the people believe JFK was murdered and 911 was an inside job

The people need a militia for them not another government police agency

ALL these so-called militias you’re talking about are the ones that are not really militias their crime and control agencies having nothing to do with maintaining freedom

Let’s take your so called militias

State troopers: They run people down on highways and give tickets

Go to accidents

Come out and control riots

Police agencies:

Often, as of lately, beat and murder innocent civilians and often cover that up

Arrest citizens for crimes and stop and search

Federal police: IRS agents; Secret Service agents; FBI; Federal police

All of these are 100 percent there to serve and protect the privileges of the federal government…If and when we have a constitutional crises they wouldn’t do a thing to protect anything but the federal government.

To have a national private, non federal institution to watch all these police agencies for abuse makes all the sense in the world

Look at the FBI right now investigating Hillary Clinton

I will bet you that they won’t indict her even if she is guilty and they get sure evidence against her.

posted on Nov, 15 2015 @ 03:41 PM
link   
I know of one county sheriff that has a reserve force of the CCW holders in his county.

On his form for a CCW permit there is a place to volenteer for his reserve force when you get your CCW.

Almost all CCW holders in his county have signed up.

If this is not a county militia i don't understand what would be.

posted on Nov, 15 2015 @ 03:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phage

It’s NOT a police force.

It wouldn’t be investigating crimes other than anti-constitutional government and police crimes.

Because your idea makes no sense. You want them working with the FBI and CIA, investigating the FBI and CIA, investigating local police and then fighting terrorist is for some reason the FBI, DEA, DHS, the National Guard, State and local police are for not enough. And you want to call it a militia. Who do they answer to? Who are they? How are they a militia if they are investing other government agencies? Who funds them? How many of the are their? Who would prosecute their cases? How could you possibly call this a militia? It would be like having a second department of home land security doing the same thing. And again how is this a militia?

posted on Nov, 15 2015 @ 04:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: peter vlar

That much is obvious. Hence me asking questions and attempting to impress upon you the benefits of due diligence.

Just because you are calling it a Militia doesn't mean that legally it will fall under the auspices of such. And what you are advocating for isn't a militia in any way aside from the name you are giving it.

It's a pretty piss poor idea if you haven't exited any of the logistics and can't answer any of the variables

But without understanding who's in charge and who they are answerable to, all your doing is attempting to initiate yet another layer of structure which will eventually require its own supervisory militia and on and on. It may be "just an idea" but it's not thought out at all let alone well thought out and you don't seem to grasp the legal ramifications of your proposition either. You insist it's legit because it's says militia in the second amendment but ou are completely redefining the role of a militia to be an armed government watchdog. In the 90's a lot of others had similar ideation. Tim McVeigh is someone who thought like you.

You're so certain of that but can't answer a single question regarding how you plan to finance this, what the internal power structure is, who is in charge, who they answer to, who supplies the kit and the training etc... You simply say "oh we can hire lawyers to figure that out". That's the kind of thing be does BEFORE floating an idea. Due diligence,look it up.

Sounds like he wants a paramilitary/police unit, funded by the Koch Brothers. Let's have smaller government by calling it private. Obviously an idea that is off the chain.

ETA: Which means he only wants it to support 38% of the US population that identify as conservatives.
edit on 11/15/2015 by BubbaJoe because: Had to look up the numbers

posted on Nov, 15 2015 @ 04:34 PM
link   
a reply to: MrSpad

Militia is just a word.

You could have it doing whatever you want

You’re being too literal

The intent is to be a safeguard against tyranny and terrorism

With many people being uncomfortable with the ongoing and increasing surveillance state and massive mistrust of the police and government as well the terrorism going around and afraid the government might use that to advance tyranny and take away our freedoms, such an idea comes at the perfect time

posted on Nov, 15 2015 @ 04:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: ANNED
I know of one county sheriff that has a reserve force of the CCW holders in his county.

On his form for a CCW permit there is a place to volenteer for his reserve force when you get your CCW.

Almost all CCW holders in his county have signed up.

If this is not a county militia i don't understand what would be.

This does not sound like a good idea to me, feds investigate him for anything, they have a ready list of where they might need to go to gather up the guns in the county.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join