It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

To All the Christians Out There!

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 17 2015 @ 11:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: Phantom423
Jesus was born a Jew and died a Jew. He was a rabbi of the Malkhut Beit David - the House of David.

The life of Jesus was hijacked in the most notorious incident of identity theft and emerged as the "Christian" god.

Jesus didn't invent "Christianity" and never suggested that another religion should take the place of traditional Judaism.

Identity theft. That's the foundation of Christianity.

Got some hard proof on that or is it just your opinion? jesus was a hebrew.

posted on Nov, 17 2015 @ 02:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: yuppa

Jesus was born a Jew and died a Jew. He was a rabbi of the Malkhut Beit David - the House of David.

The life of Jesus was hijacked in the most notorious incident of identity theft and emerged as the "Christian" god.

Jesus didn't invent "Christianity" and never suggested that another religion should take the place of traditional Judaism.

The word "Jew" comes from the Latin word “Judaeus” meaning “Judean” or “from the land of Judea.” The word “Hebrew” is used to refer to a descendant of Abraham. Jesus was both.

The word "Jew" is used primarily when referring to religion or culture. The word "Hebrew" is actually the language.

But Jesus was a Jew and a Hebrew. His primary language was Aramaic.

edit on 17-11-2015 by Phantom423 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 17 2015 @ 04:49 PM
link   

The word "Jew" comes from the Latin word “Judaeus” meaning “Judean” or “from the land of Judea.” The word “Hebrew” is used to refer to a descendant of Abraham. Jesus was both.

The word "Jew" is used primarily when referring to religion or culture. The word "Hebrew" is actually the language.

I still didnt see any proof though of the other thing you claimed. Christianity is another branch in the same tree in most peoples view though.

posted on Nov, 17 2015 @ 06:40 PM
link   

I still didnt see any proof though of the other thing you claimed. Christianity is another branch in the same tree in most peoples view though.

Not really. Jesus never thought of himself as the Messiah. And neither did his Apostles. The articles below are from religious and archeological scholars.

The following "facts" about Jesus would be affirmed by most history scholars, Borg said:

Jesus was born sometime just before 4 B.C. He grew up in Nazareth, a small village in Galilee, as part of the peasant class.

Jesus' father was a carpenter and he became one, too, meaning that they had likely lost their agricultural land at some point.

Jesus was raised Jewish and he remained deeply Jewish all of his life. His intention was not to create a new religion. Rather, he saw himself as doing something within Judaism.

He left Nazareth as an adult, met the prophet John and was baptized by John. During his baptism, Jesus likely experienced some sort of divine vision.

Shortly afterwards, Jesus began his public preaching with the message that the world could be transformed into a "Kingdom of God."

He became a noted healer, teacher and prophet. More healing stories are told about Jesus than about any other figure in the Jewish tradition.

He was executed by Roman imperial authority.

His followers experienced him after his death. It is clear that they had visions of Jesus as they had known him during his historical life. Only after his death did they declare Jesus to be "Lord" or "the Son of God."

www.livescience.com...

edit on 17-11-2015 by Phantom423 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 17 2015 @ 06:41 PM
link   
a reply to: yuppa

And then there's this:

In the New Testament, Jesus only preaches to a Jewish audience. Geza Vermes describes the mission of the 11 apostles to preach to “all the nations” (Matthew 28:19) as a “‘post-Resurrection’ idea.” After the crucifixion, the apostles began to champion a new faith in Jesus and the ranks of the Jesus movement (known as “the Way” at the time) swelled to 3,000 Jewish converts. At first, these followers were distinctly Jewish, following Mosaic law, Temple traditions and dietary customs.

Geza Vermes writes that “Acts identifies the demographic watershed regarding the composition of the Jesus movement. It began around 40 C.E. with the admission into the church of the family of the Roman centurion Cornelius in Caesarea (Acts 10). Later came the gentile members of the mixed Jewish-Greek church in Antioch (Acts 11:19–24; Galatians 2:11–14), as well as the many pagan converts of Paul in Syria, Asia Minor and Greece. With them the Jewish monopoly in the new movement came to an end. Jewish and gentile Christianity was born.”

www.biblicalarchaeology.org...

posted on Nov, 17 2015 @ 06:42 PM
link   

Program on npr.org:

During his lifetime, Jesus himself didn't call himself God and didn't consider himself God, and ... none of his disciples had any inkling at all that he was God.

www.npr.org...

posted on Nov, 17 2015 @ 06:49 PM
link   
and if you take the Christian name for god. I am and the muslim name ali then what do you get?

posted on Nov, 18 2015 @ 11:37 AM
link   

And then there's this:

In the New Testament, Jesus only preaches to a Jewish audience. Geza Vermes describes the mission of the 11 apostles to preach to “all the nations” (Matthew 28:19) as a “‘post-Resurrection’ idea.” After the crucifixion, the apostles began to champion a new faith in Jesus and the ranks of the Jesus movement (known as “the Way” at the time) swelled to 3,000 Jewish converts. At first, these followers were distinctly Jewish, following Mosaic law, Temple traditions and dietary customs.

Geza Vermes writes that “Acts identifies the demographic watershed regarding the composition of the Jesus movement. It began around 40 C.E. with the admission into the church of the family of the Roman centurion Cornelius in Caesarea (Acts 10). Later came the gentile members of the mixed Jewish-Greek church in Antioch (Acts 11:19–24; Galatians 2:11–14), as well as the many pagan converts of Paul in Syria, Asia Minor and Greece. With them the Jewish monopoly in the new movement came to an end. Jewish and gentile Christianity was born.”

www.biblicalarchaeology.org...

Epehsians2:11-22 reconsiles jews and gentiles into the same family though. also your above is incomplete.

posted on Nov, 18 2015 @ 01:01 PM
link   

Not sure what you mean - I explained that Jews and Hebrews are essentially the same. Your question was about my original comment that Jesus never intended to form a new religion. I answered that question. He did not.
I don't know what "Ephesians" is - I presume it's a New Testament text.

posted on Nov, 18 2015 @ 05:24 PM
link   

Not sure what you mean - I explained that Jews and Hebrews are essentially the same. Your question was about my original comment that Jesus never intended to form a new religion. I answered that question. He did not.
I don't know what "Ephesians" is - I presume it's a New Testament text.

AHH ok. now i got ya. I wasnt getting it till you explained what you was meaning then. Well a s to jesus now wanting to form a relgion he didnt say he wanted to start another one true,and i assume God and him both knew it would just evolve on its own actually so why start a new one when it will just evolve and branch out. SO its not liek identity theft its more like evolution and speciation. Now the ROMANS Catholic church though.... they are confusing.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join