It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"I'm mad Paris is getting attention and I'm not!" #mizzou #pityme #victim

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 15 2015 @ 10:32 AM
link   
#Mizzou is so much more of a bigger issue than 129 dead and 350 injured. That poor black professional student that has been in college for 8 years and who dad makes 8.5 million per year, my heart goes out to him with his 8 day hunger strike. The KKK in their ignorance must be running around the college with AKs too. Just remember that Blacks do not hate whites, only whites hate blacks and once everyone believes that we can finally feel, just don't go to any ghetto, black or white, until everyone is fully healed.

edit on 15-11-2015 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 15 2015 @ 10:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: Mindsack
This thread sounds like a bunch of self righteous privileged people who've never faced any kind of adversity or racism thinking that they are better than the average black american living in a state with a known KKK presence in it's police and government.

posted on Nov, 15 2015 @ 10:47 AM
link   
a reply to: hounddoghowlie

I often think of this part of that episode.. It had to be someone like MLK to tell them, these fools would probably start microaggressing Jesus if he tried.. not black enough probably.

What vacuous idiots.. I don't know.. how long can this madness continue to worsen? I'm afraid everybody will become so mad that no one could differentiate between up and down.. I mean this stuff beggars belief. What if this trend continued for 30 more years without major opposition. These kids would run the country, how much worse would the students of that future administration be? Is stupidity endless? How far can social engineering and normalization of madness be taken?

Luckily I think these morons are inviting their own doom and overreaching.. this vain entitlement is disgusting and I hope sanity prevails and people recognise that.

posted on Nov, 15 2015 @ 10:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: crazyewok

originally posted by: Mindsack
This thread sounds like a bunch of self righteous privileged people who've never faced any kind of adversity or racism thinking that they are better than the average black american living in a state with a known KKK presence in it's police and government.

Twice!

LOL, good one!

posted on Nov, 15 2015 @ 10:54 AM
link   
a reply to: poncho1982

Well its true.

You cant say Blacks are oppressed when the most important freaking job in the country is held by a black man!

posted on Nov, 15 2015 @ 11:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: Jonjonj
Or you could wish the kids were better educated, I don't know really, what do you think?

The other day I was giving a black co-worker a ride home. On our way out of the neighborhood we were working in, we passed a white lady with a black lady riding in the passenger's seat of her car.

My co-worker turns to me and condescendingly says "Looks like she's got herself a housekeeper".

Think about that for a minute... some things just can't be taught. And the scary part is that this guy had just voted the day before.

edit on 15-11-2015 by Bone75 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 15 2015 @ 11:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bone75

originally posted by: Jonjonj
Or you could wish the kids were better educated, I don't know really, what do you think?

The other day I was giving a black co-worker a ride home. On our way out of the neighborhood we were working in, we passed a white lady with a black lady riding in the passenger's seat of her car.

My co-worker turns to me and condescendingly says "Looks like she's got herself a housekeeper".

Think about that for a minute... some things can't be taught.

Isn't that ironic? Considering your coworker was riding with someone (whom I'm assuming) is of a different race.

This is the problem today. That their mind went there immediately.

Must be a housekeeper. No way they could be friends, or COWORKERS sharing a ride. Right?

Who's to blame for them thinking that way? Society? Racism?

No, it's the person or people that taught them to think like that.

posted on Nov, 15 2015 @ 11:43 AM
link   
As a MIZZOU alumni, I am embarrassed by this nonsense at MIZZOU. All of these kids have an opportunity to get an education. I am pretty sure there is not systemic racism at MIZZOU. I am pretty sure there are a bunch of college kids doing the usual stuff.

When I was there, I was on the police force. There was a group protesting apartheid. The University President asked us one night to tear down the shantytown and arrest them all because it was an eyesore. I think by the time we got there, most of the protestors were bored with the whole thing and they all left, we hauled all the trash away and nothing happened. Today, I am pretty sure all of us on the police force would have been hounded for our lives. When in fact, other than two or three of the people there arguing with us, nothing happened.

I know several of the professors at MIZZOU and they want to make it an elite learning institution. In recent years, the admission standards have been raised and they have forced out a lot of low performing students. One of those low performing students was my daughter. I am not protesting that. I have told her it is a life lesson. You either perform at this level or you do not. I didn't scream I was discriminated against because I am an upper middle class white guy and it isn't fair you kicked my daughter out of school....Sheeshhh, its college, its competitive, it should be fun and it should force you to learn life lessons, not whine.

posted on Nov, 15 2015 @ 12:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: poncho1982
Isn't that ironic? Considering your coworker was riding with someone (whom I'm assuming) is of a different race.

That's exactly what I thought. And yes I'm a white guy (half Apache + half Scottish = White for all intents and purposes these days... more irony for you). I couldn't even form a proper response, all I could do was shake my head in utter disbelief.

Who's to blame for them thinking that way? Society? Racism?

Its their own inferiority complex. I wonder if the black lady turned to the white lady and said "Looks like he's got him a little helper."

edit on 15-11-2015 by Bone75 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 15 2015 @ 12:36 PM
link   
nothing against going to college.. but i never went and worked on my own businesses..I feel college is MOSTLY a place to go and train so someone rich can hire you... these kids think they know oppression and stress now lol i cant wait to see when they graduate and have to ACTUALLY SLAVE for someone and a career AND paying all that money to those teachers.. wonder if this whole thing is a way for the colleges to take the focus off what kind of debt these kids are racking up.. u know.. make them your freind THEN bill them.once they are gone.

posted on Nov, 15 2015 @ 01:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: KaDeCo
The Mizzou protesters are angry at the media coverage shifting from their fabric ated racial inequality pity-party to the people who were killed in Paris in the most recent terrorist attacks. I wasn't going to say anything, but this is absolutely outlandish. How DARE those dead French people steal the spotlight from their perceived racial disparity? How dare the media focus on more important matters of world affairs rather than spoiled selfish students?

This is just pathetic on every level.

[profanity removed]

Source

This is the face of higher learning in this country? Sure. I understand if you're not on the support Paris bandwagon. I get it if you think that this is a western created problem. I understand the concerns for refugees, racism, and the European culture. The opinions of everything involved in the Middle East that makes it a topic that splits people's opinions. But these students protesting that their protest isn't getting spotlight media coverage after hearing about their crying over swastika poop for days and days non-stop. This is the epitome of arrogance, selfishness, and sociopathic entitlement. I am tired of being 'quiet' about it because it might 'offend' someone.

I am chaste, because I give zero f###s if they are offended anymore.

This social justice rampage is stupid. They need to grow up.

(EDIT: No. I do not want them silenced or censored. I am GLAD they are exposing their ignorant vitriol through every arrogant tweet they post. Let them scream it from the roofs of their colleges.)

edit on Sat Nov 14 2015 by DontTreadOnMe because: Mod Note: Do Not Evade the Automatic Censors

I'm an ally, liberal, and have been involved in social justice movements in the past, even professionally. But even I'm becoming disgusted with where social justice warriors and the more extreme elements are taking it.

posted on Nov, 15 2015 @ 01:38 PM
link   

a reply to: amazing

And some more:

Assuming that all of the racism noted by students occurred, in no way shape or form did the 3-4 incidents of racism recently on the campus equal 150 people being slaughtered in Paris, sorry kids...

posted on Nov, 15 2015 @ 01:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: WeRpeons
a reply to: KaDeCo

These are supposed to be college students? You would think they would know the importance of what's happening in Paris and how it can affect us here at home and throughout the world. Hello, get your heads out of your backsides and stop being so self-centered!! News Flash!!! The world doesn't revolve around you! You would think a step up from high school would make them a little more mature and intelligent. NOT!

Well one problem with the social justice movement I have noted is that they often (with exceptions) seem to have little understanding of GLOBAL realities, history, oppression, etc, and hence often come across as if only racial and historical issues in the US are real or are reflective of all other countries.

This is why they will say things like "Only white people have ever had the power to be racist or to oppress other peoples," because in the US that is more true than let's say in India or parts of Africa.

posted on Nov, 15 2015 @ 01:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: Metallicus

originally posted by: PhyllidaDavenport
Here's the item that I read
Missouri President Apologises

On a side note can someone tell me why they are referred to as African-Americans still? Surely in this illuminated 21st century they are simply American? Why is it that people lately are feeling the need to differentiate themselves and opt for self-segrregation?

Because it is useful for the Government to keep people divided and unhappy. It makes us easier to control.

We don't often agree, but on this I do tend to agree with you.

Racism is a real thing both in the past and present, and many minorities have legitimate grievances. However, many of us believe that the elite also use and manipulate real issues to divide people and keep them from united around class issues and exploitation of virtually everyone but the 1%.

I want to be clear that there are more so called social justice people than many on ATS would think who suspect all of this. Me, for one. Several of my friends who have been involved also have confided this privately.
edit on 15-11-2015 by Quetzalcoatl14 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 15 2015 @ 02:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: Quetzalcoatl14

The Mizzou protesters are angry at the media coverage shifting from their fabric ated racial inequality pity-party to the people who were killed in Paris in the most recent terrorist attacks. I wasn't going to say anything, but this is absolutely outlandish. How DARE those dead French people steal the spotlight from their perceived racial disparity? How dare the media focus on more important matters of world affairs rather than spoiled selfish students?

This is just pathetic on every level.

[profanity removed]

Source

This is the face of higher learning in this country? Sure. I understand if you're not on the support Paris bandwagon. I get it if you think that this is a western created problem. I understand the concerns for refugees, racism, and the European culture. The opinions of everything involved in the Middle East that makes it a topic that splits people's opinions. But these students protesting that their protest isn't getting spotlight media coverage after hearing about their crying over swastika poop for days and days non-stop. This is the epitome of arrogance, selfishness, and sociopathic entitlement. I am tired of being 'quiet' about it because it might 'offend' someone.

I am chaste, because I give zero f###s if they are offended anymore.

This social justice rampage is stupid. They need to grow up.

(EDIT: No. I do not want them silenced or censored. I am GLAD they are exposing their ignorant vitriol through every arrogant tweet they post. Let them scream it from the roofs of their colleges.)

edit on Sat Nov 14 2015 by DontTreadOnMe because: Mod Note: Do Not Evade the Automatic Censors

I'm an ally, liberal, and have been involved in social justice movements in the past, even professionally. But even I'm becoming disgusted with where social justice warriors and the more extreme elements are taking it.

You should be disgusted. These students are making a mockery of all legitimate social justice movements which came before them... and, ironically, their actions are diminishing the impact of any legitimate ones which may come after.

Essentially, those who are dumbing down THIS movement..are 'dumbing down' the idea and perception of social justice itself.
edit on 15-11-2015 by IAMTAT because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 15 2015 @ 04:08 PM
link   
They are confused again, seems equality over the last 50yrs have made blacks forget that its a new phenomenon for white folks. In Kenya more people have died than Paris, but no one in western media is talking about it because they are not white, other Arab nations just got bombarded with higher death tolls than Paris, no talk either because they aren't white. I mean come on people, European refugees claiming racial discrimination in ww2 came to the US and drank from the white fountain with more rights than the black citizens. What makes black think the whites will care more about them than whites from Europe, lol silly blacks WLM more than yours in any situation.

posted on Nov, 15 2015 @ 04:14 PM
link   
a reply to: KaDeCo

If your OP is premised on a "tweet" by someone named "Peaches&Honey" ..

Your OP is desperately sucky...

Nothing personal...just my 2 cents..

posted on Nov, 15 2015 @ 04:18 PM
link   
They sure aren't doing themselves any favours or winning any kind of support..other than from professional victims. Playing the I'm a bigger victim than you is a losers game and it's pathetic..going as planned I guess.

posted on Nov, 15 2015 @ 04:23 PM
link   
a reply to: Mizzijr

No, peasant lives do not matter. Black or white.

There's no cotton left to pick, physical labor is redundant, secret shifts in politics..

To some.. people are superfluous. There are societies on this planet that are completely autonomous and self-sufficient.. they could survive a Mad Max scenario. Ordinary people could not.. The useless eaters are expendable, and could even be perceieved as a threat to the planet.

This black lives matter stuff is only a diversion at best, and this mizzou crap and this reaction is mental illness masquerading as activism and awareness, at best...

posted on Nov, 15 2015 @ 04:26 PM
link   
Yes...it is sick, disgusting and ignorant. Exactly what we should all expect from a group like this. These kids are our future? Kill me now.

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10 >>

join