It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is it possible to put out the sun?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 14 2015 @ 06:14 PM
link   
Throw iron at it! Iron kills stars!

posted on Nov, 14 2015 @ 06:16 PM
link   
Well you certainly do make some unique threads. : )

You do realize the sun is made of gasses? Mostly Hydrogen, but so hot/dense much of it is plasma.

Unless someone like you manages to actually put it out, some day it might simply explode,(go supernova) eeeek, or burn itself out.

This is something you definitely don't want to think about. Nope. Not now, not ever.
edit on 11/14/2015 by ladyinwaiting because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 14 2015 @ 07:47 PM
link   
I don't know what country you are in, but your educational system (especially Science) is very sad. a reply to: lamplighters

posted on Nov, 14 2015 @ 09:21 PM
link   
a reply to: NowWhat

I asked Cleverbot:

User: How do you put out the sun?

Cleverbot: With my mouth, tongue, voice box and throat.

User: Will you swallow the sun?

Cleverbot: If I pull out a mirror yes.

User: What do you mean by that?

Cleverbot: How do you pick out cute clothes to wear?

User: How big of a mirror do you need?

Cleverbot: Mental.

User: Meaning just think about a mirror and not have one for real?

Cleverbot: Oh, very funny, smart alec! Just answer the question!

posted on Nov, 14 2015 @ 09:29 PM
link   
As mentioned before i think , you would have to put the sun out at night when it is not so hot . As for the atmosphere escaping , well that's just silly .

posted on Nov, 14 2015 @ 11:39 PM
link   
a reply to: lamplighters

It may be that matter including the SUN is vulnerable to a type of wave of beam that would be emitted at certain frequencie's, not a radio wave but something that I shall try to explain.

Image time as a streight horizontal line and the present is seen as a THIN disc on any give point on that line moving along it, now note the disc is not two dimensional but has a third dimension of depth adding some volume and making it appear thin rather than infinitely thin.

Expand this depth and look at it, notice how time is spread out so a point in time is expanded and then imagine matter as a wave rather than a fixed solid that moves along with this time base in synchronisation with what we see as the present, now note that this wave is complex and made up of many sub harmonic waves that add and combine to create matter as we percieve it.

It is therefore potentially possible to create a inverse of some or even all of these individual sub harmonic wave's but it has to used a time based emitter with a third dimension in time (relative to it's time base or fourth dimension to our normal and limited view of the universe), emitting this counter wave that would neutralise one of the harmonics would cause the matter to evaporate and dissipate back over the time base of the universe (in other words it would seem to disolved as the sub molecular bond's and stability of the sub atomic particles litteraly unravelled - no massive release of energy it would simply be redistributed to the superfield that the universe is made of were matter is just bunched up superfield rippled moving along in synchronisation with the time base of our own present - of course there may be many seperate waves running along the same time base seeming to be different universe but actually the same universe but outside our own present - not alternative realitys or parralel realitys but asynchonous realitys).

Such an emitter that may require only a small energy could perhaps destroy a planet, a star or even a galaxy by dissipating it's matter, a small low intensity device could clean up radiation by disipating the matter that makes the radioactive waist.

But is humanity sane or sensible enough to ever use this technology?, I and other's think not, at least not yet as they have a lot of development to go in there intellectual and emotional evolution.

It is worth noting that there may be a reality/present ahead of our own that is not our future but a different reality but we still recycle that same time as we pass over it and any waist or disruption to it caused by the preceeding present and also there may be presents behind our own on that time base that have to inherit anything that fall's form our own reality by having it's time base aysnchronised somehow.
edit on 14-11-2015 by LABTECH767 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 15 2015 @ 12:07 AM
link   
I think it is possible to put out the sun with enough water, but the issue is getting there without killing yourself.

I suggest going there in the Winter season cause it will be cold and the fire would be weak.

posted on Nov, 16 2015 @ 07:44 AM
link   
a reply to: lamplighters

It should be noted that the photons that are streaming from the surface of the sun today were most likely the result of fusion reactions deep in the sun that occurred perhaps 100,000 years ago -- or even much longer.

It can take that long for a photon to find its way out of the Sun once it is created in that fusion reaction inside the sun.

edit on 11/16/2015 by Soylent Green Is People because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 16 2015 @ 07:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: lamplighters
Hello, this is a serious metaphorical question

Lets imagine you were above the sun, with enough water, could you put it out?
How much water would be needed

What would happen, would the sun just dissapear or evaporate

Please dont attack me of course im not really thinking of doing it, but out of the box thinking like this brings new ideas to go forward.

Mr. Burns figured it out just fine. Excellent.
edit on 16-11-2015 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 16 2015 @ 09:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
I suppose you could build a giant shield that would rotate between the earth and the sun creating something like a permanent eclipse ... that would effectively put out the sun, too.

I had an old sci-fi book where aliens did that to the earth.

Simpsons did it.

posted on Nov, 17 2015 @ 04:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: swanne

originally posted by: deadeyedick

but you said atmosphere has no weight

Huh? No, I said it has weight! Atmosphere has pressure, thus it has weight. Otherwise it would just fly off and disperse into space.

I see now that you did. srry I read wrong but now it seems that a space station with artificial gravity would not need walls to hold the oxy in?

posted on Nov, 18 2015 @ 06:17 PM
link   

it seems that a space station with artificial gravity would not need walls to hold the oxy in?

You could, in theory. In practice, though, you'd need a pretty powerful artificial gravity generator do it with gravity alone.

Even the entire mass of the Moon is not heavy enough to hold oxygen.

edit on 18-11-2015 by swanne because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 19 2015 @ 10:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: swanne

but you said atmosphere has no weight

Huh? No, I said it has weight! Atmosphere has pressure, thus it has weight. Otherwise it would just fly off and disperse into space.

I see now that you did. srry I read wrong but now it seems that a space station with artificial gravity would not need walls to hold the oxy in?

I think a ring space station that creates artificial gravity through spinning a ring, and the the centrifugal forces pushing on the inside "floor" of that ring could theoretically have no roof.

However, I would also think that the walls would need to be high enough to create a column of air with enough pressure to hold itself down, including the consideration that the air column will get thinner and thinner (becoming a near vacuum as it thins) as it reaches the top of the walls.

Those space station walls would bee to be very high, though, meaning the diameter of the space station itself would be enormous.

edit on 11/19/2015 by Soylent Green Is People because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join