It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I hated x-mas

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 14 2015 @ 02:57 PM
link   
When i was growing up, i never understood why i got gifts on x-mas eve. All the stories we are taught made no sense.. So years passed and every christmas, i just grew more annoyed.. Until one x-mas i told, my mom and dad.. Isnt the most important thing that we share a whole day, and give gifts to the one who needs it the most.. And they looked at me, thinking ive gone insane.. And i said do we really need all of this.. Cant we just give instead of getting anything in return.. My mom a devouted Christian, i said what did Jesus Christ teach. My dad a atheist, i asked have you forgotten what humanity means.. And then i said, i hate the x-mas we are taught to enjoy.. It feels so empty when i go home..
And the next x-mas we all stood, made food that lasted for a few days.. We went outside, and said to those we saw sitting in the winter cold.. This is for you, merry x-mas.. A hot meal, is all i can give.. Please..

And the smile, is what to many of us have forgotten in this day and age.. And we went home, enjoyed a small meal and enjoyed the company..
edit on 20151411 by rajas because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 15 2015 @ 09:26 AM
link   
a reply to: rajas

Very nice story. A smile and a warm, full belly is better than anything. I smile at everyone I see.. Everyone.
I might look like I'm just a lil insane smiling ear to ear while walking through a store but I just know of someone that decided not to end their life after a random stranger gave them a smile.
Christmas is about giving to the people in need. And not giving people what they want. I can't stand this holiday what so ever. But I enjoy it for my son. We try to give. We donate but I feel that's not enough. There's a soup kitchen downtown we can volunteer at, which we are going to do this year with my dad.
But see then I think I need to be volunteering more at the soup kitchen and not just during holiday seasons.. They are in need all year round. And I'm a selfish being for not helping when I can.

posted on Nov, 15 2015 @ 11:43 AM
link   
a reply to: natalia

The best x-mas ive ever had was when we took away the gifts from each other..

join