It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Predictive Military Analysis Coming True in Europe: The Paris Attacks

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 14 2015 @ 01:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: Shamrock6

originally posted by: intrptr

There will come a time when Europe is going to have to pull their heads out of their collective asses. I don't know how many more Paris attacks need to take place to make it happen, but as it stands Europe is on the brink of a major war they are in no way prepared to fight.

You've been warned... Twice now.

So, soldiers on every corner with automatic rifles and bayonets fixed. Checkpoints, round ups, guards searching everyone at every venue TSA style .

No thanks.

Your legs must be tired of that enormous leap you just made.

One of the most over the top hyperbolic comments I've seen in a while.

Your a cop. How could you ever see any different than more police and more laws to protect the people?

By the way, Paris today...

posted on Nov, 14 2015 @ 01:56 PM
link   
a reply to: Cobaltic1978

7 dudes killing over 120 people, with over 400 wounded, 99 of whom are in critical condition is "amateurish?"

Yea, sure sounds like "the JV team" to me.

posted on Nov, 14 2015 @ 01:58 PM
link   
Isn't anyone looking at the bigger picture here?

This is now bait for Europeans and, I dare say, America to go 'carte blache' bombing in Syria, especially seeing as, as per usual, all the 'perps' had their passports conveniently on them, or next to them.

Who is going to care now if a Russian or two is killed in the aftermath, after all we lost over 100, right?

With people over-reacting to such extremes these days I can see this kicking off a MAJOR problem. If the retaliation comes in the form on "let's attack Syria" we have a very very dangerous situation on our hands. Just in time for Christmas......

I don't see this ending well, I feel for the victims of this attack but we MUST be level headed here. What exactly is Europe supposed to fight here? Itself? Terrorism? How do you fight an emotion?

Conventional fighting is dead, buried. With this mass exodus from Syria and borders being a free for all, the new fighting will be contained, local and small scale. Many more people will die because, and they'll never admit this (the police) - there's simply nothing you can do to stop it, minus rounding up ethnic groups - Japanese Americas anyone?

We should have tried to re-educated these fanatical people earlier. Or tried harder not to kill so many of their children....This world's a hot mess, and for those who wanted it to burn, I hope you're happy, it's about to.
edit on 11/10/2012 by Joneselius because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 14 2015 @ 02:01 PM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

By acting on intelligence as its received.

But then again, any time a terror plot is stopped, ATS comes out in droves to label it all a setup and the suspects to be patsies and fall-guys so....I don't suppose you actually want an answer do you? Literally nothing you've said is needed to stop terror plots before they take place. Many members of ATS just refuse to believe it can actually be done without the over the top crap you're spouting.

And seriously, trying to use a city that just suffered a massive terrorist attack less than 24 hours ago having police and military deployed is utterly ridiculous dude. You're trying to use that, people being deployed immediately following an event, to support your argument that it's the only way to stop it from happening? That's as big a jump as your first comment.

posted on Nov, 14 2015 @ 02:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: projectvxn

Yeah, I know. However, it still wouldn't have made one bit of difference.

Yes it would have. If the EU took its military intelligence, readiness, and funding seriously that is.

This was a small unit ready to die for whatever their cause is and it was carried out imo, rather amateurish.

Your opinion on this is ridiculous. Amateurish? What exactly did you think their goals were? Terrorists try to inflict as much death and mayhem as possible. Killing 130 people and injuring more than 300 is NOT amateurish. It's exactly what was intended.

The two so called suicide bombers outside the Stade de France set their suicide bombs off far too early and thankfully not much devastation.

In a city with hundreds of thousands on the streets, it could have been much much worse.

The poor souls in the theatre were trapped, with really nowhere to go.

I am not taking anything away from the death of a single person, I'm saying it could have been far far worse.

posted on Nov, 14 2015 @ 02:04 PM
link   

a reply to: Nikola014

Europe did this to themselves for allowing Syrian fighters to enter the EU as "refugees". It is a predictable consequence of misguided policy toward the Middle East.

Europe did not allow refugees into the EU. Europe, and most people agreed, took it as their duty as human beings to give safe refuge to the people who were suffering.
Please notice the word people, it means they are the same species as the rest of us "fortunate ones".
Sadly, and to be honest not entirely unexpectedly, refuge may no longer be given to those who need it.
Just like at school, everyone gets punished for the sins of the idiot.

posted on Nov, 14 2015 @ 02:04 PM
link   

7 dudes killing over 120 people, with over 400 wounded, 99 of whom are in critical condition is "amateurish?"

Most of the deaths occurred in the confined space of a theatre, sitting ducks.

posted on Nov, 14 2015 @ 02:05 PM
link   

I found it a poor choice of words on your part.

They did exactly as much damage as they were going to.

We should be careful not to continue to underestimate these people. One day they are going to hit Europe or the US with something we won't be able to recover from so easily.

Please keep in mind that even though the Western world isn't in the War mentality, Islamic Extremists are.

posted on Nov, 14 2015 @ 02:06 PM
link   
a reply to: Jonjonj

Europe did not allow refugees into the EU. Europe, and most people agreed, took it as their duty as human beings to give safe refuge to the people who were suffering.
Please notice the word people, it means they are the same species as the rest of us "fortunate ones".
Sadly, and to be honest not entirely unexpectedly, refuge may no longer be given to those who need it.

No one should be let into a nation without being vetted. No one.

posted on Nov, 14 2015 @ 02:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: Cobaltic1978

Most of the deaths occurred in the confined space of a theatre, sitting ducks.

Which changes exactly what? Not a damn thing. They're terrorists. They weren't looking for a military base to attack where people might shoot back. They were looking to kill as many people as possible.

So again I'll ask what does the fact that they hit a theater and killed over 100 people in one place change about them being "amateurs?" Seems like a pretty solid target selection to me.

posted on Nov, 14 2015 @ 02:10 PM
link   
Well I'm off to go get some range training.

I'll be back to answer posts in a few hours.

posted on Nov, 14 2015 @ 02:10 PM
link   
a reply to: projectvxn

Saying that the western world does not have a war mentality is far from the truth. Have you looked into our history? We practically have war genes.

What we should do as a whole is for the governments to stop messing around and assisting and arming terrorists and put aside all of our differences and destroy the ISIS lunatics. So we stop the killings of not just the western citizens, but everyone, because what happened yesterday in Paris, happens regularly in the ME.

edit on 14-11-2015 by Nikola014 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 14 2015 @ 02:11 PM
link   

But the balance point surely must be to try to help rather than to ignore, if not then we should simply bomb those who disagree by nuclear weapons.
Are we not human?

posted on Nov, 14 2015 @ 02:11 PM
link   

Two points.

Your OP was good but your forgetting something.

The Europeans are not being progressive as they coddle terrorist. If they were progressive they wouldn’t be doing austerity.

There following a well defined and proscribed agenda and Merkel part is to accept the Arab immigrants that NATOs destruction of Arab regimes has wrought.

The price for that is that Merkel didn’t have to have troops in this operation

posted on Nov, 14 2015 @ 02:27 PM
link   

Oh I'm sorry what would you have me do personally then? Arm my children? Join the military? Train in self defence in case my local curry delivery guy slaps me with a chupatti? Fly to Syria armed with my best kitchen knives?

A lot on here go on and on about the Europeans inaction but fail absolutely to say just what we little people on the ground are supposed to do....we are not in control...never have been never will be....Goverments pretend to listen just like they pretend its a democracy. We know different. We can only trust that those we voted as leaders will actually lead in the right direction. All civil protest and rights have been nicely eroded over the years certainly here in the UK as a result of the IRA years and later terrorist attacks we have been hamstrung by bureaucracy criminalisation & legiislation.

posted on Nov, 14 2015 @ 02:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: Nikola014

Saying that the western world does not have a war mentality is far from the truth. Have you looked into our history? We practically have war genes.

What we should do as a whole is for the governments to stop messing around and assisting and arming terrorists and put aside all of our differences and destroy the ISIS lunatics. So we stop the killings of not just the western citizens, but everyone, because what happened yesterday in Paris, happens regularly in the ME.

Now you're asking questions with a blockade for an answer.

The Western World isn't in a war mentality... wha? We are on planet Earth... right?

What, because we haven't outright invaded and occupied someone, we don't have a war mentality? Never mind the drone strikes and current operating military bases/on-going conflicts?

Um, we've been in at least one consistent war since 9/11, with how many different countries again? It's up to 8 or 9, I'm beginning to lose count. Afghanistan, Iraq, Libya, Yemen, Lebanon, Somalia, the list continues.

WHY, we haven't turned our attention to IS is a wonderful question.

We invaded two countries within months following 9/11, yet IS has run rampant while we fight in other conflicts.

posted on Nov, 14 2015 @ 02:51 PM
link   

a reply to: Nikola014

Europe did this to themselves for allowing Syrian fighters to enter the EU as "refugees". It is a predictable consequence of misguided policy toward the Middle East.

a thousand times this. ^

posted on Nov, 14 2015 @ 03:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: starfoxxx
EU does not have to worry about a ground invasion from another country.

This is true, yet not true ...

Europe is "brainwashed" and all we have are leaders, who got no balls or brains.

The US is not our "friend" ... it's our rival, and possible enemy. And the US WILL, given time, be a major factor in destroying Europe.

Unfortunately, Europe isn't going to grow balls anytime soon ... and all their brain matter, was exported post WWII.

posted on Nov, 14 2015 @ 03:23 PM
link   

No one should be let into a nation without being vetted. No one.

The EU is one big happy union. Who needs borders? Who guards Greek's shoreline on the Mediterranean, if not the Greeks?

Austerity bit deep into their pockets… maybe the UK should patrol the coast for them, prevent the "immigrants" (refugees, really) fleeing their war torn countries from coming in. One for all, all for one, right?

Maybe each and every refugee should be sent to Guantanamo first to make sure they aren't super secret, more than moderate, terrs.

Maybe the west should stop de stabilizing the ME…

posted on Nov, 14 2015 @ 03:52 PM
link   

There are many points that I agree with , we've expanded Europe to fast and we have opened our borders to soon. But I think that if we are forced to work as a real collective Europe could be very creative in counter attacking the guerilla war we are now facing.

you have to remember that all the previous wars were countries within Europe fighting each other. Now we have a common enemy . Those terrorists are trying to stir the other Muslim population to act within our societies.

There are allot who think they are superior and strong within our society , but don't under estimate our intelligence , we might look as the fifth wheel on the wagon , but in every war evaluation leads to progress .

There will be more deaths , it's something we now have to face as a real possibility , after Charly and Paris yesterday , so evaluation and intelligence are now working overtime.

Somehow it's good to get the wakeup call I guess, its only sad that it has to cost to many innocent lives ..
Its time to separate the wheat from the chaff , countries whom not willing to cooperate to secure our safety should be fined or expelled out of Europe or something similar ..

edit on 0b26America/ChicagoSat, 14 Nov 2015 16:03:26 -0600vAmerica/ChicagoSat, 14 Nov 2015 16:03:26 -06001 by 0bserver1 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join