It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cease fire in Syria - Transitional government in 6 months

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 14 2015 @ 12:41 PM
link   
great news. I can see SOME of the 40.000 FSA rebels talk with the goverment, as their position is becoming increasingly weak with russian bombs raining down on them all day long, and 500+ km2 being overrun by goverment forces in southern Aleppo.
''Either negotiate now, or do it when you are in a weaker position.''
What to do about the other ''moderate rebels'' hardline islamic fanatics, many of whom are not even syrian at all, like al nursa (alqaeda) (15.000), islamic union (15.000), army of mujahdeen (5.000), authenticity front (13.000), sham legion (unkown estimate), Jabhat Ansar al-Din (unkown estimate). They dont fight for democracy, they fight for their religion.
If the FSA would disband or even join with the goverment in exchange for fair elections (thats what they fought for right?) Syria can be clean before christmas 2016. Rebuilding can begin, refugees can return.

--------------------------
though i dont know what the poor rebels will do if the population will massively vote for Assads succesor. Many that first hated Assad now see him as their only option. Colonel Suheil 'the tiger' hassan comes to mind, the same fellow whose tiger commandos ended the 3 year siege on kuweires airbase and kicked out ISIS this very week. The 300 trapped men could finally return to their families. Something the people wont forget.
---
Russia sends in airforce and after 40 days a ''Transitional government in 6 months'' is announced. Thanks Russia.
edit on 14-11-2015 by DeusImperator because: rus

edit on 14-11-2015 by DeusImperator because: not 300 but 500 in two weeks!!!

posted on Nov, 14 2015 @ 12:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: rajas
After the tragedy in France yesterday the world leaders have come to a conclusion.

— Kerry: Transitional government for Syria to be set in 6 months, elections in 18 months.

The five permanent members of the U.N. Security Council also agreed to pass a resolution in favor of a ceasefire in Syria.

The diplomats agreed on a means to enforce a cease-fire but failed to agree on which groups other than the Islamic State and al-Qaida affiliates would not be eligible for the truce. Under those terms, the sponsors of each group covered by the cease-fire would be responsible for making sure that group upholds it. Russian Foreign Minister Sergey Lavrov said Jordan would oversee a process that would identify which groups should be considered for identification as terrorists. That process is to be completed by the time the political process between the government and opposition begins in January. Kerry acknowledged that participants also failed to agree on Assad's role in the transition or his potential future role in the country's government. The United States and its allies have said the war cannot end while Assad is in power but Russia and Iran have insisted that Syrians must decide their own leadership.

Reuters
AP
Yahoo

I read the article and your title is just a tad misleading. An agreement was made , not by Assad, that negotiations would start on Jan. 1st . So, you think Assad will step aside and allow these negotiations to progress without his input ?? Sound like a lot of appeasing B.S. from Kerry and the Russians......don't think this will be as easy as described here.

posted on Nov, 14 2015 @ 12:50 PM
link   
a reply to: conspiracytheoristIAM

Assad will do what the Russians tell him to do, they have discussed months or even years ago that eventually he will have to go.
He also has amended the constitution stating that a president cant be re-elected twice some time ago. And guess what, he was re-elected last year, so this will be his last term.
edit on 14-11-2015 by DeusImperator because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 14 2015 @ 12:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: Willtell
a reply to: Discotech

There not going to give ISIS any state that would be pure insanity

Yet they want put democracy in Syria

Do you have any idea how that same democracy is working out in Libya ? Granted they're not going all gung ho on Assad like they did with Gaddafi but they're aiming for the same end and it does not work, ISIS will take it over one way or another and I don't believe these diplomats are so stupid as to try the same thing twice so I see this as an unofficial "we'll give you Syria if you leave the rest of us alone"

posted on Nov, 14 2015 @ 01:03 PM
link   
a reply to: conspiracytheoristIAM

I believe we are gonna learn how to share

posted on Nov, 14 2015 @ 02:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: Nyiah
I have a strong feeling Russia found the jugular in Syria, whatever it may be, and went for it. I'd LOVE to know what their hole-in-one here was.

My take on this, is ... the west went for "economic destruction of Russia". They went for Ukraine, where Holland had already paid for the gas in Donetsk, long before Ukraine broke out. Not succeeding, they then went for "barring" Russian gas, to their best buyers ... which is Germany, and other nations close in Central Europe. They had to provide new Gas and Oil, instead of the Russian ones and their "card" play here, was to take control of Syria, and all the ports there. As you know, Russia has a base in Syria ... they paid for Syrian rebels as well as Al Qaida/Al Nushra/ISIS to preassure towards the sea. If you look at the map, you will see they were pressing towards the Russian base.

My bet is, they were betting on that Russia would leave Syria and therefore a complete close of their oil deals to Europe would follow. Russia would collapse, as the Soviet Union did ... followed by total chaos in Russia.

This is what the west intended.

Russia, appears to have foreseen this and were ready to fight ... at least, to some extend, which made this not that shiny anymore.

But don't fret ... the west isn't done yet. Whatever happened in these past days, is not permanent ... they are fully intent on destroying Russia. And, I don't think the Russians have the guts for a real confrontation ... they'll try "deal" their way out.

This is just the beginning, not the end ...

top topics

<< 1   >>

join