It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pandemonium in Paris: Not ISIS?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+5 more 
posted on Nov, 14 2015 @ 11:51 AM
link   
Now more than ever, the right questions must be asked: Who benefits? Where does the money trail lead? What more individual rights and liberties will be sacrificed to “safety and security”?

How Will the Empire Strike Back?

...we need to be very concerned about what the latest atrocities will be used to justify in terms of further illegal intervention. What is the next move going to be? It’s too soon to tell but if the US wants French troops in Syria to help enforce those “safe zones”, then it will likely get what it wants. And where France goes, the UK will surely follow (even if London doesn’t get its own ISIS-sponsored terrorist event in the next days or weeks).

In these circumstances it’s more important than ever that the alternative media rigorously interrogates the ISIS story, and refuses to be driven by the agenda of fear that lies behind it. If we are all stampeded at this point, it may well mean there is no effective voice of reason to oppose an insane drive toward WW3.

Of note, “PANDEMONIUM in PARIS” is the name of the Koch Bros. Heartland Institute campaign to derail the upcoming United Nations' climate conference in Paris, crowdfunded by Indiegogo.

ScienceAlert 2 NOV 2015:

Heartland is currently seeking to raise funds on Indiegogo for its Pandemonium in Paris venture.

The Pandemonium in Paris campaign will direct funding to a “counter-conference” …

Indiegogo’s terms bar fundraisers from creating a campaign “to cause harm to people or property”. Heartland’s stated aim is to stop a globally binding deal being signed in Paris.

The United Nations is working with the French government towards securing a legally binding global climate agreement to curb carbon emissions, in Paris, at the UNFCCC COP 21 climate change conference in December 2015.
On ATS: Connection of Paris attacks with upcoming UN Climate Summit? Coincidences

The attacks happened yesterday - 2 weeks before the UN’s International climate conference - ISIS is being blamed, and stepped up to take credit. France closed it's borders, the climate conference is dead news - and the world is quaking in fear of ISIS terrorists.

Now, the world's focus is firmly on war and funding the military-industrial complex.

Hmm.

We all know that violence begets violence - and the standard fare abounds.

The Age of Despair: Reaping the Whirlwind of Western Support for Extremist Violence

But just curious. After Charlie Hebdo, how could French security just “overlook” signs of ISIS planning coordinated attacks? How did their surveillance miss this? Were they maybe looking in the wrong place? At the wrong terrorists? Tony Cartalucci has an interesting take:

Attack in France – State Sponsored Terror, But Which State?

How Did France’s Expanding Surveillance State Miss This?

…While France will undoubtedly try to use this attack to justify further intervention in Syria to topple the government in Damascus, it was most likely France’s own allies in Turkey, Jordan, Saudi Arabia, Qatar, and even Paris itself who were directly or indirectly involved in the training, arming, and funding of those who spilled blood on Parisian streets this week.

Attacking Paris, and in particular a football match full of nationalists already increasingly violent and hysterical seems to only benefit a government seeking further justification to wage wider war abroad – a war it is currently losing and a war it currently lacks wide public support to continue fighting. It now, all so conveniently, has the support it was looking for.

If it wasn’t ISIS, who was it? France itself, to get more surveillance powers and funding? The global military-industrial complex? The Heartland Institute (and the Koch brothers)? Turkey, Jordan, Saudi Arabia or Qatar?

Who benefits? Where does the money trail lead? What more of our individual rights and liberties will be sacrificed to “safety and security”?

What say you ATS?

edit on 14/11/15 by soficrow because: format

+3 more 
posted on Nov, 14 2015 @ 11:55 AM
link   
No, just friggin no!!! Not every friggin thing is directed by some hidden secret evil power.
Evil is evil, it needs no excuses and it helps nobody to make excuses for it.

posted on Nov, 14 2015 @ 12:01 PM
link   
I say you make some broad generalizations that aren't supported by facts.

The world doesn't watch with baited breath when there's a climate/finance summit. It's a bit on the evening news and nothing more to the overwhelming majority of people. And France is still sending people to it, just not Hollande.

Why does the IS attack not benefit IS? Why is it casually dismissed that it benefits them?

Why can't it ever be that terrorists seeking to do terroristey things did terroristey things and got what they wanted out of it?

posted on Nov, 14 2015 @ 12:09 PM
link   
a reply to: Shamrock6

I say you make some broad generalizations that aren't supported by facts.

Really? Care to quote even one?

Why can't it ever be that terrorists seeking to do terroristey things did terroristey things and got what they wanted out of it?

ISIS are NOT the only terrorists in the world. And the questions stand: If it wasn’t ISIS, who was it? France itself, to get more surveillance powers and funding? The global military-industrial complex? The Heartland Institute (and the Koch brothers)? Turkey, Jordan, Saudi Arabia or Qatar?

Who benefits? Where does the money trail lead? What more of our individual rights and liberties will be sacrificed to “safety and security”?

edit on 14/11/15 by soficrow because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 14 2015 @ 12:11 PM
link   
a reply to: Jonjonj

Evil is evil, it needs no excuses and it helps nobody to make excuses for it.

No excuses - just questions, based on the premise that ISIS is NOT the only terrorist organization in the world. If it wasn’t ISIS, who was it? France itself, to get more surveillance powers and funding? The global military-industrial complex? The Heartland Institute (and the Koch brothers)? Turkey, Jordan, Saudi Arabia or Qatar?

posted on Nov, 14 2015 @ 12:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: soficrow

ISIS are NOT the only terrorists in the world. And the questions stand: If it wasn’t ISIS, who was it?

Who said it wasn't ISIS? You?

posted on Nov, 14 2015 @ 12:13 PM
link   
ISIS have claimed responsibility, but I guess they would anyway.

Regardless of who did it, we need to remember those that have lost their lives and of course the people they have left behind, for all of them, life will never be the same again.

As the great John Lennon once said, 'All you need is love'.

posted on Nov, 14 2015 @ 12:16 PM
link   
a reply to: soficrow

It DID cause the Iranian president to cancel a trip to discuss, I believe, Iran's nuclear position (which if I remember correctly, France was one of the leading adversaries against their nuclear program) among other items.

Rouhani’s trip marks Iran’s return to the international community after it agreed with world powers in July to curb its nuclear program. Billions of dollars of potential trade deals are at stake, as well as Tehran’s possible cooperation fighting against Islamic State in Iraq and Syria.

Not saying this is the reason but, you DID ask questions...

Religion News
edit on 14-11-2015 by TNMockingbird because: clarify link

posted on Nov, 14 2015 @ 12:20 PM
link   

Sure. The climate conference is dead.

Really? Pretty sure in the midst of all this, France was making it very clear they were still participating in it. So...it's dead how? Because literally right in the middle of the aftermath of the attack, the French were going out and talking about how they were participating, going so far as to call it "absolutely essential action against climate change."

So...tell me again how it's dead? When the host country has so vocally stated that not only is it happening, but that it's "absolutely essential" that it happens?

Never said IS was the only terror group in the world, so I'm not going to bother debating things you made up on my behalf.

edit on 14-11-2015 by Shamrock6 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 14 2015 @ 12:22 PM
link   

The biggest boogiman right now is ISIS but what if secret cells like a Gladio were required .

n 1990, alarming evidence of NATO-sponsored terrorist attacks came to light.

This is the secret story of Operation Gladio; a tale of espionage, conspiracy and political violence [47mins]

Funded by the US, trained by Britain and left behind in post war Europe, this is the story of NATO’s secret army to fight the rise of Communism in post-war Europe.
www.globalresearch.ca... There is a 40 min. video that lays it out there .

posted on Nov, 14 2015 @ 12:26 PM
link   
The way i see it:

-We funded and trained isis to fight for us in Syria.
-Suddenly there is a immigrant crisis which is blown out of all proportion.
-We start rumors that ISIS might have been part of the immigrants.
-We pull false flag attacks in Paris using a group like Gladio.
-We can now have a legitimate reason to attack ISIS/Syria.

Classic false flag.

I love the way they found a Syrian passport at the Paris attacks. Hey why not? The public fell for that one at 911 so why not use it again?

edit on 14-11-2015 by MrMasterMinder because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 14 2015 @ 12:27 PM
link   
Paris climate

We will now after the 10th of december how the new framwork will look like, maybe you will have to cut down on luxury.

posted on Nov, 14 2015 @ 12:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: Jonjonj

ISIS are NOT the only terrorists in the world. And the questions stand: If it wasn’t ISIS, who was it?

Who said it wasn't ISIS? You?

From the OP (the little boxes quote external news sources):

Attack in France – State Sponsored Terror, But Which State?

How Did France’s Expanding Surveillance State Miss This?

…While France will undoubtedly try to use this attack to justify further intervention in Syria to topple the government in Damascus, it was most likely France’s own allies in Turkey, Jordan, Saudi Arabia, Qatar, and even Paris itself who were directly or indirectly involved in the training, arming, and funding of those who spilled blood on Parisian streets this week.

Attacking Paris, and in particular a football match full of nationalists already increasingly violent and hysterical seems to only benefit a government seeking further justification to wage wider war abroad – a war it is currently losing and a war it currently lacks wide public support to continue fighting. It now, all so conveniently, has the support it was looking for.

How Will the Empire Strike Back?

...we need to be very concerned about what the latest atrocities will be used to justify in terms of further illegal intervention. What is the next move going to be? It’s too soon to tell but if the US wants French troops in Syria to help enforce those “safe zones”, then it will likely get what it wants. And where France goes, the UK will surely follow (even if London doesn’t get its own ISIS-sponsored terrorist event in the next days or weeks).

In these circumstances it’s more important than ever that the alternative media rigorously interrogates the ISIS story, and refuses to be driven by the agenda of fear that lies behind it. If we are all stampeded at this point, it may well mean there is no effective voice of reason to oppose an insane drive toward WW3.

posted on Nov, 14 2015 @ 12:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: Cobaltic1978
Regardless of who did it, we need to remember those that have lost their lives and of course the people they have left behind, for all of them, life will never be the same again.

True, and not to diminish my real sympathy - BUT - if we do not use our brains, NOW, life will never be the same again for any of us. These attacks will be used to justify greater surveillance and even less privacy round the world - and likely, WW3.

As the great John Lennon once said, 'All you need is love'.

Yes.

posted on Nov, 14 2015 @ 12:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: TNMockingbird

It DID cause the Iranian president to cancel a trip to discuss, I believe, Iran's nuclear position (which if I remember correctly, France was one of the leading adversaries against their nuclear program) among other items.

Rouhani’s trip marks Iran’s return to the international community after it agreed with world powers in July to curb its nuclear program. Billions of dollars of potential trade deals are at stake, as well as Tehran’s possible cooperation fighting against Islamic State in Iraq and Syria.

Not saying this is the reason but, you DID ask questions...

Religion News

Yes. Iran is definitely one of the suspects.

S&

posted on Nov, 14 2015 @ 12:38 PM
link   

People unfortunately aren't too interested in the truth regarding IS. I, myself, have found comments removed and blocked for suggesting that IS has serious roots to the US and Saudi Arabia.

- Funded, armed, and trained the Mujahideen
- Funded, armed, and trained Al-Queda
- Funded, armed, and trained "moderate rebel groups"

So yes, I wouldn't say it's a far cry to say that we have, or continue to, fund, arm, and train IS.

Do people honestly think the American government and military wouldn't do that? Like they have some sort of morality? You do realize that they recruited Nazi scientists, and granted them amnesty, allowing them to work within government bodies? Learn basic history from the last six decades, you'd be surprised what the government does.

But man, people don't care, honestly. As one poster said, "no, just friggin no!!"

Obviously he/she has no desire to implore angles and perspectives, and rightfully so - but don't slam on your brakes and expect everyone else to stop just because you don't like the topic.

This is America, where you have the right to be offended at literally everything, but it should not debilitate myself and my freedoms, one of which, being speech.

What harm is being done by attempting to understand the complex nature of terrorism, and the geo-political scale of proxy-wars with an ever-changing line-up of "allies, terrorists, moderate terrorists?"

"Regardless of who did it, we need to remember those.."

So we need to remember those who lost their lives, but forget about who did it - and better yet, not even question who enabled the acts of terrorism - and again through arming, training, and funding, terrorist groups?

But I digress, remotely mentioning that IS has ties to the United States isn't insta-credibility kill, and it doesn't matter what sources/citations you provide.

The over-simplistic and emotional responses of, "no, just friggin no," it was tewwowists being tewwowists who wants to takes my fweedumbs, take precedent over any actual debate regarding IS.

Also worth mentioning, we invaded two sovereign nations based on attack they had nothing to do with, and for WMD's that were never found, and later to be told - were never there, and intelligence agencies knew about before the occupation.

Why this same force hasn't been deemed necessary to eliminate IS, is beyond me. My auto-correct had it right, it's because it's not about eliminating IS - it's about elongating IS.

Why?

Well, we have put much more of an emphasis on attempting to overthrow Assad than fighting IS. It, also, just so happens, that IS is, too, attempting to overthrow Assad.

Hmmmm.

Oh, and you may want to read The Grand Chessboard, as well as Between Two Ages: Americas role in the Technocratic Era.

This is not the acts of simple tewwowists, like the racist folks who attempted to bomb some churches in SC recently.

These guys have ties, and are backed by Western-nations who have interests in IS.

You can literally show folks videos of presidential candidates showing their viable support for IS (before IS became IS of course, when they were "moderate rebels"), and they still will pander to the view that it is "Muslim extremism."

Although dragon tales and imaginary princess stories surely have assisted to the "I kill in the name of God," flawed ideology, these ideologies don't mean much - however, give these ideologies one of the worlds biggest stages, prop them up, and watch it all unfold?

Problem. Reaction. Solution.

ATS has changed so much since I've joined, I think I may be moving on. The relentless rhetoric of those with little to no interest in these things, yet the continual shouting of the voice-box, denying ignorance is no longer a staple of discussion.

posted on Nov, 14 2015 @ 12:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: Shamrock6

I said climate change is dead news now, not that the conference is dead. Also, the conference was to be held in Paris - but looks like the venue will be changed.

Do you have any actual points to make here?

edit on 14/11/15 by soficrow because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 14 2015 @ 12:40 PM
link   

Drums of war being beat by the Caliphate.

posted on Nov, 14 2015 @ 12:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: Shamrock6

I said climate change is dead news now, not that the conference is dead. Also, the conference was to be held in Paris - but looks like the venue will be changed.

Do you have any actual points to make here?

And I disagree. I think the climate conference will be a much bigger deal than it was going to be, since it will be an extremely high profile target now. There's already numerous statements made about how security is going to be ramped up for it. So since the entire world is now watching Paris, specifically, and France in general, you're seriously going to say that a global event being held there is going to be dead?

And I can only presume you mean "are you going to agree with me now?" Just because the points I've made disagree with you doesn't invalidate them. By all means, stop responding to my points if they upset you.

But don't try and pretend they're invalid.

posted on Nov, 14 2015 @ 12:47 PM
link   
I'm tired of wasting my breathe. You can teach dumb but you can't teach stupid.

I think from now on I'll just step and watch this Hollywood Blockbuster unfold and keep the spoilers to myself. Because asking the most obvious question, "who benefits?" Is apparently lost on your average useless eater.

I get it guys. I suppose perhaps you were right all along. Keep the pearls to yourselves gentleman.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join