It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How Dare They

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 14 2015 @ 11:50 AM
link   
How Dare They

Leave it to terrorists to render useless all the mundane problems in our daily lives with not one but several fell swoops.

Whatever silly problems I have in my personal life pale in comparison.

Internet connections? Traffic jams? Waiting for a bus? Standing in line at the store for a loaf of bread? Gray hair on my head?

The list of silly mundane crap just dissipates at the hands of terrorists;
how dare they?

Really? It does not matter. I get this reminder daily without their help. I just have to look down the street to know how blessed I am; I have a roof over my head, clothes to wear, a shower I can enjoy, 2 legs and 2 arms that function, albeit not all that great, I have food to eat, I have the love of my spouse and a family that cares.

Everyday I pass by homeless people with kids and guess what? They are blessed, too. Why? They have a street to live on that hasn't been obliterated by a bomb. They have not lost an entire family due to a terrorists. They don't have the trappings of false material to worry about either.

Any country that has people that have never experienced what it is like to have your entire world completely destroyed has no clue what it is like to live in a war zone and can not possibly comprehend what happens to those in the middle of all the chaos.

Acts of nature are equally debilitating and many have experienced that, but to have a man-made all out offensive that creates the problem many are dealing with right now is not the same.

We are killing each other every where over such senseless crap. It was asked the other day by another member how can we justify bringing kids into this world and I gave a response that was met with incredulity; procreation is the job of every species.

I get it. It is incredibly difficult to justify procreation when all it facilitates is more to be killed; don't worry though, at the rate we are going there won't be any worries about having kids.

posted on Nov, 14 2015 @ 12:28 PM
link   
a reply to: soulpowertothendegree

So I am watching the news last night and it is Paris Paris Paris. All the sweeping concern, the fears the angers. As you say. Then the station takes a commercial break and there before my eyes, after all the death and carnage, is a little cartoon character with little cartoon gremlins and the gremlins are 'toenail' fungus and the little guy is selling a product to cure your toenail fungus.

Now I guess that some people need toenail fungus cream but just the juxtaposition of the carnage with this stupid commercial was dramatic. How on one hand we are being shown how our world seems to be falling apart and immediately followed by how we can make things better. Buy toenail fungus cream.

And since we are ranting here, what the hell, toenail fungus is for older people. Adults and aging people I suppose. What the hell is the thinking, trying to sell this stuff to adults by using a little cartoon charactor. It's like this whole commercial mentality is geared at per-teens. I suppose this how they see us. As kids without an adult cell in our brains.

And now back to our nightly news. " In Paris tonight, death carnage and the world sits on the brink"

posted on Nov, 14 2015 @ 12:53 PM
link   

I don't worry about things that don't affect me. While the loss of life in Paris is tragic; I concentrate on the problems in front of me and don't go out of my way to worry about things in other countries. It isn't that I am naive...I just don't care.

posted on Nov, 14 2015 @ 01:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: Metallicus

I don't worry about things that don't affect me. While the loss of life in Paris is tragic; I concentrate on the problems in front of me and don't go out of my way to worry about things in other countries. It isn't that I am naive...I just don't care.

With Cowards in charge...

All we will do is more apologizing.

posted on Nov, 14 2015 @ 01:45 PM
link   

Then you must be living in another world, because if you were human and living on Earth, you are affected whether you like it or not.

posted on Nov, 14 2015 @ 01:54 PM
link   

The guy's a psychopath, don't mind him.

edit on 14/11/15 by blupblup because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 14 2015 @ 01:58 PM
link   

Then you must be living in another world, because if you were human and living on Earth, you are affected whether you like it or not.

Yep.

We're all going to eventually be directly effected by this thing. And those wearing myopic sunglasses will be the ones most surprised and shocked when it hits.

... something something safety and security
... something something boots to the ground
... something something papers please

posted on Nov, 14 2015 @ 02:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: blupblup

The guy's a psychopath, don't mind him.

You can't fake emotions you don't feel. I could pretend, but that would be disingenuous.

When there is a problem I can directly deal with I will deal with it, until then, I am not going to worry about things I can't control. That would be illogical and foolish.

posted on Nov, 14 2015 @ 03:26 PM
link   

You can't fake emotions you don't feel. I could pretend, but that would be disingenuous.

When there is a problem I can directly deal with I will deal with it, until then, I am not going to worry about things I can't control. That would be illogical and foolish.

Very true....

These people lack remorse and empathy and feel emotion only shallowly

Seems to sum you up nicely. Not just solely based on this one comment in this one thread mind you.

Wear it with pride dude, It's only an insult if you choose it to be one.

posted on Nov, 14 2015 @ 03:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: soulpowertothendegree

I dont know man I am certain he is on to something. Other than the prayers I made for the souls of the fallen innocents, I really dont feel very affected either. I just helped my parents with a yard sale, plane is flying adverts over the stadium prior to the game. Everything was open as usual, and by 3pm half the people I know were still unaware anything even happened in France this morning.

I am going with Metallicus on this one.

posted on Nov, 14 2015 @ 06:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: blupblup

Very true....

These people lack remorse and empathy and feel emotion only shallowly

Seems to sum you up nicely. Not just solely based on this one comment in this one thread mind you.

Wear it with pride dude, It's only an insult if you choose it to be one.

I am not insulted, but I do feel sorry for someone who spends their time worrying about everything. Maybe you should stop internalizing every crisis and live your life.

top topics

join