It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

You still bring up the Holy wars yet defend Muslims in modern times?!

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+15 more 
posted on Nov, 14 2015 @ 10:19 AM
link   
I'm not understanding this. Why, here on Ats is it a terrible offense to bring up modern day radical Islam/Muslims yet the anti Christian crew still brings up examples like the Holy wars.. Which was a portion of catholics, not all Christians in the first place, and was hundreds of years ago, and this is accepted as a reason to be against Christians in the minds of others.. Seriously?

There's a lot of peaceful Muslims. There's a lot of peaceful Christians.
This post is not anti Muslim, I realize there's a huge amount of them and that most of them are peaceful. So I go on...

Christians have their morals and are using their constitutional rights to express themselves, and attempt to influence legislation, which is also a right as legislation has to do with the will of the people. Nothing in the Constitution says to ignore the opinion of someone simply because they identify with a religion, the separation of church and state has to do with the way the government operates, and how it cannot sponsor religion. But.. These few Christians are hated by so many, passionately. Mention Christians on Ats, you get a huge crew of people spouting out nonsense against them.

Muslims have their own group that will shoot you, behead you, rape any woman not fully covering themselves, recent evidence shows they might plan larger scale terrorist events and coordinate events across a city. They are the cause of mass destabilization in Europe, the Syrians have been shown to be guns for hire, they will fight on whichever side pays them the most. So we have mercenaries who kill for money, we had AL queda, isis, we have crime commiting refugees... But to mention this on Ats, you get called xenophobic, ignorant, you get a posse of apologists and deniers.

I realize there's people on both sides of both issues, but the premise of this post.. It's ridiculous to group a few politicians and the Holy wars and attribute them to Christians, yet deny any wrong doing by a Muslim in modern times, just because it's a minority of them doing wrong ( though a lot more than the deniers think support the radicals..) especially since Christians are simply expressing opinions, even if they are hateful opinions... This isn't equal to rape and beheading and terrorism and never will be.

Deny ignorance fellow Ats members, I hope you have a good weekend.

-deadyhope

posted on Nov, 14 2015 @ 10:35 AM
link   
Sounds like religious ideology be the prob.

posted on Nov, 14 2015 @ 10:41 AM
link   
a reply to: Lysergic

I agree, atrocities are committed in the name of someone's God all the time.

posted on Nov, 14 2015 @ 10:58 AM
link   
a reply to: deadlyhope
But...but...it's ant-semitic to say anything against Islam or Judaism. We can't have that, can we? Christian's are all rich people, living in Western civilization. So it's okay. You should know this already OP. Doh!!!

posted on Nov, 14 2015 @ 11:12 AM
link   
a reply to: Klassified

I failed in political correctness class, was never really good at censoring myself so I don't offend some agenda or propaganda.

posted on Nov, 14 2015 @ 11:19 AM
link   
So, would it be correct to lambaste all Christians as still conquering, slaughtering invaders of the world as per historical events?

No? Right, that's why I'm not all gung-ho on broad-brushing Muslims. We have plenty on the forum, and some of you actually act respectable toward them them not knowing their religion. Well, until the broad brush comes out. I personally snicker at the idiocy. Blasting all Muslims as identical thinking eeeeevviiiilll, right in front of the very folks you trash. Without knowing it, alongside their rebukes of violence.
Half the time, IDK why they bother coming back to post regularly. The rest of the time, I certainly see the allure in the "stupid is as stupid does" humor on display.
edit on 11/14/2015 by Nyiah because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 14 2015 @ 11:20 AM
link   

I keep harping on about it, but this stems from human behavior rather than specific ideology. The sad reality is that this is how the world has been all along, and such violence has been perpertrated by nearly every ideology under the sun regardless of the inclusion of God(s).

In reference to the OP, its caused by social programming. The neurological constructs that have been embedded allow for a greater level of cognitive dissonance than has been achieved before our modern times.

Certain patterns of thought are, over time, connected to specific methods of information processing and conclusions.

In this, some social groups are essentially fair game, while others will be vehemently defended, even if they are carrying out the exact same actions (or, in this case, completely disproportionate actions). Behaviorally, it is the same as fighting racism by being racist. Something we are also witnessing, even though it isnt as imperative of a problem. As long as the social groups are disparate enough in the cultural psyche, sufficient cognitive dissonance can be achieved.

Importantly though, there is little to no awareness of this hypocrisy in individuals. Attempts to bring it up actually have the effect of further cementing the problematic constructs.
edit on 14-11-2015 by Serdgiam because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 14 2015 @ 11:22 AM
link   
There is nothing incorrect about criticizing a religion, even Muslims, but you know the ignorants and racist, they like to say as if they are talking about all Muslims, as if entire Christians in the world are responsible for the deaths caused by fake war on Iraq cause Bush was Christian.
edit on 11/14/2015 by luciddream because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 14 2015 @ 11:42 AM
link   
a reply to: luciddream

Yeah, the premise of my post is just how some people deny problems altogether and rant at you if you say the words radical Muslim, basically. . If this was the year of the Holy crusades, I would be saying "there's some evil Christians/catholics in the east" yet still manage to realize it never had applied to all Christians.

It's just crazy to see people on this forum down on Christians for beliefs, and actions in the long past, yet when there's terrorist incidents and such in the world today you see people saying "let's not make assumptions as to who did this" then soon we find out its Muslims.

There's a billion Muslims,I've heard.. so even if a small percentage are radical, even only one percent... That still represents 10 million terrorists. Far larger than any other force. Is it fair to say most Muslims are terrorists... No

Is it fair to say the greatest amount of terrorists are Muslim/Islam.. I think yes.

posted on Nov, 14 2015 @ 11:58 AM
link   
a reply to: Nyiah

I definitely never intend to stereotype all Muslims.

A small amount of total Muslims are terrorists.

A large amount of terrorists are Muslim.

That's how I see it.

posted on Nov, 14 2015 @ 12:04 PM
link   

Aren't most, if not all wars, started because of religion?

posted on Nov, 14 2015 @ 12:09 PM
link   
a reply to: Swills

They start because a difference of ideas. Often it's based on religion, but napoleon, Hitler, Stalin, and others weren't on a holy conquest. It's entitlement, thinking they are better than others, superiority complexes. Religious conquests do have their own death counts, and they are high, but the highest homicide numbers come from people who abuse power and manipulate the masses - sometimes they do this via religion, other times its some other ideology.

posted on Nov, 14 2015 @ 12:18 PM
link   
I'm not sure where people are getting the idea where people are defending Muslims? I've not seen these defences on ATS. Most people are horrified at the tragedy

posted on Nov, 14 2015 @ 12:21 PM
link   
a reply to: Swills

Simply put: No. Wars tend to be about controlling resources (land, oil, political power etc...). Bringing religion into warfare tends to involve a great deal of hypocrisy.

posted on Nov, 14 2015 @ 12:28 PM
link   
a reply to: woodwardjnr

I'm not talking about Paris alone, mostly everyone's prayers, thoughts, or otherwise are going out to the victims of these attacks, but even when it was breaking news, there were members saying "now let's not assume these are Muslim attacks" even when it was shown they likely were. To apologize and defend terrorists in the name of being anti-xenophobic and such is what I mean.

posted on Nov, 14 2015 @ 12:38 PM
link   
Burn them all !!!

posted on Nov, 14 2015 @ 12:40 PM
link   
a reply to: deadlyhope

I don't bring up the genocides committed by Christians as a "defense" of Islam. I bring it up when people think that the reason most of these terrorists are Muslim is because they claim Islam is not a "religion of peace".

To that, I say "No crap". Then I remind them that Christianity is also not a religion of peace. All three Abrahamic branches have commandments to kill non-believers. The only difference is that Christianity has been around about 600 years longer and the church has evolved during this time. At this stage in Christianity, they were doing the same thing.

So yeah, Islam is a religion of war. Just like Christianity and Judaism. The only difference is that Christians and Jews, for the most part, do not follow their commandments literally anymore while Muslim extremists do. It's not "defending" Islam to say this, it is more like point out the Christian kettle calling the Muslim teapot black. The kettle may have been painted since then but it had a long history of being a black kettle.

posted on Nov, 14 2015 @ 12:47 PM
link   
a reply to: Abysha

I totally agree with what you are saying. Religions that take their commandments literally do worse things, followed by evolving. Give it a few hundred years, maybe Muslims/Islam will follow the same course.

My argument is, which you seem to reinforce, that Christians are currently peaceful, terrorists are currently Muslims. Anyone calling Christians terrorists for the acts commuted hundreds of years ago is ignorance, people denying the acts of Muslims are also ignorant. That's all I'm saying.

posted on Nov, 14 2015 @ 01:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: deadlyhope
a reply to: Klassified

I failed in political correctness class, was never really good at censoring myself so I don't offend some agenda or propaganda.

I'd say you get an A+ in political correctness actually.

You're playing the victim, you've claimed moral supremacy and now you're castigating people who have opinions that conflict with your ideology and casting aspersions against them.

If you really wanted to have an honest conversation, you'd just have it instead of whining about how you can't have it (a claim I strongly disagree with). In fact, let's dispense with all this politically correct pontificating and have one right now?

Terrorists killed and maimed hundreds of innocent people in Paris last night. These terrorists were affiliated with ISIS/ISIL/Daesh, a large, well-funded militant group (should we call them an army?) with an extremely violent ideology, based on their brand of Islam, that calls for the conquest and extermination of anyone who doesn't share in their insanity with the ultimate goal of establishing a caliphate, a Muslim religious state. There is an indeterminate number of Muslims in the world who support them and they're successfully waging a propaganda war that is 'radicalizing' more people every single day.

This is all common knowledge.

There, I spoke the unspeakable. Now what? How do we defeat this group, its ideology and those like them? How do we wage war against them without playing into their hands or worse, resorting to actions that make us like them?
edit on 2015-11-14 by theantediluvian because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 14 2015 @ 01:21 PM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian

I agree with you, you just said it in a more intellectual way. I'm.not as intellectual as some concerning political and foreign matters, and others are less intellectual and will fight tooth and nail against anyone saying "Muslims are creating problems"

The way you phrase things is more composed, but the message is essentially the same.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join