It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

WW3 has jumped the fence. This is it. Buckle up

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 14 2015 @ 11:44 AM
link   
a reply to: OtherSideOfTheCoin

I would however agree that it would have the potential to turn into WW3 although like i say i doubt it very much.

Thanks for acknowledging it.

Appreciate that post.

posted on Nov, 14 2015 @ 11:55 AM
link   
This continues to develop. In a few minutes there is going to be a big speech, and they're talking about sophisticated cooperative operatives who were entrenched there in France, with credentials.

It's not about ransoms anymore - it's that now they are everywhere - their project has gone to ground.
ISIS is the "superpower" - it's just that the leaders are only now acknowledging it.

posted on Nov, 14 2015 @ 11:56 AM
link   
a reply to: introvert

Okay with you if I have a beer and a smoke instead?

posted on Nov, 14 2015 @ 12:04 PM
link   
Death toll is rising. At least 90 critically injured in addition to the previous 128.

posted on Nov, 14 2015 @ 12:17 PM
link   
So France has declared that in their view, this act was a declaration of war. And now they have said "No surrender - we are at war."

So - apparently yes, Declaration of War coming from France.

Roughly 100 critically injured along with the growing number of dead.

edit on 11/14/2015 by BuzzyWigs because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 14 2015 @ 12:29 PM
link   

-- Belgian authorities conducted raids in a Brussels suburb, including one connected to the Paris attacks, according to a Western intelligence source who spoke to CNN on Saturday. The raids took place in three homes in Molenbeek-Saint-Jean, according to the source. One raid is connected to the Paris attacks and the others are connected to individuals known to Belgian intelligence, the source said.

-- U.S. President Barack Obama pledged solidarity with France, saying, "We've seen an outrageous attempt to terrorize innocent civilians."

-- Pope Francis condemned the killings, saying they were a part of the "piecemeal Third World War." "There is no religious or human justification for it," he said in a telephone interview with TV2000, the television network of the Italian Bishops' Conference.

-- Britain's Queen Elizabeth II and Prince Charles sent messages of sympathy to France.

-- A U.S. government official said that, at the moment, there is no credible or specific threat to the United States.

-- American intelligence agencies are looking at all signals intelligence, including communications intercepts, for any indication that there had been advance planning or coordination, according to a US intelligence official.

-- Cameron convened a meeting of the emergency response committee. The threat level in the United Kingtom is at "severe," meaning a militant attack is considered highly likely.

-- Russian leader Vladimir Putin sent condolences to President Hollande and the people of France.

-- Syrian President Bashar al-Assad, according to Syrian media, said Western support of insurgents in Syria had fueled an "expansion of terror" abroad.

-- The Netherlands is increasing border security, especially on roads to and from France, according to a spokesman for the Dutch Ministry of Security and Justice. Jean Fransman told CNN extra personnel have been deployed and security at airports has been reinforced.
edition.cnn.com...

posted on Nov, 14 2015 @ 12:30 PM
link   
Three separate teams took part in this accumulative attack.
These people are just keeping low profiles until they get the orders.

posted on Nov, 14 2015 @ 12:34 PM
link   
a reply to: BuzzyWigs

Yes, have that beer and a smoke. If I was in a place where I was able to, I'd have one with ya.

I just think we have to keep our heads clear and calm while remaining vigilant.

posted on Nov, 14 2015 @ 12:35 PM
link   
a reply to: introvert

I agree.
The story continues to develop. I'm even more tired now than I was before.

Thanks for participating.

edit:

To add, apparently this summit was supposed to be focused on other areas. But now the agenda has been manipulated.

posted on Nov, 14 2015 @ 12:40 PM
link   
edition.cnn.com...

Reactions
-- The EU issued a statement, reading in part: "The European Union is deeply shocked and in mourning after the terrorist attacks in Paris. It is an attack against us all. We will face this threat together with all necessary means and ruthless determination."

-- Egyptian President El Sisi called President Hollande to offer condolences.

Support for Paris swells from around the world

-- London monuments, including the London Eye, Tower Bridge and Wembley Stadium ,will light up in blue, white and red in solidarity with Paris Saturday night, according to British Prime Minister David Cameron's office. The French flag, lowered to half-staff, is currently flying at his Downing Street office alongside the Union Jack, the office said in a statement.

I'm thinking service members all over Europe and here in the US are getting their marching orders, packing up and heading to the local armory.

Obama is on his way there to the G-20 summit meeting just now or soon.

posted on Nov, 14 2015 @ 12:42 PM
link   
a reply to: Kali74

I would agree however they were carrying explosives and AK47s. If they were to be stopped no amount of paperwork would have helped.

posted on Nov, 14 2015 @ 12:55 PM
link   
Now they're talking on CNN about how these guys keep their passports, to make it easier to get back home and go to ground.....

thousands of them who were with ISIS, and then came back home. legally.

posted on Nov, 14 2015 @ 01:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bluntone22
How is this any different than any other terror attack in the last 30 years?
And who will be the target of this war?

This attack is similar to 911 in NYC i.e. aimed at general people in the West. Other attacks have been more pin pointed like Charlie Hebedo shooting etc.

Remember the attack is in the West. West is the last line of freedom and civility for the human society. Anytime this line is breached the whole world needs to come together to defeat the attackers or become captive to the terrorists and their ideologies.

On the other hand, West should also refrain from reckless geopolitical adventures that stroke the nerves of Islamic world and provoke such attacks. Slight modification in foreign policies is needed.

Hopefully Donald Trump takes to WH in 2016. He is an out and out business mind. Trump knows that to turnaround companies internal surgeries and divestment from loss investments are done. Major divestment US/West needs is to abandon the provocative foreign policies and involvements into unnecessary wars and regime changes.

posted on Nov, 14 2015 @ 01:02 PM
link   

If they want to have a war they will have to do it without me. I refuse to show up or participate in any way.

posted on Nov, 14 2015 @ 01:04 PM
link   
a reply to: victor7

There's so much about your post that I agree with.

My only argument is that Trump would be totally out of his depth at this juncture. He talks about giant glittering walls with golden gates, and giving our troops state-of-the-art vehicles, armaments, and ordnance.

But - if he were in the chair today - what the hell do you think he could do??

posted on Nov, 14 2015 @ 01:06 PM
link   
a reply to: Metallicus

Glad to hear that.

I texted my son about this earlier - I said "If they try to draft you, get the hell out."

(He said he wouldn't, so we talked about participating without going to the combat zone.)

posted on Nov, 14 2015 @ 01:10 PM
link   

But - if he were in the chair today - what the hell do you think he could do??

Trumps hands won't be bound by re-election desires and bipartisan objectives. He is a multi-billionaire and cares little for revenues from lecture circuits post WH. To change US involvements in overseas nonsense, he would not need to go to Congress and make calls begging politicians for support votes.

I have given up on career politicians bringing about "fair and real" change needed to turnaround US Inc. Internally, US structure has weakened if not crumbling. Focus and efforts need to be in this area not overseas trying to change regimes and making enemies. Let them kill each other with butter knives if that makes them and their "religion of non-peace" happy.

posted on Nov, 14 2015 @ 01:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: victor7

originally posted by: Bluntone22
How is this any different than any other terror attack in the last 30 years?
And who will be the target of this war?

This attack is similar to 911 in NYC i.e. aimed at general people in the West. Other attacks have been more pin pointed like Charlie Hebedo shooting etc.

Remember the attack is in the West. West is the last line of freedom and civility for the human society. Anytime this line is breached the whole world needs to come together to defeat the attackers or become captive to the terrorists and their ideologies.

On the other hand, West should also refrain from reckless geopolitical adventures that stroke the nerves of Islamic world and provoke such attacks. Slight modification in foreign policies is needed.

Hopefully Donald Trump takes to WH in 2016. He is an out and out business mind. Trump knows that to turnaround companies internal surgeries and divestment from loss investments are done. Major divestment US/West needs is to abandon the provocative foreign policies and involvements into unnecessary wars and regime changes.

But Trump himself has said he wants to go in and bomb the hell out of the region.

posted on Nov, 14 2015 @ 01:11 PM
link   
Now CNN is talking about the timing even more - how this happened when there was ALREADY a meeting of world leaders upcoming.....which has now been derailed.

"Blowback is now here," Amanpour said.

Now someone's playing Jon Lennon "Imagine" in the concert hall where this happened.

posted on Nov, 14 2015 @ 01:11 PM
link   
I'm sure I will be called heartless and cold but I will say it anyway....

Declared war? Seriously... We have been at war with ISIS since they came into being...

Yes it is tragic what happened to all those people in France, and my thoughts are with them but....again in sorry to say it... Where are all the prayers, thoughts and condolences for the hundreds (thousands?) of innocent people Isis has killed within their own country? Which happens daily....

War has casualties...this war has been ongoing since 9/11. Anyone who thinks this is the start of a war gave obviously been out of touch for the last...well decade....

An escalation sure... But the start...no

As for anyone in disbelief or shock? Seriously... You are shocked a bunch of extremists who declared war on the west made an act of aggression....against the west?

edit on 14-11-2015 by IamPrepared because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join