It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama Downplays ISIS Threat: ‘We Have Contained Them’

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 16 2015 @ 11:46 AM
link   
i almost chocked on my breakfast listening to his speech. maybe obama can try co contain that too.
edit on 16-11-2015 by JourneymanWelder because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 16 2015 @ 10:18 PM
link   
a reply to: NewzNose

It matters not what passports used, valid or not. Do you think ISIS members are only in Iraq and Syria? This attack was organized in Belgium but planned in Syria.

Maybe, maybe not. Probably supported from Syria at least.

That is not the point of the post however.

TheBulk was blindly swinging from the hip claiming that the attackers 'slipped in' to Europe under cover of the refugee crisis. He didn't have any evidence - only blind bigotry, hate, and hypocrisy - to back up his assertion.

I merely pointed out his errors. The attackers did not come via the refugee streams and were not Syrians - they were, for the most part, Belgians with family backgrounds from Northeastern Africa.

You are entitled to your opinion where their support came from and how they can be fought, I just want to ensure that you have the opportunity to form your opinions informed by facts, not by hatred and bigotry.

posted on Nov, 17 2015 @ 01:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: rnaa
a reply to: TheBulk

Obama helped created ISIS.

G.W. Bush 'created' Daesh when he disbanded the Iraqi Army. (ISIS is a misnomer - they are not Islamic, nor are they a State).

Obama had nothing to do with it. Unless, of course, you consider killing Osama Bin Laden (something Bush promised to do and then decided it was more important to go on yet another vacation in Texas chopping weeds) 'helping to create ISIS".

Wrong... The administration's illegal war in Libya, supporting the L.I.F.G. & al-nusra ; Then arming them and shipping them to Syria, is the main cause. Then continuing to support, arm, train and fund them. Even the New York times in 2011 was running stories on how there was no "moderates" and how the LIFG/FSA openly cooperates, fights along side and even give munitions to ISIS.

No, this is an albatross, and this administration is wearing it.

edit on 17-11-2015 by CrawlingChaos because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 17 2015 @ 01:22 PM
link   
a reply to: TheBulk

howdy,
i think of horses at the starting gate when i interpret what he means by contain?

or howabout 'enveloping forces'?

flank steaks are leaner when there's more mouths to feed?

posted on Nov, 18 2015 @ 03:36 AM
link   
Obama is such a tool, I learned a long time ago that you need to take everything he says with a grain of salt.

edit on 18-11-2015 by Konduit because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 18 2015 @ 05:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: Texasmikec
There is a reason why we have not destroyed ISIS. I'm ignorant as to why; however, that does not take away that there must be some reason(s) as to why this cancer has not been obliterated from the face of the earth. Anyone know why?

They have been using ISIS as a political tool to overthrow Assad in Syria that is why. The moderate rebels that are funded and trained are Al-Qaeda. They regularly share weapons with ISIS, work along side them, have cease fires, buy their oil from them and swap sides.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join