It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Internet Speed Tests...

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 16 2015 @ 12:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: Gothmog

originally posted by: reldra

originally posted by: Lysergic
a reply to: reldra

speedof.me...

WELL CRAP THEY OWN THAT TOO

Actually getting a different reading w this a slower reading...

www.zdnet.com...

Yes they do.

the zdnet gave me 62.31, just one number, not up or down. I pay for 75/75.

Internet speed is mostly based on all the routers , switches , etc between the initial and target locations. Want to learn more ? open a command prompt and type in tracert to the target location. You can do this either with the IP Address or the DNS name. Look at the amount of hops and the ms of each connection...

yep that's called a hop count. usually the hop count takes the quickest route available with lest amount of hops some even pay attention to how fast each hop is.

posted on Nov, 16 2015 @ 04:11 AM
link   
that #ing sucks.
hopefully something new comes along soon.

my ISP has a FTP server which has a bunch of files on it, really good to test actual line speeds!

originally posted by: flice
Turns out it was my cheapass router.

Funny enough my cheap router has better speed WAN wise then my expensive one did haha. lightning down the phone line every time!

posted on Nov, 23 2015 @ 03:09 PM
link   
The EU intelligence apparatus, is right now hopelessly and senselessly filling up all the bandwidth of the internet in the continent. Of course they can always blame a russian submarine for cutting cables at the bottom of the ocean. Obviously looking on the internet they are not going to find any terrorist or criminal whatsoever, as they have scanned it for so many years now that it's totally laughable.

<< 1   >>

join