It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

10 Scientific Studies Proving GMOs Can Be Harmful To Human Health

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 14 2015 @ 01:02 AM
link   
a reply to: Cosmic911

Sorry to interrupt but after everything I have read about nitrates I believe it is definitely a pathogen.

posted on Nov, 14 2015 @ 01:05 AM
link   
a reply to: NJE777

Nitrates are among the commonest compounds in nature.

posted on Nov, 14 2015 @ 01:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: NJE777

Sorry to interrupt but after everything I have read about nitrates I believe it is definitely a pathogen.

In medicine, nitrates can have both deleterious (as you have stated) and beneficial effects, particularly in the circulatory system.

posted on Nov, 14 2015 @ 09:07 AM
link   
Anyone remember phage?
Remember the YEARS of GMO defenders on this site that would insult and attack any thread pointing out the dangers of gmo's
Where are they now?
The past year or so has been most enlightening regarding fact that gmo's are incredibly dangerous and covered up by corporations and governments since the '70's

Been saving up a "I told you so"

posted on Nov, 14 2015 @ 09:24 AM
link   

Regardless, MUST DO NO HARM takes priority to all patients entrusting their lives to the physicians who practice medicine.

posted on Nov, 14 2015 @ 09:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: NJE777

Its hype. Well over 95% of the nitrates you consume are produced by your own saliva, even if you live on bacon and salami.

"No added Nitrates" = we used naturaly high nitrate beet or celery juice to cure the meat and charge you more for the same thing.

We could get into which nitrates and such, but thats well beyond the scope of the op.

Glyphosate otoh, we GM the crops so they can be sprayed directly with it. It is indiscriminate herbicide.

There was an amazing article about an investigator hired to steal coca negra plants from Columbia, as it was believed, somehow, some cartel had stolen portions of the modified genetics for glyphosate resistance. What he found, was that in some 10-15 years, through grass roots, and small local farms, sharing info and crops, nature(helped by uncle sam carpeting the farms with glyphosate) did, for free, what it took monsanto 40 years and billions of dollars to do.

posted on Nov, 14 2015 @ 09:37 AM
link   
a reply to: NewzNose

While that's ideal, and should be the driving principle in treating patients, it isn't always the case. That's not to say this is all practitioners, it's just not an absolute, like most things. If it were an absolute, there would have been no need to legislate Informed Consent doctrines and the such.

posted on Nov, 14 2015 @ 09:38 AM
link   

The risk is too great when we are the test subjects..

star and flag.

posted on Nov, 14 2015 @ 09:41 AM
link   
a reply to: purplemer

If only the CIA believed that...

posted on Nov, 14 2015 @ 10:08 AM
link   

I have little respect for the medical practitioners who research on people without care of consequence.

posted on Nov, 14 2015 @ 10:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: theMediator
I've been convinced for some time now that glyphosates are the number one problem with GMO's.

We we're always taught in school that that GMO's would be good and that they would make bigger, better fruits and vegetables...then why are the only things they are doing to our wonderful nature is making it's gifts less nutritious and concentrating on making them grow DESPITE of pesticides and herbicides that would kill them too if they weren't modified??!

To kill us.
They are evil.

What else is there to say?

It's the difference between HUNGER and NUTRITION. Obviously we're more interested in the former.

posted on Nov, 14 2015 @ 10:10 AM
link   
a reply to: NewzNose

I concur. 100%. There should be No exception to the rule, Do No Harm.

posted on Nov, 14 2015 @ 10:20 AM
link   
S&F for bringing this information to us.

The fact is that anytime you start monkeying with genetically modifying food it causes possible improper gene expression which leads to improper production of enzymes that can cause metabolic problems which can increase your susceptibility to cancer. It is the increase in goiterogens in our diet that is causing the most problem, Soy is bad for that. They seem to be putting soy additives in everything nowadays. They have convinced the masses that it is good for them when in fact it is more of a problem than a solution.

Anytime you start altering the diet of an animal too fast, you wind up with problems. They seem to ignore the side effects. It takes two or three generations of slowly introducing a food into the food chain to safely introduce it. Each generation eats a little more. Most of the problems are in comprehension and are psychotropic. All changes cause gene expression changes. We need some things to keep us mellow, but too much will make us sick. Boosting up tyramines consumption too high can lead to multiple complications over a period of time.

It is not just GMO foods that are causing the problem, but they do contribute to the problem. Especially increasing soy uptake in the diet. Moderation and diversity is a very good thing but remember there is a structure to moderation, seemingly unrelated foods can contain the same chemistry. My belief is that we do not need this genetically modified food, it is destroying our countries soils ability to be used for anything else than glycophosphate resistant GMOs, which means that these chemical/gmo companies will soon be in control of most of our food supply. The glycophosphate can be reactivated by the addition of phosphorous so fertilizing the land will actually rejuvinate the glycophosphate. This is what I read in a scientific article that addressed rejuvinating the glycophosphate without adding more in an agricultural site. So if they keep spraying the fields often, sooner or later it will be hard to grow anything else there other than GMO and fertilize it.

Well, it seems the majority of Americans have been given enough psychotropics in the food to believe anything they are told. This mind altering chemistry is abundant. Much of the basis of the knowledge of this mind altering/doping chemistry is over a thousand years old. It has been used to control societies for a long time. They have just improved on concentrating this feel good chemistry and more diversely distributed it over the last five generations or so. The problem that overconsuming this chemistry can cause endocrine problems and disrupt the ability of cells to properly communicate if used long term. This can lead to cancer.

Only eat corn and corn products in moderation and like once or twice a week. They take apart corn and add partial chemistry to a lot of food and we consume it too often. This is also a problem.

This calming food chemistry hurts those who have gene expression that makes them calm naturally or through family eating habits passed on for generations remain mellow. Now increasing the calming chemistry in the food supply actually weakens their ability to fight off things. On the other hand those who like to be wild avoid eating anything that settles them and they avoid these food chemistries because they like all the excitement and chaos and they do not want to be mellow. So the FDA's rubber stamping of any chemical that calms people is causing our health care costs to increase nationwide and lowering our quality of life yet it does nothing for the real problem, the ones who like the exciting life.

Boy, they really need to get some better people in charge of the FDA in this country.

posted on Nov, 14 2015 @ 11:46 AM
link   
a reply to: homeskillet

Hacking ATS stars and regurgitating false propaganda...well well.

Keep your ego in check, it could fight against you.

posted on Nov, 14 2015 @ 11:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: rickymouse
My belief is that we do not need this genetically modified food, it is destroying our countries soils ability to be used for anything else than glycophosphate resistant GMOs, which means that these chemical/gmo companies will soon be in control of most of our food supply. The glycophosphate can be reactivated by the addition of phosphorous so fertilizing the land will actually rejuvinate the glycophosphate. This is what I read in a scientific article that addressed rejuvinating the glycophosphate without adding more in an agricultural site. So if they keep spraying the fields often, sooner or later it will be hard to grow anything else there other than GMO and fertilize it.

This could be the whole plan GMO companies are pushing.
Total food control = Total power

posted on Nov, 14 2015 @ 01:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: theMediator
a reply to: homeskillet

Hacking ATS stars and regurgitating false propaganda...well well.

Keep your ego in check, it could fight against you.

Did you mean to reply to me? Because nothing I said has to do with your reply

Are you also accusing me of hacking ats for more stars? I have no clue how I got them. I'm not that witty. Let a mod know, maybe they could enlighten the both of us.
edit on 11/14/2015 by homeskillet because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 14 2015 @ 04:54 PM
link   
a reply to: AlphaPred

The past year or so has been most enlightening regarding fact that gmo's are incredibly dangerous and covered up by corporations and governments since the '70's

Can you provide any of that new information? There is none in the OP.

Covered up since the '70s? Interesting, since the first GMO was not created until the '80s and none were in commercial use until the '90s.

Been saving up a "I told you so"
When are you going to spend it?

edit on 11/14/2015 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 14 2015 @ 05:29 PM
link   
a reply to: peppycat

and I can't figure out why Americans don't worry about it too much.

Because between 'climate change' and 'terrorists', evil bankers, 'Gun violence'.

GMO has to get in line on the list of things that are gonna 'kill' us.

I wish people would stop being so pantaphobic.

posted on Nov, 14 2015 @ 05:31 PM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

The glycophosphate can be reactivated by the addition of phosphorous so fertilizing the land will actually rejuvinate the glycophosphate.
False. Glyphosate (not "glycophosphate") breaks down. It cannot be "rejuvinated" by fertilizer. That's not the way chemistry works.
www.cdpr.ca.gov...

So if they keep spraying the fields often, sooner or later it will be hard to grow anything else there other than GMO and fertilize it.
Glyphosate has been used on fields since before there were any GM crops and continues to be. It is sprayed before planting of non-GM crops, it's called "pre-emergent" treatment, and after harvesting.
www.glyphosate.eu...
edit on 11/14/2015 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 14 2015 @ 10:28 PM
link   
a reply to: theMediator

I I have have not hacked anything. There is a glitch when the forum changed their host. Not my f****** fault.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join