It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Attacks in Paris a preclude of things to come in the U.S.

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 14 2015 @ 12:31 PM
link   
If people have the desire to become martyrs, it is my humanitarian duty to help them to do so, Out of the goodness of my heart and my desire to help people achieve the goals they desire.

I just want to help people be happy and feel satsfied.....

SARC
edit on 14-11-2015 by MyHappyDogShiner because: ORLY

posted on Nov, 14 2015 @ 12:38 PM
link   
Looks like a small agreement about Assad removal from power by western and eastern diplomat's in Vienna. Removal will start by Jan. 2016. How this plays out who knows.

posted on Nov, 14 2015 @ 12:43 PM
link   
a reply to: hillbilly4rent

Russia is even on board. Where else can Syria turn at this point? China loves their current power/money too much to even care.

posted on Nov, 14 2015 @ 12:48 PM
link   
a reply to: blujack21

I agree about China. I'm just hoping they have figured out a way to stop the civil war. Time will tell.

posted on Nov, 14 2015 @ 12:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: Swills
a reply to: sirlancelot

Give you a break? Those are cold hard facts. Finally, in 2011, since 2003, we pulled our troops and it was Bush who set those wheels into motion. Guess what, most of America wanted the military out of Iraq but of course military advisers will always say MORE WAR!!! Had we never invaded Iraq events today would be much different.

Stop blaming Obama and start blaming everyone else in DC who continues to push for more war in the Middle East. Way to fall under their spell....

W said we would leave Iraq when the job was done; not a day sooner, not a day later. The US went from invader to nation builder.
Obama negotiated a departure too soon and things went downhill. (imagine bailing on Nazi Germany in 1946 when Nazism was still a factor.)

posted on Nov, 14 2015 @ 01:12 PM
link   
As others have stated, building walls wont prevent these things. Unchecked immigration is an issue, but the solutions will not be so clear cut.

I think the situation in the US might play out a bit differently as well. Groups like BLM are ripe for infiltration and due to current methods and rhetoric, are being largely ignored by the general public. Depending on how such groups react to these current attacks, it might warrant a closer look.

I'm not sure humanity will ever learn how to live side by side with different social groups. Given that, our best bet may be coming up with creative courses of action that have only recently become feasible with the advent of technologies like the internet. Either way, I'm not convinced that old, common solutions will solve these conflicts even if the conflicts are as old as our species.

We aren't very good at doing anything new, but these things have always been an uphill battle.

posted on Nov, 14 2015 @ 01:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: blujack21

originally posted by: Discotech

originally posted by: ErrorErrorError
Why would isis attack the hand that feeds them ?

A wild animal will always be wild no matter how much you try to tame it

True but even the Joker needed resources to put it off. Terrorism isn't cheap and they need someone to pay for it.

And that somebody would Saudi Arabia
the mobsters of the Middle East

posted on Nov, 14 2015 @ 01:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: MyHappyDogShiner
If people have the desire to become martyrs, it is my humanitarian duty to help them to do so, Out of the goodness of my heart and my desire to help people achieve the goals they desire.

I just want to help people be happy and feel satsfied.....

SARC

As long as were the ones killing them lol

posted on Nov, 14 2015 @ 01:17 PM
link   
a reply to: Discotech

If it wasn't the Saudis in the ME it was the Iranians. The ME is one giant proxy war between Sunni and Shi'a. ISIS strikes me as the disaffected, severely poisoned ideology that grew out of that mess.

posted on Nov, 14 2015 @ 01:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: seagull
a reply to: SPECULUM

Necessary evil, huh?

I'm sure many atrocities throughout history have said much the same sort of thing.

Kill 'em all, let God sort 'em out.

Odd, how those terrorists say much the same sort of thing. I thought we were different?

The difference is other religions aren't running around chopping peoples heads off , suicide bombing, shooting, throwing off buildings, burning, and Raping people all in the name of god.. We are different

posted on Nov, 14 2015 @ 01:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: SPECULUM

Necessary evil, huh?

I'm sure many atrocities throughout history have said much the same sort of thing.

Odd, how those terrorists say much the same sort of thing. I thought we were different?

The difference is other religions aren't running around chopping peoples heads off , suicide bombing, shooting, throwing off buildings, burning, and Raping people all in the name of god.. We are different

No, you just aim to beat their kill numbers with nukes or MOABs. Your mentality is just as sick & blind as theirs is.
edit on 11/14/2015 by Nyiah because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 14 2015 @ 01:26 PM
link   
a reply to: works4dhs

Disagree think its opposite we went from nation builder to invader. We did nothing to build up Afghanistan or Iraq, we relied on its own people to do it. Instead we invaded, and said "hey you guys guess what and now you get to clean it up". We actually thought they wanted western freedom and it was going to be enough, that was our biggest stupidity.

posted on Nov, 14 2015 @ 02:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: Nyiah

Necessary evil, huh?

No, you just aim to beat their kill numbers with nukes or MOABs. Your mentality is just as sick & blind as theirs is.
You better wake up and smell the Napalm and get with the program...they have every intention of killing you

posted on Nov, 14 2015 @ 02:19 PM
link   
A huge LOL on the wall idea. This is cultural more than anything else. A clash of civilizations (or what we imagine to be civil from our side). This isn't millenia ago, a wall does little for modern societies.

I think we need to ride this out for the long haul. As you stated it's simple attacks, but this is like playing a game of chess. You position and attack with pawns while developing a strategy involving more powerful figures later in the game.

I look to directly attacking what seems to be attacking you as folly. Look behind what energizes your adversary and guide their misconceptions towards your flavor of truth. This won't end anytime soon any which way. Keep calm and game on!

posted on Nov, 14 2015 @ 02:20 PM
link   

You better wake up and smell the Napalm and get with the program...they have every intention of killing you

The difference is we can control how we conduct ourselves. We have little to no control over how extremists conduct themselves.

Furthermore, you condemn acts of violence on one hand and condone acts of violence on the other. It's called being a hypocrite.

posted on Nov, 14 2015 @ 04:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: hillbilly4rent
Looks like a small agreement about Assad removal from power by western and eastern diplomat's in Vienna. Removal will start by Jan. 2016. How this plays out who knows.

You have a link for that? I am still wondering how removing a moderate like Assad will help stop the spread of Islamic extremism.

ISIS wants Assad gone, none of this makes any sense, so the only logical conclusion is that its not about fighting terrorism, its about removing Assad.

Which is what Obama & Kerry tried to do before, but their efforts were refused by Americans and others. Now all that has changed, See how that works? ~$heopleNation
edit on 14-11-2015 by SheopleNation because: TypO

posted on Nov, 14 2015 @ 05:55 PM
link   
a reply to: citizenx1
You forget Farrakhan's NOI, and many other Muslims in the US want a Caliphate They already have training camps in the US complete with automatic weapons and Grenade Launchers and the FBI knows it yet not one raid on any of their facilities.

posted on Nov, 15 2015 @ 12:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: ChesterJohn
a reply to: citizenx1
You forget Farrakhan's NOI, and many other Muslims in the US want a Caliphate

They can desire a caliphate all they like, doesn't mean they're going to get it. Just like the religious right in this country wanting a Christian theocracy. It isn't happening.

They already have training camps in the US complete with automatic weapons and Grenade Launchers and the FBI knows it yet not one raid on any of their facilities.

Source?

I'm not talking about Glen Beck or any other goofy blog or vlog. I'm talking about a legitimate source that points out the existence of these "camps" with clear intents of malfeasance and/or violation of law.

posted on Nov, 15 2015 @ 02:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: introvert

Its all going to come down to violating the Constitution to rid ourselves of a Cancerous religion that breeds terrorists.

Deportation and imprisonment IE: The Crusades. Its going to become a global witch hunt on Islam. And if any of this happens here in the US? You had better not be Muslim, because all the law in the land isn't going to stop the "Serious Americans" from removing the threat.

Regardless of who created what, and under what religion, or for what reason. Islam is a prehistoric 3rd world following that doesn't have the means to defend itself from 200,000,000 pissed off Armed Patriots, and the billions across the globe that's tired of you and your silly BS antics

This is truly a sad day. Not only have people been killed by terrorists for no good reason, it appears we are going to begin the next holocaust at the same time.

This may very well become one of the worst stains on our history as a species.

Its the only way to end the ignorance. I see no other way.. you cannot negotiate with suicide bombers, and fanatics

A holocaust is the only way to end ignorance?

I rarely use acronyms, but WTF?

What the hell is going on here?
Its not a Holocaust, its a necessary Evil. Consider it Chemo for Cancer..These folks aren't innocent Jews, They are plotting murderers

I'm at a loss for words.

God help us all.

---

Introvert...you just need to understand that some
Of us are highly aggressive and do the dirty work
Others just don't want to do.

And to show that everyone reacts differently
To life events i can give you an example of
One previous post that espouses that MOST
Soldiers who do war-like activities get PTSD
And are traumatised....That is UTTER BILGE !!!

A soldier does HIS OR HER JOB like any other
You suck it up and just do it. I point my Browning
At a head and i pull the trigger. It explodes like
A pumpkin. I pack up and goto my next target!

Its a JOB! I don't get all bothered by it and i am
Definitely NOT traumatized by it. I don't have
PTSD because a brain is like a computer ...
You switch OFF parts of your mind do your damn
Job and when you finish that job you turn that
part on Again and go back to your regular home
Life.

And when 90% of us do exactly that day in
And day out, in a cooperative GROUP it means
You can do amazing things like Build a house...build a ship...or win a war!!!!

Yes! This IS A WAR !!! SO we will just DO OUR
Damn jobs and if that means i have to GO BACK
To exploding people's heads like a pumpkin so
That YOU can feel safe living in North America
Then that is what we WILL DO!!!

And if we have to explode 1000, ten thousand
Or one hundred thousand ISIS heads then
so be it...LET US DO THE DIRTY WORK!

We know how to do our jobs and once we're
Done there will be almost NO ISSUE with most
Of us going back to normal lives without a care
In the world because 95% of us will be able
To compartmentalize OUR JOB ( i.e. killing
Nasty people!) from the rest of our lives!!!

AND THAT is what will stop a terrorist group
Or win an entire war! Let us do our JOBS and
You WILL be able to stay all cozy and safe!
edit on 2015/11/15 by StargateSG7 because: sp

posted on Nov, 15 2015 @ 11:05 AM
link   
a reply to: GD21D

Saw one with my own eyes while hunting in South Central Virginia, south of Appomattox. We were hiking through private and public land and kept hearing enormous explosions and automatic fire. We knew we weren't going to bag any deer in that area. But we were curious to see. We came upon a partially walled and entirely fenced off area barbed wire and everything. After few minutes we see some rocket propelled grenades go flying though and hit a target looked like an burned out SUV or a crumple panel truck just beyond the tree line.

We got the heck out of there and on the way out we turned down a path that led to a road and at the end was a large gate and you could see a minaret of a mosque and armed guards out front. We walked the opposite way and one of them fired a shot over our heads.

We reported the fact they fired a shot over us to a local sheriff and he apologized but wouldn't go near the place to warn them. they got the local law fearful.

edit on 15-11-2015 by ChesterJohn because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9 >>

join