It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gays: Evolution's Success Story?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 16 2015 @ 03:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: SPECULUM
Well, apparently you never studied the Plague's. Where hundreds of millions died, mostly due to the fact that there genetics couldn't handle the strain, and only the ones that were diverse could...This is a result of Breeding.

There is no point in nature that takes a break. It must constantly Evolve to ensure its Survival...Its Life's Programming, Not Just Tax Paying Registered Voting Sexual Consumers

The plagues have nothing to do with it. During the majority of those plagues, earth's population was under 2 billion and we survived.

Simply breeding non stop to hopefully survive a future plague is silly. Breeding our population to the breaking point is not going to prevent plagues and diseases because natural selection doesn't work without the selection factor. Before a disease outbreak, there is no way to tell who is immune and who is not. When it happens you will know because the ones who are not will die. That is natural selection and without that factor, developing immunity to certain disease can easily get lost over time since there isn't a selection factor for those genes regardless of how high the population is.
edit on 11 16 15 by Barcs because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 16 2015 @ 04:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: Darth_Prime
a reply to: SPECULUM

Gays are the New Plauge?
Possibly...Rome wasn't built in a day

posted on Nov, 16 2015 @ 04:27 PM
link   
I thought the leading theory was epigentic, concerning the idea of hormones inside the womb turning certain genes on and off. If the hormone levels were off a bit and the fetus was carrying a certain variant of the gene the chance of being homosexual was increased.
It allows the the gene(s) to skip around a bit and go stealth for a while.
There are quite a few epigenetic genes that have huge impacts on personality, looking at you serotonin transporter gene.

The interesting question is when genetic engineering is the norm will we wipe out these genes?

posted on Nov, 16 2015 @ 04:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: Barcs

Well, apparently you never studied the Plague's. Where hundreds of millions died, mostly due to the fact that there genetics couldn't handle the strain, and only the ones that were diverse could...This is a result of Breeding.

There is no point in nature that takes a break. It must constantly Evolve to ensure its Survival...Its Life's Programming, Not Just Tax Paying Registered Voting Sexual Consumers

The plagues have nothing to do with it. During the majority of those plagues, earth's population was under 2 billion and we survived.

Simply breeding non stop to hopefully survive a future plague is silly. Breeding our population to the breaking point is not going to prevent plagues and diseases because natural selection doesn't work without the selection factor. Before a disease outbreak, there is no way to tell who is immune and who is not. When it happens you will know because the ones who are not will die. That is natural selection and without that factor, developing immunity to certain disease can easily get lost over time since there isn't a selection factor for those genes regardless of how high the population is.
Homosexuality is the Answer...Isn't it? Its the Answer to EVERYTHING

posted on Nov, 16 2015 @ 06:15 PM
link   

Possibly? that is a lot of Responsibility, i hope we do it Justice than

posted on Nov, 16 2015 @ 08:58 PM
link   

So in a nutshell the World is coming to and end because of gay people.

Got it.

posted on Nov, 16 2015 @ 09:01 PM
link   
a reply to: jellyrev

The interesting question is when genetic engineering is the norm will we wipe out these genes?

I don't think it will be wiped out. I think parents will make selections. Which comes with its own ethical issues of course.

Or maybe it will be like the movie Gattaca.

posted on Nov, 17 2015 @ 06:44 AM
link   
a reply to: PraeterLambo

From what I understand Evolution is like a computer program that tweaks and learns as it's going with the end goal being perfection or reaching a point where any more tweaking would be detrimental.

Then you do not understand evolution.

posted on Nov, 17 2015 @ 11:57 AM
link   

Homosexuality is the Answer...Isn't it? Its the Answer to EVERYTHING

Nope that would be 42.

The answer is responsible breeding.

posted on Nov, 19 2015 @ 06:57 AM
link   
a reply to: Lucid Lunacy
But you did choose who you decided to have sex with.....HOW IS THAT NOT A CHOICE!

posted on Nov, 19 2015 @ 07:11 AM
link   
a reply to: odinsway

Of course that's a choice. That's a different discussion.

Sexual orientation has to do with underlying attraction. All that stuff that precedes the action.

If I chose to never have sex I would still be attracted to the genders i'm attracted to. Surely you can recall being attracted to the opposite sex when you were a virgin, right? You didn't choose that, right? That's your sexual orientation at work.

No need to yell.
edit on 19-11-2015 by Lucid Lunacy because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 23 2015 @ 09:30 PM
link   
As the OP is no longer available to debate his topic, this thread is closed.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join