It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Attacks in Paris LIVE - Multiple Shootings, Hostages, Suicide Bombers, and Explosions 120 Dead +

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 13 2015 @ 06:18 PM
link   
a reply to: sirlancelot

No because no one knows that yet.

I know it seems like the most likely connection but hasn't been confirmed.

I wouldn't bet against it at this point, but the president shouldn't say something that isn't confirmed.
And there is more reasons why he doesn't say that, just like those before him.

He doesn't want to feed into the divide of hating all people who subscribe to Islam.
thinkprogress.org...
You may not agree with that, but doesn't mean he is apologizing.
edit on thFri, 13 Nov 2015 18:20:14 -0600America/Chicago1120151480 by Sremmos80 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 13 2015 @ 06:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust
a reply to: IAMTAT

Where are you seeing this number? CNN is stuck on "at least 43". I need to change the channel.

Fox reporting from Sky News. 120-30 total dead counted so far from several of the scenes.

link   

originally posted by: IAMTAT

originally posted by: sirlancelot

originally posted by: opethPA

originally posted by: IAMTAT

originally posted by: KingKelson
Sorry just got the news. Terrible...I don't know what else to say...prayers to the victims and their families.

Don't mean to be politicizing but has Obama or any official said anything? Or even Merkel or anyone?

Kerry said something or other.

Thank you....

Please, I know it's a requirement to bash the US and Obama but it would have taken all of about a 5 second search to see that the POTUS commented directly on the attack.

Owww.cnn.com...

But did he say that it was from ISLAMIC TERRORIST! Wake up

Lets keep politics out of the discussion at this point....bodies are still coming in.

link   
From the Gaurdian feed:

www.theguardian.com...-56467469e4b091c2edb6cb48

Guardian picture editor Karin Andreasson is in Paris for a photography festival. She reports:

I was on my way to meet some friends at a restaurant near the Goncourt Metro in the 11th arrondissement at 21:45. When I left the Metro station I saw riot officers storming a restaurant and police tape blocking off the road. That’s when I received a text from my friend saying “Karin don’t get out of the subway, there were gun shots, crazy! Go back to the hotel, you won’t even be able to get in the street...’ I went straight back to the hotel.

link   

originally posted by: kosmicjack
Not to pivot too much but...the timing cannot be dismissed. The timing and targets of this will have a chilling effect on the Christian holiday season around the world. People will think twice about congregating for festivities or shopping.

It's unbelievable to me that we are here at this point in the year 2015. It's like we are going backwards.

Good point.

I have family in Italy that I planned on seeing soon. My son has never met his cousins there, and I can tell you that there is no chance in hell we are traveling to Europe anytime soon.

This is going to have implications far reaching, and at multiple levels.
edit on 13-11-2015 by Realtruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 13 2015 @ 06:22 PM
link   
If ISIS is the perpetrator, these France attacks are far more worrisome than what they did to that Russian airliner 2 weeks ago. Not everyone flies regularly, but (almost) everyone goes shopping, to movies, etc..

ISIS blew up 40+ people in Lebanon earlier in the week, but that barely made a headline. Interesting how differently these two bombings are being treated by the media.

link   
A restaurant near the concert hall was converted to received wounded people. The reporter on France 24 said several dozens of people were killed in the concert hall.
edit on 13-11-2015 by ipsedixit because: (no reason given)

link   
This tragic event won't be the last unless Europe closes it's borders. Stop taking in the terrorists.

link   
a reply to: Realtruth

Agreed. Especially all of Europe is at risk but, really - everywhere. It's 2001 all over again. And not just because of Paris. But Russian plane, Lebanon, Bagdad, Paris. All in the span of 13 days.

link   
2 bombs were suicide bombers.

posted on Nov, 13 2015 @ 06:23 PM
link   
a reply to: IAMTAT

Thank you.

posted on Nov, 13 2015 @ 06:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: sirlancelot

originally posted by: Tiamat384
Not trying to jump the gun here, but Europe should have expected more dissent after giving permission for the "refugees" to enter the borders and with so little control over who exactly comes through the gates. This is only the beginning, and I say that because why would they stop. In World War 2 Japan woke the dragon, the USA. Since about the 1980s the West has funded what would become a terrorist organization and now, not only has the West woken the beast, much of the West welcomes it into West. This is horrible, this is tragic. But this very likely could have been prevented. Close the borders, close the gates. If the EU tells you to take these people, but are they, then tell them to piss off and if anything paying with paper is better than paying with the loss of culture and lives.

With Obama as our potus there will be no dragon awakening! He can even say ISLAMIC TERRORIST in his pressed!

Good. Last POTUS who "awakened the dragon" led to these events going on right now. America's Middle Eastern foreign policy is about as successful as our War on Drugs. A small group benefits while the public suffers. ISIS is probably to blame for this and like clock work a Syrian invasion will begin in the next few short weeks.

People are easily controlled by their emotions. This will probably mirror the aftermath of 9/11.

posted on Nov, 13 2015 @ 06:25 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

Agreed. Lebanon has been almost abandoned by western media due to their nexus between Israel and Syria. The Lebanese people are wonderful and forsaken.

posted on Nov, 13 2015 @ 06:26 PM
link   
a reply to: chiefsmomthe 2016 elections may not be held at all. Widespread anarchy gripping the country could be reason enough for the Obama administration to announce the implementation of martial law and the suspension of some, if not all, of Americans’ constitutionally protected rights — including the right to vote and hold national elections.
Read more at www.commdiginews.com...

posted on Nov, 13 2015 @ 06:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust
If ISIS is the perpetrator, these France attacks are far more worrisome than what they did to that Russian airliner 2 weeks ago. Not everyone flies regularly, but (almost) everyone goes shopping, to movies, etc..

ISIS blew up 40+ people in Lebanon earlier in the week, but that barely made a headline. Interesting how differently these two bombings are being treated by the media.

People rarely care about terrorist attacks unless it happens in a first world country.

posted on Nov, 13 2015 @ 06:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: madenusa
a reply to: chiefsmomthe 2016 elections may not be held at all. Widespread anarchy gripping the country could be reason enough for the Obama administration to announce the implementation of martial law and the suspension of some, if not all, of Americans’ constitutionally protected rights — including the right to vote and hold national elections.
Read more at www.commdiginews.com...

Yeah. Except these attacks happened in another country. This is France we're talking about. They can handle their own. No need to panic. We'll be there to support them in anyway necessary. Russia can handle Syria. Don't buy into the panic.
edit on 13-11-2015 by amazing because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 13 2015 @ 06:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: Swills

People rarely care about terrorist attacks unless it happens in a first world country.

It's a sad fact in our self-centered world.

Well ISIS got the attention with their full fledged Jihad.

posted on Nov, 13 2015 @ 06:28 PM
link   
double post
edit on 13-11-2015 by Realtruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 13 2015 @ 06:31 PM
link   
SKY News: over 140 dead by latest count.

posted on Nov, 13 2015 @ 06:33 PM
link   
AFP 3 attackers killed at concert hall.
Paris City Hall Statement: About 140 killed.

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join