It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Attacks in Paris LIVE - Multiple Shootings, Hostages, Suicide Bombers, and Explosions 120 Dead +

page: 14
<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 13 2015 @ 09:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: Vroomfondel

originally posted by: symphonyofblase

The very first news report I heard said witnesses heard the shooters shouting "alla akbar". I have not heard that since the very first report. Did anyone else hear that and if so, have you heard it since the first report?

I haven't read anything like that, what location was this supposedly at?
The attackers at the Bataclan Theatre said nothing.

www.abc.net.au...

Julian Pierce, a journalist from Europe 1 radio, was inside the Bataclan theatre in eastern Paris on Friday night when shooting began.

We heard so many gunshots and the terrorists were very calm, very determined and they reloaded three or four times their weapons and they didn't shout anything. They didn't say anything

Asked if he could hear what language they were speaking, he replied, "Nothing. I heard nothing, just the yelling and screaming of the people. They didn't shout anything. They didn't say anything. They said nothing. They just shot. They just shoot. They were just shooting at people.

I was watching the news, either nbc or abc.

The quotes you cited, especially the one, seem very strange. Why would anyone go out of their way to say the shooters did not shout anything and said nothing? If I was talking to the news or the police, I would talk about what they DID do, not what they didnt... I find that questionable at best.

Your comment and reasoning make no sense at all.
The guy is a journalist, how did he go out of his way to make a statement?
He did mention what they did do, and that was shooting silently at people.

Your logic is flawed. If he is a journalist, he is reporting what he was told by witnesses, unless he saw it himself. And I did a quick search and found numerous versions of what happened, including several saying the shooters shouted allahu akbar.

There is a thing called the rashamon effect where people who witness an event often come up with very different versions of what happened.

Dont be so quick to condemn anything different from what you first heard. Due diligence is a necessity in life.

No, YOUR logic is flawed.

He. Was. There. When. It. Happened.

posted on Nov, 13 2015 @ 09:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: kosmicjack
I had to stop reading the r/ live thread or following twitter. Too emotional. My God, the panic. I can't stop wondering/worrying about all of those people who used social media in the midst of what was going on.

I'm glad I wasn't active on forums in 2001.

This is indeed the age of social media, for better or worse. I cant help but wonder how long it will be before we see the first mid-attack selfie. I really hate to say it, but I honestly believe someone somewhere actually did it...

posted on Nov, 13 2015 @ 09:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: Starcrossd
a reply to: symphonyofblase

www.france24.com... cker-paris-concert-hall-shouted-allahu-akbar-fired-crowd-witness

Dead Link?

posted on Nov, 13 2015 @ 09:25 PM
link   
In case anyone missed this humanity in the midst of hell:

#porteouverte

#StrandedInUS

People connecting to help those stranded in place due to the terror attacks. Please don't post to those hashtags unless you actually need to use them.

It's a wonderful thing.
edit on 11/13/2015 by kosmicjack because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 13 2015 @ 09:27 PM
link   

The very first news report I heard said witnesses heard the shooters shouting "alla akbar". I have not heard that since the very first report. Did anyone else hear that and if so, have you heard it since the first report?

www.abc.net.au...

Julian Pierce, a journalist from Europe 1 radio, was inside the Bataclan theatre in eastern Paris on Friday night when shooting began.

We heard so many gunshots and the terrorists were very calm, very determined and they reloaded three or four times their weapons and they didn't shout anything. They didn't say anything

Asked if he could hear what language they were speaking, he replied, "Nothing. I heard nothing, just the yelling and screaming of the people. They didn't shout anything. They didn't say anything. They said nothing. They just shot. They just shoot. They were just shooting at people.

The quotes you cited, especially the one, seem very strange. Why would anyone go out of their way to say the shooters did not shout anything and said nothing? If I was talking to the news or the police, I would talk about what they DID do, not what they didnt... I find that questionable at best.

Your logic is flawed. If he is a journalist, he is reporting what he was told by witnesses, unless he saw it himself. And I did a quick search and found numerous versions of what happened, including several saying the shooters shouted allahu akbar.

There is a thing called the rashamon effect where people who witness an event often come up with very different versions of what happened.

Dont be so quick to condemn anything different from what you first heard. Due diligence is a necessity in life.

Well. Good. For. Him. And. Good. For. You.

Now, if we are finished with the Captain Kirk impersonations, how do you explain all the opposing versions of the same event? Also from people who were there...

posted on Nov, 13 2015 @ 09:32 PM
link   
a reply to: Vroomfondel

There was a guy that was inside the theater that said he didn't hear them say anything.
Not to say it wasn't said else where though.

edit on thFri, 13 Nov 2015 21:41:08 -0600America/Chicago1120150880 by Sremmos80 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 13 2015 @ 09:34 PM
link   

www.abc.net.au...

Now, if we are finished with the Captain Kirk impersonations, how do you explain all the opposing versions of the same event? Also from people who were there...

People freak out in intense situations and some completely lose their **** altogether.
They imagine things that didn't even happen. This is common knowledge, I don't even know why I have to explain this.
So I'm going to side with the guy who's been reporting news since 2009, and has probably been trained not to freak out in these situations.

posted on Nov, 13 2015 @ 09:35 PM
link   

www.france24.com... cker-paris-concert-hall-shouted-allahu-akbar-fired-crowd-witness

Dead Link?
sorry- i fixed it I think

posted on Nov, 13 2015 @ 09:39 PM
link   

I know what I heard and I found other news articles that repeated it. I believe there is an effort to hide that particular part of the reporting now.

Now one article says they shouted, "...slogans condemning France's role in Syria" but does not elaborate on what was actually said. Shouting slogans condemning France's role in Syria seems like a lot of work to do while gunning down hundreds of innocent victims.

There have been numerous threads and quotes here at ATS already about news agencies not reporting the whole story on violence by islamist's, especially the recent rash of immigrants in Europe. I don't think we are getting the whole story here.

posted on Nov, 13 2015 @ 09:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sremmos80
a reply to: Vroomfondel

There was a guy from the that was inside the theater that said he didn't hear them say anything.
Not to say it wasn't said else where though.

I tried to address exactly that. The rashamon effect, where people who witness the same event have very different versions of what actually happened. In a closed room, even a stadium, with guns going off there is no telling who heard what at one end of the room compared to the other.

posted on Nov, 13 2015 @ 09:49 PM
link   

www.abc.net.au...

People freak out in intense situations and some completely lose their **** altogether.
They imagine things that didn't even happen. This is common knowledge, I don't even know why I have to explain this.
So I'm going to side with the guy who's been reporting news since 2009, and has probably been trained not to freak out in these situations.

I find it amusing that you can say "people freak out in intense situations and some completely lose their **** altogether. They imagine things that didn't even happen." Yet you also believe that this one reporter has somehow been "trained" to not freak out. He must be some kind of superman...who was also a reporter... lmao

There are more news agencies now reporting that the shooters did shout allahu akbar. One persons perspective is not the whole picture. And who knows, maybe your reporter is the one who freaked out, lost his **** and reported something that never even happened...
edit on 13-11-2015 by Vroomfondel because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 13 2015 @ 09:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: gps777

Albert Pike and Three World Wars

Who was Albert Pike

Pay particular notice that it was penned in 1871 before WW1 and WW2 and what was said about the coming WW3

did you notice WW4 wasn`t mentioned?

What!? Wow! I have heard the name but never read his account before-- incredible and scary accurate. Thanks for posting the links

posted on Nov, 13 2015 @ 09:50 PM
link   
a reply to: DerekJR321

How'd that work out for ya? Hows that "no guns" thing workin out too? Maybe if your citizens were armed they could have stopped this.

Just the statement I was looking for.

I knew sombody with some huevos referred to this because
I would have. You gotta work on that delivery just a tad tho.

Brutal
edit on Rpm111315v53201500000042 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 13 2015 @ 09:53 PM
link   
So tragic. Been watching the news and reading here. Makes my heart hurt to know the numbers of victims will climb from here. Is there a member who lives in Paris? Even if this wasn't refugees, won't this cause others to follow suit?

a reply to: gps777

I just read through the first link. Is this real? Sorry, I don't know of a better way to put it. I'd never heard the name before.

posted on Nov, 13 2015 @ 09:57 PM
link   

www.abc.net.au...

I find it amusing that you can say "people freak out in intense situations and some completely lose their **** altogether. They imagine things that didn't even happen." Yet you also believe that this one reporter has somehow been "trained" to not freak out. He must be some kind of superman...who was also a reporter... lmao

There are more news agencies now reporting that the shooters did shout allahu akbar. One persons perspective is not the whole picture. And who knows, maybe your reporter is the one who freaked out, lost his **** and reported something that never even happened...

I find it amusing that, if we use the logic you just applied, it merely renders both sides of the story not credible.
Yet you have already chosen a side before anything has been confirmed.

posted on Nov, 13 2015 @ 10:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: gps777

originally posted by: Kali74
a reply to: IAMTAT

In my opinion Islamic extremists such as ISIS, al qaeda, etc... want us in the ME specifically because we create power vacuums that they can then fill. They want us to clear out the moderates, the 'liberal' and those that want to progress beyond traditional roles and ways of life, they want to be left with a traumatized, poor, starving populace that they can 'save'. Continuing to accommodate them or foster them even because we want their resources is foolish.

By design?

Albert Pike and Three World Wars

Who was Albert Pike

Pay particular notice that it was penned in 1871 before WW1 and WW2 and what was said about the coming WW3.

did you notice WW4 wasn`t mentioned?

That letter has been debunked plenty of times, William Guy Carr who first wrote about the letter admits he never saw it, and the museum it was supposed to be at didn't have it/never had a record for it. There have been multiple threads about the subject on here.
edit on 13-11-2015 by nancyliedersdeaddog because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 13 2015 @ 10:10 PM
link   
a reply to: Kentuckymama

Makes my heart hurt to know the numbers of victims will climb from here.

That there even are any victims is only something you've
heard. You can believe it if you like?

posted on Nov, 13 2015 @ 10:10 PM
link   

www.abc.net.au...

I find it amusing that, if we use the logic you just applied, it merely renders both sides of the story not credible.
Yet you have already chosen a side before anything has been confirmed.

You obviously made your choice in what you are going to believe. You cite a reference and choose to believe it while fabricating fantasy about how other people's sources cant be trusted. You choose to ignore the numerous sources now reporting what happened and can not acknowledge that perhaps not everyone heard/saw the same thing. If it doesn't fit your personal view it simply cant be real. I leave you to your fabricated world. I prefer to live in the real one, even with atrocious acts of savagery like this...

I am flipping through the channels and I am disturbed by the number of people I see telling the world to be careful not to blame all of islam for the acts of a few extremists, "IF" that is who did this. That bothers me. No one starts out on the far side of extreme and tones it down to the level of an extremist. Every extremist passed through the stage of moderate on the way to becoming extreme. Today's moderate could be tomorrow's suicide bomber. When is it ok to err on the side of caution?
edit on 13-11-2015 by Vroomfondel because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 13 2015 @ 10:19 PM
link   
a reply to: randyvs

Are you saying you don't believe there were any people killed tonight? Sorry, just trying to understand your comment.

posted on Nov, 13 2015 @ 10:22 PM
link   
Europe has been invaded. The U.S. has been invaded. And Liberal policies are now a CLEAR AND PRESENT DANGER!

Period

new topics

top topics

<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join