It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Attacks in Paris LIVE - Multiple Shootings, Hostages, Suicide Bombers, and Explosions 120 Dead +

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+42 more 
posted on Nov, 13 2015 @ 04:12 PM
link   
Breaking News! : This is not good folks. Looks like the work of a large group.

It appears that there are 7 different locations throughout Paris, so this appears to be some type of a coordinated attack.

Hostages have also been taken. The reports from people that got out of the concert hall were that people are dead everywhere, and that gunman were shooting people for 15 minutes, on a continual basis. Gunman apparently have have just tossed explosives into the remaining hostages, in desperation of being taken alive. I hope this is not the case.

*Update: France's President is speaking and says they know who is responsible, everyone needs to stick together, and that people should not show fear.

Live Coverage here BBC

And more here: Paris Bomings, hostages, and Attacks Coverage

Live Coverage Watch France 24

Live Coverage In French Only

CBS Still Images and News

21:59 The France 24 network has interviewed a witness to a shooting outside the restaurant, Anne-Sophie. “Everyone was outside on the terrace of the restaurant when all of a sudden we saw these masked men start firing in all directions. It felt like it lasted a long time.” She said there was “an enormous amount of injured”.

At least one man opened fire with an automatic gun at the Petit Cambodge restaurant in the 11th district. Shooting has also been heard near the Bataclan arts centre with reports of hostages have been taken there. Three explosions are also reported outside a bar near the Stade de France, where France were hosting Germany.

www.bbc.com...

Reporter says:

A BBC journalist at the Petit Cambodge restaurant says he can see 10 people on the road either dead or seriously injured. He says police have now arrived and sealed off the area. An eyewitness told Liberation he had heard more than 100 rounds being fired at a cafe in rue de Charonne.

Cafe Window Pic.

My thoughts and heart go out to those families that lost their loved ones.

edit on 13-11-2015 by Realtruth because: (no reason given)

edit on 11.14.2015 by Kandinsky because: Updated the casualty figures

posted on Nov, 13 2015 @ 04:16 PM
link   
OMG.

this is insane.

---

lets get more details before making wild assumptions though.

so dont jump the gun and point fingers until more pertinent news is released. (not likely)

posted on Nov, 13 2015 @ 04:30 PM
link   
a reply to: Realtruth

Here we go again , there are reports of suicide bombers and 100 hostages taken at a theater.
From the reports coming in it looks like a Mumbai style attack , worrying times.

edit on 13-11-2015 by gortex because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 13 2015 @ 04:30 PM
link   
a reply to: odzeandennz
Ok…
Gee, I wonder who could have done that?….

Terrible news aside, wtf is going on?

posted on Nov, 13 2015 @ 04:36 PM
link   
The French president was apparently at the Stade de France so there is speculation it is a targeted attack. He has been evacuated.

The explosion at the stadium could be heard on the live coverage of the soccer match.

French soccer match coverage

posted on Nov, 13 2015 @ 04:37 PM
link   
a reply to: Realtruth

Sadly television services now reporting 60 dead .
edit on 13-11-2015 by hutch622 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 13 2015 @ 04:38 PM
link   
60- 100 hostages had been taken in a concert hall

"An assault of the Bataclan concert venue is under way, tweets Libération journalist Matthieu Ecoiffier.

It is reported that there are between 60 and 100 hostages inside."

"Paris no claim of responsibility yet but Islamic State supporters are praising the attack on social media with 'Paris in flames' hashtag"

bbc

+16 more 
posted on Nov, 13 2015 @ 04:40 PM
link   
Not trying to jump the gun here, but Europe should have expected more dissent after giving permission for the "refugees" to enter the borders and with so little control over who exactly comes through the gates. This is only the beginning, and I say that because why would they stop. In World War 2 Japan woke the dragon, the USA. Since about the 1980s the West has funded what would become a terrorist organization and now, not only has the West woken the beast, much of the West welcomes it into West. This is horrible, this is tragic. But this very likely could have been prevented. Close the borders, close the gates. If the EU tells you to take these people, but are they, then tell them to piss off and if anything paying with paper is better than paying with the loss of culture and lives.

posted on Nov, 13 2015 @ 04:43 PM
link   
In my sad humble opinion this will be the start of a war in Europe.

I really hope I'm wrong, but this will not and cannot be over-looked.

posted on Nov, 13 2015 @ 04:49 PM
link   
wow....is anyone surprised? I sure aint. Sad day for paris and the whole of europe......this is only the begining I fear.

posted on Nov, 13 2015 @ 04:51 PM
link   
Just heard this on the radio and immediately jumped to ATS.

Radio is reporting 35 confirmed deaths!

My thoughts are with Paris.

posted on Nov, 13 2015 @ 04:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: NowWhat
a reply to: odzeandennz
Ok…
Gee, I wonder who could have done that?….

Terrible news aside, wtf is going on?

Angry TEA Party activists obviously ...

Thoughts and prayers to those poor people and their families. I hope this hostage situation ends better than the one in Chechnya.

posted on Nov, 13 2015 @ 04:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: Tiamat384
Not trying to jump the gun here, but Europe should have expected more dissent after giving permission for the "refugees" to enter the borders and with so little control over who exactly comes through the gates. This is only the beginning, and I say that because why would they stop. In World War 2 Japan woke the dragon, the USA. Since about the 1980s the West has funded what would become a terrorist organization and now, not only has the West woken the beast, much of the West welcomes it into West. This is horrible, this is tragic. But this very likely could have been prevented. Close the borders, close the gates. If the EU tells you to take these people, but are they, then tell them to piss off and if anything paying with paper is better than paying with the loss of culture and lives.

Preventable yes. Makes you wonder why the door was swung so widely open.

THUS IT BEGINS.

Problem, reaction, solution. If there isn't a problem government creates the problem to enact their solution. Get ready for it boys and girls.
edit on 13-11-2015 by Rosinitiate because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 13 2015 @ 04:54 PM
link   
Horrible, scary and saddening. I wish these despicable cowards would stop murdering innocent people and stop fueling war.
edit on 11/13/2015 by Kali74 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 13 2015 @ 04:56 PM
link   
Holy # france is closing its borders, soldiers in the street of paris, just wow

Francois holland has said that certain quartier would get increased presences to stop the attacks.
edit on 13-11-2015 by dukeofjive696969 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 13 2015 @ 04:57 PM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Nov, 13 2015 @ 04:57 PM
link   
Possible false flag..

posted on Nov, 13 2015 @ 05:00 PM
link   
a reply to: Telepathy3

I think it is exactly what it is. This has been simmering in France for a long time, and with the recent migrant push, it was really only a matter of time. Remember, France has cars burning on a semi-regular basis.

No, TPTB want to bring it down, not destroy it like this.

link   
a reply to: Rosinitiate
You know the thing I hate the most? Germany and Belgium said that if Poland does not take refugees then Poland will be forced to take in terrorists, possible terrorists. Even though they realized it was a mistake, even though everything. The security risks. Why is Europe allowing for this? It pisses me off and then seeing these sappy stories of poor people entering Europe...all I see is risk. Just look at this. Look at the blood. Close this down, no one else.

link   
Does anyone know of a french news live feed im watching it on sky news, not sure if there any good
edit on 13-11-2015 by dukeofjive696969 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join