It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Paris shooting: Several 'killed and injured after shootout' in French restaurant

page: 62
<< 59  60  61    63  64  65 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 14 2015 @ 03:15 PM
link   
Guess we are going to see how strong that NATO 'bond' is.

'An Attack on one is an attack on all.'

On another note. I thought Putin had ISIS on the 'run' or 'decimated'.

Er so the propaganda went.
edit on 14-11-2015 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 14 2015 @ 03:18 PM
link   
a reply to: Shamrock6

False alarm, says Reuters?

posted on Nov, 14 2015 @ 03:20 PM
link   
a reply to: beansidhe

False Alarm according to my source as well.

posted on Nov, 14 2015 @ 03:21 PM
link   

Yea, quoting interior ministry official it sounds like.

Glad it turned out to be much ado

posted on Nov, 14 2015 @ 03:23 PM
link   
a reply to: EternalSolace

a reply to: Shamrock6

That's good to hear. Paris has suffered enough today. I guess no one's going to be taking any chances right now.

posted on Nov, 14 2015 @ 03:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: beansidhe

originally posted by: Shamrock6
a reply to: EternalSolace

Guessing the subway station in my ETA is right near there too

Champ de Mars is the metro beside the Eiffel tower, if I remember right. Any more news on what's going on? My husband just said there was something happening there?

Pullman incident 'false alert'
Posted at 21:23
An incident at Paris' Pullman Hotel we reported on a short time ago was a false alert, the French interior ministry says.

Police have searched the hotel in the 15th district of Paris - but have found nothing.

The intervention was triggered by a tourist who thought he had seen something suspicious, the BBC's Clea Caulcutt in Paris reports.

posted on Nov, 14 2015 @ 03:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: Indigo5

originally posted by: PublicOpinion
a reply to: Indigo5

Syrian who apparently passed through Greece as refugee was 'one of Paris killers'

They've edited the article and headline, but anyway:

Investigators also told French media a Syrian passport, belonging to a man born in 1970, and an Egyptian passport had been found lying close by the bodies of two other jihadis, both of whom blew themselves up in the course of their attacks.

It said the holder of the Syrian Passport entered via Greece Oct. 3rd...

It did not say he was a refugee.

From a pure strategic standpoint...Moving operatives to specific planned locations/times etc. ...A refugee caravan is insanely unreliable..you don't know when and where that person will arrive..

Why not just have them board a plane with a passport and fly comfortably where you need them....with money in pocket and resources??

I understand the convenience for ideological purposes of claiming that terrorists sneak in with refugees...but apart from fear mongering purposes...it makes no sense for a terrorist operation.

It would be hard to begin coordination and planning when you terrorist plant is lost walking on some railroad track half starved or gets repeatedly re-routed or denied at border crossings.

ISIS has money and means...they needed these people at precise places, well funded, well prepared, in good health and on time. They didn't send them in refugee caravans.

I think you underestimate the importance of the ideological damage that having them be actual caravan refugees can be. IS wants a war between Islam and the West. That war happens by trying to build up anti-Islamic ideology in the West, in turn building up Islamic hate towards the West and support for terrorist activities. The rise of the right wing, the fear against Muslims, they love it. It's their bread and butter. They don't want happy refugee situations and multiculturalism to work.

posted on Nov, 14 2015 @ 03:34 PM
link   

That will prolly last for about 5 minutes then everyone will lul themselves back in to a false sense of 'security'.

One would think Charlie Hebdo would have woken them up. It didn't.

Then one would have thought the other attacks would have woken them up. They didn't.

Because terrorists know. All they have to do is wait it out. Then strike again.

The only question who is going to be next.

In the US, UK, Austrailia or maybe more Russian planes.

There is no shortage of 'martyrs', and there's no shortage of 'targets'.

For those that lulled themselves in to thinking the world is more 'safe'.

It has become more dangerous than ever.

posted on Nov, 14 2015 @ 03:36 PM
link   
a reply to: dragonridr

Cheers dragonridr. Everyone in Paris will be jumpy tonight, they'll be extra careful.

posted on Nov, 14 2015 @ 03:40 PM
link   
Another one snuck in with the refugees through greece ..
Breaking News: Second suspected Paris attacker likely passed through Greece - Greek officials
live.reuters.com...

Sure refugees goooooood natives baaaaaad

posted on Nov, 14 2015 @ 03:41 PM
link   
a reply to: neo96

Well, ISIS is on the run as they are not making any progress and are being bombed heavily.

You can't really stop individuals who will blow themselves up alongside others unless you know before hand who they are.

I know what you thinking, how is it possible to pull off coordinated attack in the modern days, without intelligence service's noticing it before hand with all those high tech and surveillance. I wonder that as well.

posted on Nov, 14 2015 @ 03:42 PM
link   

I hope they get back to normal as soon as possible, because it sends a clear message to the terrorists that they won't let them win. People aren't scared of them.
They want us to be afraid, to change our way of life. It sounds harsh because the event is still so raw, but I really hope the Parisians band together and show these fools that they refuse to give in to terror tactics.
Targeting people in clubs and restaraunts is the weakest, most cowardly way to make your point.
If we live in fear - they have won.

posted on Nov, 14 2015 @ 03:44 PM
link   
Last night, there was no power here in my neighbourhood, so I spent all my phone's battery trying to keep up with the news and that was it.

Today, I'd like to send all my love and good thoughts to France, the victims and their families.

Terrible, sick tragedy.

+6 more 
posted on Nov, 14 2015 @ 03:48 PM
link   
a reply to: Nikola014

You can't really stop individuals who will blow themselves up alongside others unless you know before hand who they are.

Sure there is.

Go after their money.

Ban the middle easts oil.

Freeze the assets of Saudi Arabia, and Iran, and other arab states.

Stop their drug trafficking. Stop the sex trafficking.

Sanction the lot of them.

Money makes the world go round, and it's what paid for them 'ak's' and explosives.

And they get that money from oil,drugs, and sex slaves.

I know what you thinking, how is it possible to pull off coordinated attack in the modern days, without intelligence service's noticing it before hand with all those high tech and surveillance. I wonder that as well.

It's not that hard.

People need to stop crediting those people with 'intelligence'.

They are nothing but morons that are cannon fodder being used by someone else. Like the 'royal' family or 'supreme' leaders.

posted on Nov, 14 2015 @ 03:55 PM
link   

Targeting people in clubs and restaraunts is the weakest, most cowardly way to make your point.

I never understood that.

X is mad at Y so X goes, and kills Z.

Doesn't make a lick of sense.

Like I said terrorists aren't the sharpest tools in the shed.
edit on 14-11-2015 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 14 2015 @ 04:04 PM
link   

Tantrums with a kalashnikov.
It makes no sense, the IRA, UVF etc were the same. So many innocent folk died for a point scoring exercise.

They are nothing but morons that are cannon fodder being used by someone else. Like the 'royal' family or 'supreme' leaders.

I couldn't agree more, they are being exploited by 'men' too weak to fight themselves - they send their minions to spread terror. It's pitiful.

posted on Nov, 14 2015 @ 04:25 PM
link   
Im thinking maybe if they piss off th e french enough they will prolly start mass deportations.

posted on Nov, 14 2015 @ 04:27 PM
link   
CNN is reporting that French officials are now not 100% sure all attackers are dead. Not corroborated yet, and it's a "French official" they reference, but may be worth watching.

Also, the father and brother of one of the attackers are now in police custody.

ETA - the family that's being held is believed to be related to an attacker described as a 30 year old French national born in Parisian suburbs
edit on 14-11-2015 by Shamrock6 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 14 2015 @ 05:20 PM
link   
a reply to: dragonridr

I just finished reading this whole thread. Whew!

My prayers are with the victims families and my heart goes out to them.

This is a sad sad day for everyone.

Thanks everyone for keeping this thread updated with the news as it came in. I don't have cable and come to ATS to get my news.

#prayforParis

posted on Nov, 14 2015 @ 05:24 PM
link   
If any of these attackers came with the recent waves of immigrants... try finding them hidden in some cave or village while they are planning their next assault. I am doubtful the EU leaders didn't see it coming when allowing masses of unchecked men to cross the borders. Question is - whom did they obey to do so?

My condolence to all of the people who lost friends and loved ones, this is a horrible assault let happen. Where are the radars to detect weapons ? The one they stopped from shooting in the train months ago, authorities said they had him on a radar..

top topics

<< 59  60  61    63  64  65 >>

join