It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Paris shooting: Several 'killed and injured after shootout' in French restaurant

page: 60
<< 57  58  59    61  62  63 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 14 2015 @ 01:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: DrakeINFERNO
a reply to: Avicenne

you are wrong, those who are having to live with this immigration are the losers.

So far none of any of the attackers have been identified as "immigrants"?...who by the way are actually fleeing this extremism and violence, not bringing it.

I have heard about Belgian, French and Egyptian passports and at least one "French National" and one "Belgian National" thus far..

Where did you hear "immigrants" were responsible ?...apart from your that screaming skin headed devil on your left shoulder.

posted on Nov, 14 2015 @ 01:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: dashrunner
One thing that puzzles me is why, someone with a explosive belt, who intends on killing themselves after the act of terror would carry a passport?

I have no doubt the open borders and refugee situation is to blame in someone way, maybe weapons or indeed some of the culprits but the fact that a passport was found next to a body stinks - what did they do, place their passport on the floor and then blow themselves up?

I would say it was someone's job to place the passport there after the person blew himself up. Either that or it was someone's job to SAY the passport was found near the body.

The passport trick has been used over and over. It's like a signature of some group so those in the know will know who was behind the act. Saudi group involvement? Great White Brotherhood?

posted on Nov, 14 2015 @ 01:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: Tyrion79

originally posted by: UnBreakable

originally posted by: Tyrion79
originally posted by: UnBreakable

Ya, ISIS has existed for five years and Russia has done more in a couple of months to eradicate them than your ME countries that you claim are supposedly fighting them have done. I'll leave you with this.

How would you know what ME countries have done in the last 5 yrs to combat ISIS, as if western media coverage of that is as widely covered as the Russian involvement of the last couple of months.
Why all the Russia love all of a sudden, isn't Russia supposed to be U.S.'s biggest rival? (Or is it only convenient for discussion purposes only)
Seeing how Iran borders Syria and Irak, I would say that they're alot closer to the fire, than western countries.

No Russian love, just the facts. While Obama sits on his hands, Putin is actually doing something. And if ME countries did anything over the past five years as was claimed by the poster, we wouldn't be at this point.

Maybe if the U.S. didn't invade Irak and left the country devastated and in turmoil, there wouldn't even be any ISIS to begin with.
U.S. made a mess, they should clean up.
Don't blaim other countries for being incompetent, look at you own.
Now Europe has to deal with taking care of the refugees because of it.

Thanks for reiterating my point. Didn't I point out the ineffectiveness of Obama? And I'm not blaming, I'm just refuting what the poster said where ME countries are fighting ISIS. To demonstrate, the US wanted to train Syrian rebel fighting forces. Only four or five Syrians were willing to be trained. It just shows the resolve and how willing they are to fight ISIS. The other thousands of military aged males chose to run away to Europe. Sorry if this doesn't agree with your agenda.

"Only 4 to 5 American-trained Syrians fighting against the Islamic State"
www.washingtonpost.com...

posted on Nov, 14 2015 @ 01:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: dashrunner what did they do, place their passport on the floor and then blow themselves up? I mean, since when have you needed a passport to get to mecca or wherever they go?

Likely they stepped on their passport before detonating to increase the odds it wouldn't be incinerated.

They seek to be identified...So they will be celebrated/lionized/revered as a martyr by their ISIS colleagues.

Also...Other terrorist organizations have pay-outs to Martyrs families or designated recipients...If ISIS promised money to his surviving family members or whoever he wanted to get paid, they need proof that he died and martyred himself vs. just snuck away before the attacks.

There are a many reasons that the suicide bombers want to be known for what they did....not unusual for them to carry ID or take steps so they can be clearly identified after they blow-up.

posted on Nov, 14 2015 @ 01:14 PM
link   
a reply to: Indigo5

That is not what I have heard. There were reports that most of them spent time in Syria together recently. It is very possible that they flooded in with the refugees after training for months.

posted on Nov, 14 2015 @ 01:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: kosmicjack
a reply to: DelMarvel

I dunno, given the mix lately, it does seem like IS....Russian plane, Lebanon, Bagdad, now France. Those seem more opportunistic than contrived. Now, as to who actually funds or started or caused the origins of IS....there's a good debate.

It is ISIS and it is an elevation in sophistication...Strategies on combating them need to change ASAP. They are now flush with money from Oil and drug sales from their territory in Syria and are gaining recruits. They are also younger and more tech savvy than AQ and can plan without NSA/CIA detection.

The Syrian conflict needs to end soon to cut off the money...then the EU needs to get black ops rolling ASAP. It's not something the USA can do for them.

And for others...AQ was established and growing and attacked NYC...before we put a single boot on the ground in Afghanistan or Iraq.

The USA in Iraq did not make ISIS...they are the rebellious, ideological progeny of AQ...

posted on Nov, 14 2015 @ 01:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: deadeyedick

That is not what I have heard. There were reports that most of them spent time in Syria together recently. It is very possible that they flooded in with the refugees after training for months.

There's also been some chatter that the majority of these men were French citizens that traveled to train in Syria and came back home to do the "job". The refugee aspect may have nothing to do with this whatsoever.

posted on Nov, 14 2015 @ 01:30 PM
link   

Syrian who apparently passed through Greece as refugee was 'one of Paris killers'

edit on 14-11-2015 by PublicOpinion because: (no reason given)

They've edited the article and headline, but anyway:

Investigators also told French media a Syrian passport, belonging to a man born in 1970, and an Egyptian passport had been found lying close by the bodies of two other jihadis, both of whom blew themselves up in the course of their attacks.

Greece’s citizen protection minister, Nikos Toskas, said separately that the owner of the Syrian passport had entered the European Union through the Greek island of Leros on 3 October, adding: “We do not know if the passport was checked by other countries through which the holder likely passed.”

posted on Nov, 14 2015 @ 01:31 PM
link   
I've noticed one thing.

There's been so many support for the people of France like it should be, but I can't help but wonder what the hell was the world doing when the terrorist shoot down that Russian plane over Egypt? Or what's happening in Syria with all those poor people being murdered? Or boko harem? Where was the reaction from the world? Why can't I change my facebook profile picture into colours of those countries?

It just saddens me.
edit on 14-11-2015 by Nikola014 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 14 2015 @ 01:34 PM
link   
a reply to: Nikola014

They spent days touting that the Russian plane wasn't bombed. Now I'm guessing they say it was.

ISIS should be met with a multi national force so it and it's supporters can be destroyed.

posted on Nov, 14 2015 @ 01:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: deadeyedick

Nothing personal...but this is not a High School cafeteria..." not what I heard" is not a legit form of disputing something..If you are going to refute something, how about links? Otherwise you are just saying stuff.

As for what I said...here is one source.

Paris terror attacks: Syrian and Egyptian passport found near bodies of suicide bombers at Stade de France

A Syrian passport has been found on the body of one of the suicide bombers at the Stade de France, French police have told Reuters.

Information emerging from the scene indicates one of the attackers at the stadium may have been French.
Witnesses described one attacker as “white”, “European type” according to BFMtv.

www.independent.co.uk...

posted on Nov, 14 2015 @ 01:37 PM
link   
a reply to: Nikola014

I noticed that the 44 plus killed in the bombings in the Lebanon are only getting media attention because 3 of the victims were from the US.

They're supposed to kill each other, that's not news.

posted on Nov, 14 2015 @ 01:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: PublicOpinion

Syrian who apparently passed through Greece as refugee was 'one of Paris killers'

Investigators also told French media a Syrian passport, belonging to a man born in 1970, and an Egyptian passport had been found lying close by the bodies of two other jihadis, both of whom blew themselves up in the course of their attacks.

Yah...Cuz the actual headline of your link is....Three French citizens arrested over Paris attacks

Which kind of destroys the premise that if they denied the refugees shelter this would not have happened...
edit on 14-11-2015 by Indigo5 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 14 2015 @ 01:39 PM
link   

Let em all in, be acceptable!! Be damned women and children are being molested, be damned they are cutting mens heads off. Be damned if they bankrupt us, we have to be willing to take them all in...
Has the EU politicians lost their freaking mind?

posted on Nov, 14 2015 @ 01:41 PM
link   
Pure scum... attacking people going about their Friday night, drinking, laughing, singing and being entertained.
Could be anywhere, could be anyone.

My heart goes out to all affected by this.

posted on Nov, 14 2015 @ 01:43 PM
link   
If there are a group of refugees crossing the border with no documents then that is the perfect opportunity for a cell to cross along with them without showing documents and alerting those watching that a terrorist cell just came through the door. Without the cover of refugee status then those trying to get back in would be known and watched.

posted on Nov, 14 2015 @ 01:45 PM
link   

It said the holder of the Syrian Passport entered via Greece Oct. 3rd...

It did not say he was a refugee.

From a pure strategic standpoint...Moving operatives to specific planned locations/times etc. ...A refugee caravan is insanely unreliable..you don't know when and where that person will arrive..

Why not just have them board a plane with a passport and fly comfortably where you need them....with money in pocket and resources??

I understand the convenience for ideological purposes of claiming that terrorists sneak in with refugees...but apart from fear mongering purposes...it makes no sense for a terrorist operation.

It would be hard to begin coordination and planning when you terrorist plant is lost walking on some railroad track half starved or gets repeatedly re-routed or denied at border crossings.

ISIS has money and means...they needed these people at precise places, well funded, well prepared, in good health and on time. They didn't send them in refugee caravans.

posted on Nov, 14 2015 @ 01:46 PM
link   
a reply to: starfoxxx

You've lost it? Rhetorical question, mind the snake-pit.

Let 'em all starve and freeze to death just 'cause our Murican friends were crazy enough to make a mess out of the ME? To defend what exactly when there is no European value left?
There was no ISIS as the War on Terror started, was it?

Gimme some of that KoolAid, I'm not convinced yet. We're being played, don't embarrA$$ yourself.

posted on Nov, 14 2015 @ 01:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: Indigo5

It said the holder of the Syrian Passport entered via Greece Oct. 3rd...

It did not say he was a refugee.

He was a TERRORIST. He murdered people.

How hard is this for you to grasp?

posted on Nov, 14 2015 @ 01:59 PM
link   
They are reporting that whoever owned the Syrian passport entered Greece as a refugee:

It also reported that a Syrian passport which was found on the body of the attacker at the Stade de France had passed through Greece as a refugee in October.

smh.com.au
e dit on 14-11-2015 by Ianska because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 57  58  59    61  62  63 >>

join